Nick Fairley may stay after all.....

aurules16

I'm not picking a side in this.  Its hard for me to listen to players complain about some of these issues when the league minimum is multitudes higher than I will make at the peak of a degreed profession.  Plus they get to play football for a living.  Nobody gives a crap about the fans, other than the best way to get their money, or a lockout would not even be a consideration.

I'm not picking a side in this.  Its hard for me to listen to players complain about some of these issues when the league minimum is multitudes higher than I will make at the peak of a degreed profession.  Plus they get to play football for a living.  Nobody gives a crap about the fans, other than the best way to get their money, or a lockout would not even be a consideration.

I hear ya; it's really tough to like either side of the argument when both are motivated to get more money and nothing more.  If someone, ANYONE, was trying to make sure that football kept being played, I'd probably go with that side.

It a tough situation for both sides. I do side with the players mostly. They put their bodies and health on the line every time they step on the field. The league and owners control most aspects of their lives. Where they can go, what they can say, what they can do. They also make hundreds of millions on the backs of players. You get hurt, you get cut. Your contracts aren't guaranteed. You're considered old at 30 years of age. I say pay them what you've been paying the plus some for the games being added to the schedule and guarantee the contracts. The owners only care about one thing and that's money and how to make more of it. They're not struggling one bit. I see the side of the league minimum being a heck of a lot more than normal jobs out there. That's the way of world. Sure teachers, law enforcement and fireman should make more than they do. But I also believe they took on a job of being a servant of the public. We should all make more money for the jobs we do and what we out up with day in and day out.

It a tough situation for both sides. I do side with the players mostly. They put their bodies and health on the line every time they step on the field. The league and owners control most aspects of their lives. Where they can go, what they can say, what they can do. They also make hundreds of millions on the backs of players. You get hurt, you get cut. Your contracts aren't guaranteed. You're considered old at 30 years of age. I say pay them what you've been paying the plus some for the games being added to the schedule and guarantee the contracts. The owners only care about one thing and that's money and how to make more of it. They're not struggling one bit. I see the side of the league minimum being a heck of a lot more than normal jobs out there. That's the way of world. Sure teachers, law enforcement and fireman should make more than they do. But I also believe they took on a job of being a servant of the public. We should all make more money for the jobs we do and what we out up with day in and day out.

What they need to do if more games is what they are all hollering about is cut the pre-season down to 4 games and let 2 still be pre-season and let 2 count towards the season.  Some of these guys (not talking league minimum guys) make more money in their first year than I will over my entire career as a degreed engineer.  Yes that is the way of the world, but they won't get much sympathy from me about playing 1 less football game over the course of the year.  Now health issues, such as the concussion procedures and all that, I think should be addressed even further than they already are. 

IDK, its a mess no matter which side you pick.  I know they will try to avoid a lockout though.  Baseball hasn't had the same following in years.  Football would be the same.  I don't NEED the NFL, just the NCAA :D

When I first heard of the lockout I was like no way can this happen, but the more I hear about it the more I hope it happens.  If it does it is just more reason to love college football.  As far as the players complaining about the abuse they put on there bodies.  C'mon, I have a job that wears in tears on my body and I don't even have company insurance.  So to hear these guys cry about that makes me sick.  If it wasn't for fantasy football and my Dallas Cowboys, both of which I can do without.  I would not even watch pro ball.  Now if I wasn't able to see my beloved Auburn Tigers take the field that would be a different story. 

I also realised how much advertisements are going to suffer with there being an nfl lockout. You look at the adverts on food, programmes etc and how much they spend for people to see them.

Archived