cothran and kemp ineligable

pram92

Guest WarTiger

Great....Barbee is the Tuberville of bball recruiting....Sign 4stars that have no chance of making it in simply to make yourself look good.

Great....Barbee is the Tuberville of bball recruiting....Since 4stars that have no chance of making it in simply to make yourself look good.

hope ur kidding

Great....Barbee is the Tuberville of bball recruiting....Sign 4stars that have no chance of making it in simply to make yourself look good.

First of all Kemp was signed before Barbee came in. We all knew Cothron was on the border so we realized we were taking a chance. Just by signing him though we moved up in the eyes of other recruits for next year. Hence signing two great players the other day with a few more possible.

This year will be tough between injuries and bad luck with a few recruits, a new coach with a new system it will not be as good as I would like. That said this coach and his system will get the most out of his players and we will have a benner crop of new players next year.  BBall is a sport unlike football where 1 or 2 players can turn a whole program around.

Coach will get those playes and we will win in the future.

:believe::we::believe::wareagle::wedance:

Guys, I apologize for leading you in the wrong direction on this one.  When I posted that he made it in school, I was informed by someone very close to the situation that was expecting it to become public that day.  Everyone thought it was a done deal.  'Not sure what came up at the last minute but it was enough to hold him out.  Anyways, I hope you'll except my apologies and just know that we're in good hands with Barbee and Co.  Some great things are happening.  It may just take a little time.  WDE!!!

No worries JS!

Thanks for the vote of confidence, bro.  I pride myself on dotting my i's and crossing my t's before sharing things I hear.  I can tell you that a lot of people were fooled on this one, atleast.

Guys, I apologize for leading you in the wrong direction on this one.  When I posted that he made it in school, I was informed by someone very close to the situation that was expecting it to become public that day.  Everyone thought it was a done deal.  'Not sure what came up at the last minute but it was enough to hold him out.  Anyways, I hope you'll except my apologies and just know that we're in good hands with Barbee and Co.  Some great things are happening.  It may just take a little time.  WDE!!!

No need to apologize.  I, for one, look on the bright side of this.  Other coaches/programs use very "creative" ways to get these kids qualified, then the program takes a big hit later on for doing it.  We'll bounce back from this, and hopefully get Cothron qualified for next season.  I am guessing he'll go to prep school/juco.  Hopefully, Mr. Lacey and Mr. Rivers will go ahead and sign on and we'll see good things in the future.

With the two recent injuries, and these two non-qualifiers, where does that leave us for this year? 

No need to apologize.  I, for one, look on the bright side of this.  Other coaches/programs use very "creative" ways to get these kids qualified, then the program takes a big hit later on for doing it.   We'll bounce back from this, and hopefully get Cothron qualified for next season.  I am guessing he'll go to prep school/juco.  Hopefully, Mr. Lacey and Mr. Rivers will go ahead and sign on and we'll see good things in the future.

Exactly!  I have thought about this a good bit since learning that he definitely would not be qualifying afterall.  It actually gave me a bit of relief.  All we've heard from the outside is how Barbee would come in and run a dirty program like his mentor supposedly does.  They were saying things like, "Just you watch.  Cothron will magically qualify against all odds and thus jumpstart the rampant cheating that is inevitable on the Plains."  I've been hearing it ever since the man was hired.  So, I know where you're coming from and I believe Coach Barbee when he says that every move he makes will be above board.

stop hating on CTB if you would have said that to me in real life i would have punched you in the face

:believe: :believe: :believe: :believe: :believe: :believe: :believe:........and your the only one that doesnt :beatmullet:

Very nice WDR. Just a ray of sunshine you are.

Disregard this. He has no idea what he is talking about. Barbee had a matter of weeks to throw this class together and did an outstanding job. He took a chance on Cothron. So what, it was our best bet. Don't hate on our coaches especially when you have no idea what you are talking about.

Kemp was fron previous coach, Cothron was a chance and we knew it. Denison is a nice pick up and mayne Ward. We already have two big guys coming next year.

Barbee said he would work his butt off for Auburn and run a clean program, he also said it would take a little time. So far I have seen him working his butt off. We have had high quality players express interest in Auburn. It has been many years since that has occurred.  From what I have seen he has shown he can recruit. 

With the injuries to some key players we will be undermanned again. That said I have a gut feeling that this man will find a way to make this team competitive. I am not saying we will be in the top in the SEC I am saying they will play hard and beat some people that they shouldn't win against. 

If I am right that will prove that he can also coach. That will really help us turn the corner.  In 3-4 years we will have the kind of basketball program to be proud of.

:we::wareagle::wedance:  :believe:

Very nice WDR. Just a ray of sunshine you are.

hey war damn raiders go watch your oakland raiders highlights......alright you should be done now

I hate to imagine what this place is gonna look like this year if Auburn loses games in either football or basketball. AL.com horribly comes to mind  :(

I dare people tor try it. >:(

I hate to imagine what this place is gonna look like this year if Auburn loses games in either football or basketball. AL.com horribly comes to mind  :(

While I hope we don't see the filth that post on al.com here, I also hope that people will feel comfortable enough to voice their opinions if they feel their AU program is not where it needs to be.  I caught a lot of flak for not wanting our previous BB coach here last season.  I think voicing a well thought out constructive opinion should be encouraged.

No one would want to go to a site that only allows good things to be said about the program, no matter how that program is doing.

:dunno:

While I hope we don't see the filth that post on al.com here, I also hope that people will feel comfortable enough to voice their opinions if they feel their AU program is not where it needs to be.  I caught a lot of flak for not wanting our previous BB coach here last season.   I think voicing a well thought out constructive opinion should be encouraged.No one would want to go to a site that only allows good things to be said about the program, no matter how that program is doing.

:dunno:

Absolutely, dissenting opinions are welcome, they are necessary for healthy debate.  The way in which those opinions are presented is where I'll take my stand. 

Archived