Lakers @ Celtics GAME 5

Holland's Fro

Who will win Game 5?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win Game 5?

• Lakers
    • Celtics

AU MM

Dude, I have    :banghead:  my head against the wall trying to figure out who is going to win this game.

I voted for the Lakers because they took care of Oklahoma City in 6, and they took care of Utah in 5.

So far when it is crunch time, they keep delivering the final blow. Although this is not elimination status... I think they Lakers know they need to get this game tonight. They feel awfully good about closing this thing out back at Staples.

I still believe that the Celtics are now backed into a corner. They HAVE to win this game, or they could be doomed. There is no way they win two in a row back in LA.

Two teams and only one can emerge victorious.

Andrew Bynums knee is a huge concern... if he were 100 percent healthy... this series would be over and LA would be champions.

I think the key to tonights game is trying to keep him healthy (if he plays) - which I think he will because its now or never.

Hes going to have surgery anyway... If they can get some quality minutes out of him tonight (he only played 12 last game) then LA will win this thing.

Kobe is the best closer in the game... and hes not going to let this 5th ring go.

He will take it back to LA.

I hope.

I hope.

It goes back to LA regardless of who wins.  ;D

I can't call any of the games anymore.  I think it will be rare for any team to win 2 in a row, but I have to believe that the Celtics will play with more desperation since they really don't want to have to win 2 in LA.

I will just say I hope the Celtics win it.

:dunno:

I hope.

It goes back to LA regardless of who wins.   ;D

I can't call any of the games anymore.  I think it will be rare for any team to win 2 in a row, but I have to believe that the Celtics will play with more desperation since they really don't want to have to win 2 in LA.

I will just say I hope the Celtics win it.

:dunno:

I mean I hope he takes it back to LA with the series lead... my bad.

as of right now... Kobes shot selection is horrible. Hes just throwing crap up and its not falling. He needs to attack the rim and dish the ball off. Everybody on the floor is stepping in front of him, and I promise you that somebody is open.

He has 3 assist right now... just needs to play unselfish.

I don't understand how a player can be called on an offensive foul when driving to the basket and going up, the defender jumps up and TURNS his body into the player.  :dunno:

I'm not really whining about it, just pointing that out.

I don't understand how a player can be called on an offensive foul when driving to the basket and going up, the defender jumps up and TURNS his body into the player.  :dunno:

I'm not really whining about it, just pointing that out.

You loved that Rondo Shove didnt you? the one where he was not called for a technical foul?

Refs> Lakers.

Its going to 7 because thats what the NBA wants.

I actually missed the entire 1st and most of the 2nd thinking it started at 8. I missed that shove but heard about it on the half-time report. According to Magic he came to the defense of a teammate. Like I said, didn't see it. I 100% agree that everyone wants this to go 7. They won't get that extra commercial $ without taking it all 7.

Yall can turn this game off... Kobe Bryant is the only Laker on the floor that can score points for them.

They look pathetic.

actually the look like Boston in the first game of the series.

If LA wants to finish this at Home... well they will get their chance.

and its not looking good.

GA, GT, did y'all hear how the "beat LA" chant originated. That's pretty wild.

I hear it a good bit on T.V. but I dont know how it originated.

but right now, LA deserves that chant.

Kobe played a great game... did all he could. Byum's absence hurt tonight and  for the duration of this series.

Its actually nothing for a Celt to brag about. Appearantly back in '83 (I think they said) Boston was playing the 76ers in a game 7 of the semis. The 76ers were beating Boston so bad in that game the crowd realized they had no chance of coming back. So the Boston fans started chanting "Beat LA" to the 76ers because the Celtics weren't going to get the chance. And that's how it started (according to the commentators).

LA still has a chance because of Kobe... but not much after that.

well maybe Staples can pull them through... but as of now... the Celtics "OLD" men own them young Lakers.

The big 3 of the celtics may be a little older

but dont tell  Bostons bench.

Their bench makes the Lakers bench look real silly.

Celtics!!

Sorry, GA....I couldn't resist.  I was at work last night when the Celtics won.

;D

Celtics!!

Sorry, GA....I couldn't resist.  I was at work last night when the Celtics won.

;D

You deserve your happiness... Boston has just taken over the series.

Itll be what? their 17th world championship?

Kobe is a stud and he shows up every night... the rest of the Lakers have disappointed me big time.

Archived