BOBBY COX TRIBUTE THREAD!!!!!!

AUAeroEngineer

As you all know, Bobby Cox has planned on reitiring at the end of this year. Well, it has come. The Braves just lost to the Giants, and Bobby legendary career is over. Thank you for all that you have done. I may not have been around for most of your legacy, but from what I did see, you have left a mark on me. You will surely be missed. We'll miss you!!!! It just won't be the same without you in the dugout.  :'( :'( :'(

I've loved watching his team growing up and they are definitely going to send him into the Hall the first chance they get. So thanks Bobby for the great memories and best of luck with retirement.

He'll still be around the Braves organization next year just not as manager.

I used to go watch games at the old Fulton Co. when I was a kid.There would be like 3,000 people in the stands.We were the laughing stock of the league.Aside from a good but short run by the Braves under Torre,Cox built the Braves into what it is today. Very sad to see him go.We have been blessed to have seen one of the best managers in the history of baseball. Goodbye Bobby....

I am 31 and a lifelong Braves fan.  What Bobby has done for my beloved Braves means the world to me.  I will miss hearing him encouraging players from the dugout, no matter the score... "C'mon, kid!"  I admit that from the last pitch through all the post game interviews and all, I was a mess.  Seeing him get choked up got me bad! 

Anyways, congrats to the Giants.  It was great to see them show so much class.  I hope they destroy the freaking Phillies!  Thanks for all the many memories, Bobby!  Go Bravos!

Archived