Damon Evans

DWWD34

Does anyone think Damon Evans' (Georgia's AD) recent DUI will help us with some of the recruits from Georgia we're after?

I think it will.  If I am a parent I want my kid have a great time in college, but at the same time be in a "Safe" environment.  This includes being around players and university officials that have integrity and high character.  UGA is a mess right now.

It will absolutely effect recruiting.  Maybe Richt will overcome it, but he'll have to spend cycles doing damage control rather than doing more productive things.  At the very least it will be a major distraction to the Georgia athletic personnel and boosters.

Does anyone think Damon Evans' (Georgia's AD) recent DUI will help us with some of the recruits from Georgia we're after?

Though not a good thing(duh), I don`t see where it should affect recruiting. Though it doesn`t help the schools image any, it reflects more on the individual than the school in this type situation. Now if was to happen on a regular basis it might raise more alarms. Main thing is how it plays out and if he leaves, how it affects Richt`s future. Then it may become an issue.

I don't think it will affect recruiting anymore than the talk of MR being on the hot seat. We will have to just wait and see what happens. Georgia being rated as one of the top party schools and the old name for the Ga-Fla game, The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party, didn't have a negative impact on recruiting so i'm not sure that this will either. It's still early in the process and a long way from signing day. By the time signing day rolls around this will be forgotten and not on the radar.

I really hate that for Damon.  We graduated from the same high school.  He was a year ahead of me and was the starting center for our bball team and I was the second string center. 

I really dont think it will effect recruiting any more than Jay Jacobs getting caught in a similar situation would affect us.  Besides it's not like UGA is luring recruits because of the programs reputation for high moral character.  Maybe the coach's character but not the program overall.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, check out the IRONY in this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6Wbmvb-dhk&feature=related

Oh, and IMO, this could very well affect at least a couple of recruits opinions of the SCHOOL and it's administration... maybe not Richt and his team, but for the recruits who take ALL of that stuff into consideration and have HIGH morals, this could be a negative thing! I'm thinking that it can't help them with a guy like Ray Drew!  :dunno:

What right would a head coach or AD kickoff any player in any sport or even a coach for drinking and driving or something worse.

If I am not mistaking, Ray Drew has said that how a program is run is very important to him.  I am sure since he is a minister this has not gone unnoticed by him. As the AD, the man at the top of Athletics, he is the point man of the Athletic Deptartment and the face of of the program.

I dont think it will matter to most recruits, they may even think its cool or okay or even not that big of a deal, but I think for a Mom and a Dad they are going to take this into consideration to some extent and it will affect a few recruits.

Hopefully it will sway Ray, he is one of my top targets this year.

:believe:

he might have came through this with only a dui, but the hoochie moma and the fact that evans was sitting on her panties, is too much. he will be fired in 2 weeks max.

he might have came through this with only a dui, but the hoochie moma and the fact that evans was sitting on her panties, is too much. he will be fired in 2 weeks max.

To late, he has already resigned.

Archived