121 replies to this topic

#1 logan adams

logan adams

2015 AU Graduate

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:35 AM

Past couple of years the song was up for vote to the fans. Are they not doing that this year?

Posted Image

#2 AUNavyNightmare

AUNavyNightmare

GTA

• Verified Member
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

I hope so. Stand up by all that remains gets my vote.
Posted Image

#3 logan adams

logan adams

2015 AU Graduate

• Verified Member
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:40 AM

View PostAUNavyNightmare, on 05 August 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

I hope so. Stand up by all that remains gets my vote.

Thing is, there's only about 3 weeks to pick a song. They usually have already decided what it will be by now.

Posted Image

#4 logan adams

logan adams

2015 AU Graduate

• Verified Member
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:42 AM

This is what would get my vote though.

Edited by logan adams, 05 August 2013 - 10:43 AM.

Posted Image

#5 WarEagle1983

WarEagle1983

Royal Rogue Booster

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

View Postlogan adams, on 05 August 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

This is what would get my vote though.
:thumbsup:

#6 AU Ivory_dealer

AU Ivory_dealer

Rogue Booster

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:21 AM

Not a "today's music fan" but I've heard this one used on ESPN nascar yesterday.

Would be sweet if it had different shots Pat S. Bo and Cam ready something like a poem or the creed followed by his song.

http://www.youtube.c...DI5k?autoplay=1 the words kind of go with this years theme

#7 tigerbrotha12

tigerbrotha12

Tenured Professor

• Verified Member
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:29 AM

View PostAU Ivory_dealer, on 05 August 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

Not a "today's music fan" but I've heard this one used on ESPN nascar yesterday.

Would be sweet if it had different shots Pat S. Bo and Cam ready something like a poem or the creed followed by his song.

http://www.youtube.c...DI5k?autoplay=1 the words kind of go with this years theme
That's called Radioactive by imagine dragons; used on one of the hype videos on YouTube. It's a good song!

#8 AUwent

AUwent

Professor

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:40 AM

Yeah, Radioactive would be good, though it was used in the trailer for the most recent Stephanie Meyer movie.

#9 GoBull367

GoBull367

Booster

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

View Posttigerbrotha12, on 05 August 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

That's called Radioactive by imagine dragons; used on one of the hype videos on YouTube. It's a good song!

Radioactive would be good.  As a DJ, I vote for the remix :)

(Intro ends at 1:00, Drop at 2:20ish)

Edited by GoBull367, 05 August 2013 - 11:42 AM.

#10 Auctoritas

Auctoritas

Oblong Spheroid

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:53 AM

"Welcome to the new age..."

Yeah.  I can see it. And I think that it really fits...all those heavy downbeats, imagine syncing those up with some really hard hits by RBs on a DB or Nick Fairley whoppin McElroy and taking his lunch money.

Edited by Auctoritas, 05 August 2013 - 12:00 PM.

"The reason college football is college football is because sometimes the 1,000-to-1 longshots suddenly become shortshots.

In other words, War … Damn … Eagle."

Posted Image

#11 AU Ivory_dealer

AU Ivory_dealer

Rogue Booster

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

View PostAuctoritas, on 05 August 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

"Welcome to the new age..."

Yeah.  I can see it. And I think that it really fits...all those heavy downbeats, imagine syncing those up with some really hard hits by RBs on a DB or Nick Fairley whoppin McElroy and taking his lunch money.
yep that's what I see and like I said have the legends saying some snippets of the creed before the big breakdown in the beginning.... I've already grew a beard from getting the chills imagining it while listening.

#12 Charleston Tiger

Charleston Tiger

Tenured Professor

• Verified Member
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

Yeah this would be really cool if you can do the somber black background of them just talking. I don't think you'll get Pat (he's got his hands full with Samford), but I think you could get Cam, Bo, Takeo, etc. We need a recharge of everything. Welcome to the new age - where we go BACK to where we came from. A "back to the future" if you will perhaps?
"Two letters for you, my friend: No." - Cam Newton on if he thought he'd ever have to return his Heisman trophy

Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 WarEagle1983

WarEagle1983

Royal Rogue Booster

• Verified Member
  • 4,309 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:12 PM

View Posttigerbrotha12, on 05 August 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

Like that one as well. I like: Fall Out Boy ft 2 chainz - Light em up

#14 Charleston Tiger

Charleston Tiger

Tenured Professor

• Verified Member
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:15 PM

Obviously some things would need to change or edit out lyrics wise - but the beat works on this and I like all the references to "too fast to slow down"

https://www.youtube....h?v=rv8C1wjbsKw
"Two letters for you, my friend: No." - Cam Newton on if he thought he'd ever have to return his Heisman trophy

Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 VegasEagle

VegasEagle

Asst Head Coach

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

#16 Dixie1860

Dixie1860

Get Off My Lawn!

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,205 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:37 PM

I love all music. I just wish some of them would attempt to make themselves relavent in Hip-Hop/R&B without the language. That would be an accomplishment in itself IYAM! It has just gone past the point of ridiculous. Call me old I don't care, but we had 2 Live Crew and a few others but they were not mainstream and certainly were not on radio. (No XM then) I can't turn on my XM with kids in the car, unless I leave it on 91 the college football station, which I do anyway. Okay, old man rant over!
:rant:

#17 VegasEagle

VegasEagle

Asst Head Coach

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:42 PM

View PostDixie1860, on 05 August 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

I love all music. I just wish some of them would attempt to make themselves relavent in Hip-Hop/R&B without the language. That would be an accomplishment in itself IYAM! It has just gone past the point of ridiculous. Call me old I don't care, but we had 2 Live Crew and a few others but they were not mainstream and certainly were not on radio. (No XM then) I can't turn on my XM with kids in the car, unless I leave it on 91 the college football station, which I do anyway. Okay, old man rant over!
I agree!

#18 VegasEagle

VegasEagle

Asst Head Coach

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:46 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=5nZniMYCZp4  All day long!!............................................... I Joke, it for Dixie 1860

#19 WarEagle1983

WarEagle1983

Royal Rogue Booster

• Verified Member
  • 4,309 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:52 PM

Nothing family oriented about that group. lol. They had radio versions for some of their songs.They def. made you get up and shake your bottom though. :) There is normally a radio version to all of these songs plus it can be edited. "All i do is Win" is not a PG song by any means but they edited so that it was.

Edited by WarEagle1983, 05 August 2013 - 12:54 PM.

#20 AUFightingSoldiers

AUFightingSoldiers

Dept Head

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:52 PM

:rant:/>

You need to try Lecrae, Trip Lee, Andy Mineo, and tedashii.
Stay focused. You ain't got no ride? Your life ain't wrapped up in what you drive, the clothes you wear, the job you work, the color of your skin... NA, YOU CHRISTIAN FIRST!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users