Elizabeth Warren's Comprehensive Wall Street Reform Agenda

homersapien

......Warren's series of proposed reforms would be a major and much needed boost to an economy still held down by the Wall Street abuses that brought on the collapse of the massive housing bubble, the 2008 financial collapse, and the hardest hitting economic slowdown since the Great Depression. Here is an outline of her proposals:

• Hold financial institutions and individuals accountable for cheating customers
    • Close the auto loan loophole and extend CFPB oversight to auto dealers
    • Stop financial fraud recidivism by preventing any institution from entering into a non-prosecution agreement or deferred prosecution agreement if they are already operating under such an agreement
    • Deter future financial fraud by imposing a mandatory minimum monetary penalty at least equal to the profits generated by the illegal conduct and strengthening judicial review of deferred prosecution and non-prosecution agreements

[*]Strengthen enforcement by requiring the Fed's Board of Governors to vote on all major supervisory and regulatory matters, and giving each Governor his or her own staff

• Stop financial institutions from passing risk on to taxpayers
    • Cap the size of financial institutions as originally proposed by Senators Brown and Kaufman
    • Reinstate the barrier between commercial banking and investment banking as proposed in the 21th Century Glass-Steagall Act
    • Improve market discipline by restricting the Fed's emergency lending authority

[*]Change tax policies that encourage excessive risk-taking and financial instability

• Close the bonus loophole that allows financial institutions to write off billions in executive bonuses each year
    • Limit highly leveraged financial institutions from fully deducting their interest payments
    • Institute a targeted financial transactions tax
    • Create simple, structural rules for regulating the shadow banking sector

For full article, text of her speech and video: http://www.huffingto..._b_7087582.html

You gotta love it. A person who gets a lot of money from these cats is going to "reform" them.

Indeed. liberal idiotic irony at it's finest!!!

Hey, at least she is TALKING the right medicine at this point. She isnt voting to give tax free kick backs for campaign donations from Billionaires.

Excuse me while i mourn the fact that the only persons making sense tom me in this campaign ARENT NAMED BUSH OR CLINTON.

Hey, at least she is TALKING the right medicine at this point. She isnt voting to give tax free kick backs for campaign donations from Billionaires.

Excuse me while i mourn the fact that the only persons making sense tom me in this campaign ARENT NAMED BUSH OR CLINTON.

I feel the same. Not a Jeb supporter and the pantsuit could not BUY a CLUE...

I feel the same. Not a Jeb supporter and the pantsuit could not BUY a CLUE...

Both of them will get lots of Wall Street money. I read where the DNC hopes Hillary gets at least 150 million.

None of this would ever pass and make it into law. The reason would be due to campaign donations and lobbyists. Welcome to the world of the pay the politicians so I can get what I want game.

You gotta love it. A person who gets a lot of money from these cats is going to "reform" them.

No, idiotic irony would be claiming she gets significant money from the banking interests. :-\

(And idiotic lap dogs jump in to support idiotic irony. ;D )

No, idiotic irony would be claiming she gets significant money from the banking interests. :-\

(And idiotic lap dogs jump in supporting idiotic irony. ;D )

We dont need no libtard reforms. ALL libtards is idiots. Even a moreon can see that there.

Warren needs more friends to pass such a law, but kudos for bringing attention to it. Even fro her teepee.... :)

Warren needs more friends to pass such a law, but kudos for bringing attention to it. Even fro her teepee.... :)

And that's the sad part.

I guess 'making the fines for improper behavior at least as large as the profits derived from that behavior' is just way too radical for people to understand.

Elizabeth Warren’s Wall Street Money Machine

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/296227/elizabeth-warrens-wall-street-money-machine-kevin-d-williamson

If these donations make Senator Brown the “poster child for Goldman Sachs,” then we must think of a comparable epithet for Professor Warren, whose campaign also takes in a great deal of money from Wall Street — or, in the interest of more precise metonymy, from the sewers beneath Wall Street. I am in general not much of an admirer of Wall Street bankers, but the bankers are scholars and gentlemen compared to Wall Street lawyers, who combine the rapacity and cleverness of the financier with the paid-by-the-hour-plus-a percentage complacency associated with the legal profession. With apologies to Matt Taibbi, Wall Street lawyers are the sort of people who give vampire squids a bad name.

If she wants to play the guilt-by-association game, Professor Warren should begin by quitting her $350,000-a-year job at Harvard, where she is the Leo Gottlieb Professor of Law. That chair was endowed in memory of Mr. Gottlieb by the law firm he founded, the high-powered Cleary Gottlieb, which is not primarily in the business of helping middle-class Americans secure their legal interests against the dreaded 1 Percent. Instead, these lawyers make their living in part by helping multinational banks that profited from the Bernie Madoff fraud avoid paying compensation to Madoff victims. Professor Warren, a critic of cozy ties between regulators and industry, surely will be fascinated to learn that in the interest of maximizing its expertise in the finer points of such securities law, the firm went so far as to hire the former general counsel of the Securities and Exchange Commission — a man who resigned from the SEC after being sued by Madoff victims over $1.5 million in Madoff money that ended up in his pockets and those of his siblings. The SEC lawyer and his siblings later turned the money over to Madoff victims in a settlement.

Like it or not, EW has some bad ties to Wall Street money as well. At least she is giving them a bad time in the Senate.

No, idiotic irony would be claiming she gets significant money from the banking interests. :-\/>

(And idiotic lap dogs jump in to support idiotic irony. ;D/> )

This from an expert on the subject of idiocy.....

Read more at: http://www.nationalr...in-d-williamson

If these donations make Senator Brown the “poster child for Goldman Sachs,” then we must think of a comparable epithet for Professor Warren, whose campaign also takes in a great deal of money from Wall Street — or, in the interest of more precise metonymy, from the sewers beneath Wall Street. I am in general not much of an admirer of Wall Street bankers, but the bankers are scholars and gentlemen compared to Wall Street lawyers, who combine the rapacity and cleverness of the financier with the paid-by-the-hour-plus-a percentage complacency associated with the legal profession. With apologies to Matt Taibbi, Wall Street lawyers are the sort of people who give vampire squids a bad name.

If she wants to play the guilt-by-association game, Professor Warren should begin by quitting her $350,000-a-year job at Harvard, where she is the Leo Gottlieb Professor of Law. That chair was endowed in memory of Mr. Gottlieb by the law firm he founded, the high-powered Cleary Gottlieb, which is not primarily in the business of helping middle-class Americans secure their legal interests against the dreaded 1 Percent. Instead, these lawyers make their living in part by helping multinational banks that profited from the Bernie Madoff fraud avoid paying compensation to Madoff victims. Professor Warren, a critic of cozy ties between regulators and industry, surely will be fascinated to learn that in the interest of maximizing its expertise in the finer points of such securities law, the firm went so far as to hire the former general counsel of the Securities and Exchange Commission — a man who resigned from the SEC after being sued by Madoff victims over $1.5 million in Madoff money that ended up in his pockets and those of his siblings. The SEC lawyer and his siblings later turned the money over to Madoff victims in a settlement.

Like it or not, EW has some bad ties to Wall Street money as well. At least she is giving them a bad time in the Senate.

Other than being a hit piece, that seemed a little obscure to me.

No, idiotic irony would be claiming she gets significant money from the banking interests. :-\/>

Well Lord knows I have been exposed to enough idiocy on this forum to make me an expert.

Heck, your posts alone are like a condensed dose, straight-up, no chaser. ;D

I bet you do the Les clap to yourself after posting such zingers as that :rolleyes:

Please try, for once, to add something substantive to the discussion.

Read more at: http://www.nationalr...in-d-williamson

Well I was actually looing for the piece where she joined a conventional Wall Street Think Tank but i think she has since resigned. She took quite a bit of money from it and was roundly criticized.

If she doesnt fall to the WS Money Machine, may God Bless Her Efforts.

Well I was actually looing for the piece where she joined a conventional Wall Street Think Tank but i think she has since resigned. She took quite a bit of money from it and was roundly criticized.

If she doesnt fall to the WS Money Machine, may God Bless Her Efforts.

FYI

https://www.opensecr...em=N&cycle=2014

Do the Drill down...It is very hard to find anyone not associated with a Wall Street Bank not bankrolling her

http://data.influenc...XBlPXN0YW5kYXJk

Federal 2013-12-16 $250.00 MATTERA, NICHOLAS JR WASHINGTON, DC Capital One Bank Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-05-31 $2,500.00 YOUNGER, GORDON M RENTON, WA SP Holdings Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-02-09 $2,500.00 GILBERT, MARK BOCA RATON, FL Barclays Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-05-29 $2,500.00 RUBIN, MARY E LARCHMONT, NY JPMorgan Chase & Co Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-05-29 $2,500.00 RUBIN, MARY E LARCHMONT, NY JPMorgan Chase & Co Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2011-09-30 $2,000.00 CAMPION, HEATHER P BROOKLINE, MA Northeast Bank Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-04-12 $1,000.00 WAYNE, RICHARD WESTON, MA Northeast Bank Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2011-11-26 $1,000.00 ULUATAM, ALDORU ANDOVER, MA Royal Bank of Scotland Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-06-26 $1,000.00 WILCOX, KENNETH PORTOLA VALLEY, CA Silicon Valley Bank Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2011-09-30 $1,000.00 SHEEDY, JOANNE SPRINGFIELD, MA United Bank Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2011-10-06 $1,000.00 BEAN, CLAIRE S WABAN, MA Northeast Bank Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-03-21 $1,000.00 SIDDIQUI, ASMAT SAN FRANCISCO, CA Banking Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-10-10 $1,000.00 DEAN, JOHN WOODSIDE, CA Central Pacific Bank Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-03-13 $1,000.00 SIDDIQUI, ASMAT SAN FRANCISCO, CA Banking Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-03-28 $1,000.00 SMITH, JOSEPH M BROOKLINE, MA Bank of America Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-04-10 $600.00 SLOTE, KAREN NEWTON, MA Wainwright Bank & Trust Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-05-15 $500.00 EISEN, ELIZABETH H NEW YORK, NY JPMorgan Chase & Co Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2011-11-23 $500.00 HAITHCOCK, DAVID COSTA MESA, CA Independent Community Bankers of America Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2011-09-30 $500.00 NICOLAIDES, JOHN PAUL RED BANK, NJ Wells Fargo Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-01-27 $500.00 Huntington Bancshares Huntington Bancshares Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-09-21 $500.00 KAPLAN, PETER PITTSBURGH, PA PNC Financial Services Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-06-19 $500.00 SHAY, BRENT BOSTON, MA Wells Fargo Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-10-28 $500.00 DEAN, JOHN WOODSIDE, CA Central Pacific Bank Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2011-10-17 $500.00 FOLEY, SARAH NEW YORK, NY Citigroup Inc Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-09-29 $500.00 BURTON, RICHARD NEW YORK, NY JPMorgan Chase & Co Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-08-01 $500.00 FARLEY, BRIAN FORT LAUDERDALE, FL Wells Fargo Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-03-06 $500.00 SHEFFNER, LORYN CAMBRIDGE, MA Bank of America Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-01-28 $500.00 SKEA, MARTIN SAN FRANCISCO, CA Wells Fargo Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-04-16 $500.00 BARTENSTEIN, IRENE LEXINGTON, MA Bank of America Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-02-02 $500.00 SAVAGEAU, JOHN S SHREWSBURY, MA Bank of America Elizabeth Warren (D)

Do the Drill down...It is very hard to find anyone not associated with a Wall Street Bank not bankrolling her

Federal 2013-12-16 $250.00 MATTERA, NICHOLAS JR WASHINGTON, DC Capital One Bank Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-05-31 $2,500.00 YOUNGER, GORDON M RENTON, WA SP Holdings Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-02-09 $2,500.00 GILBERT, MARK BOCA RATON, FL Barclays Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2011-09-30 $2,000.00 CAMPION, HEATHER P BROOKLINE, MA Northeast Bank Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-04-12 $1,000.00 WAYNE, RICHARD WESTON, MA Northeast Bank Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2011-11-26 $1,000.00 ULUATAM, ALDORU ANDOVER, MA Royal Bank of Scotland Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-06-26 $1,000.00 WILCOX, KENNETH PORTOLA VALLEY, CA Silicon Valley Bank Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2011-09-30 $1,000.00 SHEEDY, JOANNE SPRINGFIELD, MA United Bank Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2011-10-06 $1,000.00 BEAN, CLAIRE S WABAN, MA Northeast Bank Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-03-21 $1,000.00 SIDDIQUI, ASMAT SAN FRANCISCO, CA Banking Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-10-10 $1,000.00 DEAN, JOHN WOODSIDE, CA Central Pacific Bank Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-03-13 $1,000.00 SIDDIQUI, ASMAT SAN FRANCISCO, CA Banking Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-03-28 $1,000.00 SMITH, JOSEPH M BROOKLINE, MA Bank of America Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-04-10 $600.00 SLOTE, KAREN NEWTON, MA Wainwright Bank & Trust Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-05-15 $500.00 EISEN, ELIZABETH H NEW YORK, NY JPMorgan Chase & Co Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2011-11-23 $500.00 HAITHCOCK, DAVID COSTA MESA, CA Independent Community Bankers of America Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2011-09-30 $500.00 NICOLAIDES, JOHN PAUL RED BANK, NJ Wells Fargo Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-01-27 $500.00 Huntington Bancshares Huntington Bancshares Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-09-21 $500.00 KAPLAN, PETER PITTSBURGH, PA PNC Financial Services Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-06-19 $500.00 SHAY, BRENT BOSTON, MA Wells Fargo Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-10-28 $500.00 DEAN, JOHN WOODSIDE, CA Central Pacific Bank Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2011-10-17 $500.00 FOLEY, SARAH NEW YORK, NY Citigroup Inc Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-09-29 $500.00 BURTON, RICHARD NEW YORK, NY JPMorgan Chase & Co Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-08-01 $500.00 FARLEY, BRIAN FORT LAUDERDALE, FL Wells Fargo Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-03-06 $500.00 SHEFFNER, LORYN CAMBRIDGE, MA Bank of America Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-01-28 $500.00 SKEA, MARTIN SAN FRANCISCO, CA Wells Fargo Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-04-16 $500.00 BARTENSTEIN, IRENE LEXINGTON, MA Bank of America Elizabeth Warren (D)

Federal 2012-02-02 $500.00 SAVAGEAU, JOHN S SHREWSBURY, MA Bank of America Elizabeth Warren (D)

Well, I hate to be the one who says it, but that looks like peanuts to me.

But I never said she wasn't getting any money from "Wall Street". They are not all irresponsible crooks. Heck, all of my money is invested there.

But I never said she wasn't getting any money from "Wall Street". They are not all irresponsible crooks. Heck, all of my money is invested there.

I dont think they are irresponsible at all. I think they are totally responsible for the Crash of 2008...lol

This is just the tip of the iceberg. All the small parts add up to the bigger picture tho.

I dont think they are irresponsible at all. I think they are totally responsible for the Crash of 2008...lol

This is just the tip of the iceberg. All the small parts add up to the bigger picture tho.

I think the two of you are touching on a very important, very relative issue. The kind of money that is "donated" versus the kind of money that comes with "expectations".

When you accept the "donated" kind of money, are you being tested? Are you more likely to accept the kind of money that comes with "strings attached" in the future? What does it say about politicians, the Clinton Foundation, the FSU Economics Dept., PBS? Can the elite buy, the government, the press, an institution that relies on funding? Is that a normal part of capitalism or, a form of corruption.

I think the two of you are touching on a very important, very relative issue. The kind of money that is "donated" versus the kind of money that comes with "expectations".

When you accept the "donated" kind of money, are you being tested? Are you more likely to accept the kind of money that comes with "strings attached" in the future? What does it say about politicians, the Clinton Foundation, the FSU Economics Dept., PBS? Can the elite buy, the government, the press, an institution that relies on funding? Is that a normal part of capitalism or, a form of corruption.

Also, the real industry support often comes through PAC donations. And in the "Wall Street" crowd, the only one I could find was a $2500 donation from the Financial Planning Association. Hardly the spectrum we are talking here.

Her largest donors seem to be labor unions and folks like Emily's list.

Also, the real industry support often comes through PAC donations. And in the "Wall Street" crowd, the only one I could find was a $2500 donation from the Financial Planning Association. Hardly the spectrum we are talking here.

Her largest donors seem to be labor unions and folks like Emily's list.

Yes, another important point and, possibly the most important, unlimited and untraceable.

Archived