SEC considering dropping divisions from basketball

The league is considering dropping the division format from league.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5240165

I don't know what to think about this if it happens. :dunno: I really don't see the benefit of doing this. The team that wins the division only impacts the SEC Tournament, not the NCAA Tournament. I like the division play myself in basketball just like I like it in football.

I like it the way it is now. If they must change something they could make it be like the baseball tournament, top and second seed the two division winners and W/L record determines the rest of the seeding.

I like it the way it is now. If they must change something they could make it be like the baseball tournament, top and second seed the two division winners and W/L record determines the rest of the seeding.

Off this topic, but since you mentioned it- Why is there even an SEC baseball tourney? Seems completely useless and nobody really cares either way for it. Unlike the basketball tourney, the baseball event has zero impact on the NCAA's. About money i suppose.

Off this topic, but since you mentioned it- Why is there even an SEC baseball tourney? Seems completely useless and nobody really cares either way for it. Unlike the basketball tourney, the baseball event has zero impact on the NCAA's. About money i suppose.

I think its so the slive can get his 40%  cut.  But hey, no one's  paying attention  to what he's  doing.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived