Peeps in North Carolina

autigger

I have a possible job opportunity in Thomasville NC anyone know the area what its like ? Big or Small? Safe place or not? etc etc. Expected cost of living so forth so on.....Any help is appreciated....

This should help.

Cost of living comparison

My wife I lived in Winston for a couple of years but I never made it Thomasville. I know that its not far from Greensboro so if you're into bigger cities then you have that access. CarolinaTiger can probably help you more though.

hi tigger.

i'm living in winston-salem now...been here for 4+ years.

i've driven through thomasville a couple of times, and it seems a nice enough town. as with many of our smaller towns, it's been hit by the layoffs associated with the furniture industry.

the location is great, inasmuch as you're very close to winston-salem, greensboro, and charlotte...so you'll have lots of opportunities to do "stuff" because those cities usually have something interesting going on.

here's a good link should you decide to move up here: FAQs about Thomasville

the city itself is small...roughly 20,000 people...but like i said, there's sizeable cities closeby.

if you decide to move up here, let me know! i'll treat you to some lexington barbeque!

ct

thats pretty cool too thanks....... i have to go where the jobs are and this seems to be my best offer

yeah it looks ok... now on to my first house buying experience....

Rent for six months. You don't know which 200 of those 20,000 you want to live next to!!!!

Archived