Daily Recruiting News (includes commit times)

ClaytonAU

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have some big time possibilities left. DB, Warrior and Nate Craig is big enough. If Ben Davis can gut it out the day might shine brighter. ;)

I laugh so hard when people really think that we have anything to do with Nate listening to a pitch from UNC. This happens all the time after bad seasons etc. Not an evil mastermind to pull that off

When a large portion of the idiots in a fanbase are publicly calling for a coaches head if he doesn't win at least 9 games and that info is used by opposing coaches in negative recruiting, we can have a small amount of influence in that way. Whether NM, or any other recruit gives it merit is up to the recruit, and some recruiters can be very persuasive. WDE thinks we will sign NM, so that's a good sign.

It doesn't happen after every bad season as some coaches are secure even with a bad season, and the amount of chatter supporting it can give it more weight. Not to mention it's just bad Karma.

Let me make this perfectly clear. What is said on AUF or any other forum has nothing to do w/ the pitches UNC is using in recruiting against AU. It is widely believed in the coaching community what Gus has to do in 2016 to stay & those coaches did not get that opinion at all from reading message boards.

E! What the heck are you doing, costing us recruits!?! If NCM signs with UNC, it is YOUR FAULT!

And, just 'cause I know your sarcasm detector is off ...

:drippingsarcasm7pa: :drippingsarcasm7pa: :drippingsarcasm7pa: :drippingsarcasm7pa: :drippingsarcasm7pa: :drippingsarcasm7pa: :drippingsarcasm7pa:

I laugh so hard when people really think that we have anything to do with Nate listening to a pitch from UNC. This happens all the time after bad seasons etc. Not an evil mastermind to pull that off

When a large portion of the idiots in a fanbase are publicly calling for a coaches head if he doesn't win at least 9 games and that info is used by opposing coaches in negative recruiting, we can have a small amount of influence in that way. Whether NM, or any other recruit gives it merit is up to the recruit, and some recruiters can be very persuasive. WDE thinks we will sign NM, so that's a good sign.

It doesn't happen after every bad season as some coaches are secure even with a bad season, and the amount of chatter supporting it can give it more weight. Not to mention it's just bad Karma.

Let me make this perfectly clear. What is said on AUF or any other forum has nothing to do w/ the pitches UNC is using in recruiting against AU. It is widely believed in the coaching community what Gus has to do in 2016 to stay & those coaches did not get that opinion at all from reading message boards.

E! What the heck are you doing, costing us recruits!?! If NCM signs with UNC, it is YOUR FAULT!

And, just 'cause I know your sarcasm detector is off ...

:drippingsarcasm7pa:/> :drippingsarcasm7pa:/> :drippingsarcasm7pa:/> :drippingsarcasm7pa:/> :drippingsarcasm7pa:/> :drippingsarcasm7pa:/> :drippingsarcasm7pa:/>

Gus is fine for the next several seasons. I predict Gus will still be here after the 2016 class has played their last game for Auburn. This is as certain as their will be snow on the ground somewhere in Canada tomorrow.

I didn't mean to imply the coaches got their info from boards. I said they use the info, which is being broadcast on boards, and the more chatter their is in the public eye the more weight it might be given. I emphasized any effect it might have would be very small.

You, nor anyone else can say with any certainty at all that what is said here will never

have any effect on a recruit whatsoever. Wasn't there a big recruit a year or two ago that made comments indicating he was reading message boards?

I never said nor implied stuff on message boards can't influence a recruit. The chances of that happening though are very, very, slim...And reading message boards does not mean a recruit will be influenced by them in any way.

What I was saying before is the UNC pitch on NCM will not be influenced by what is said on here or any message boards because coaches everywhere are connected in some ways to many many schools because of the professional relationships many of them have w/ each other or w/ people in ADs All over. They already know what's going on w/ most schools they compete w/, probably much more so than 99.9% of us w/ AU. What is believed Gus may need to do in 2016 was already prevalent in the coaching community long before it was discussed on any AU message board. That's all I was trying to say & guess I worded it badly the first time. I hope it's clearer now.

Can someone post a full schedule for announcements tomorrow?

It's already in the OP. Look a few days down. I will post them again for the 2/2/16 update later tonight though.

It's already in the OP. Look a few days down. I will post them again for the 2/2/16 update later tonight though.

Could you just go ahead and tell us who all is going to sign with us tomorrow, that way we don't even have to know the announcement times

Could you just go ahead and tell us who all is going to sign with us tomorrow, that way we don't even have to know the announcement times

Just did a full update w/ times, notes & picks.

I didn't mean to imply the coaches got their info from boards. I said they use the info, which is being broadcast on boards, and the more chatter their is in the public eye the more weight it might be given. I emphasized any effect it might have would be very small.

You, nor anyone else can say with any certainty at all that what is said here will never

have any effect on a recruit whatsoever. Wasn't there a big recruit a year or two ago that made comments indicating he was reading message boards?

I never said nor implied stuff on message boards can't influence a recruit. The chances of that happening though are very, very, slim...And reading message boards does not mean a recruit will be influenced by them in any way.

What I was saying before is the UNC pitch on NCM will not be influenced by what is said on here or any message boards because coaches everywhere are connected in some ways to many many schools because of the professional relationships many of them have w/ each other or w/ people in ADs All over. They already know what's going on w/ most schools they compete w/, probably much more so than 99.9% of us w/ AU. What is believed Gus may need to do in 2016 was already prevalent in the coaching community long before it was discussed on any AU message board. That's all I was trying to say & guess I worded it badly the first time. I hope it's clearer now.

I gotcha. I probably read too much into your response.

I gotcha. I probably read too much into your response.

Yeah cuz I screwed up the wording. My apologies.

It's all good. No offense taken. Just keep doing what you do so well here. :)

Jonesy doing some work w/ his sources. http://www.secrant.com/rant/display.aspx?sp=61721484&s=2&p=61707415#61721484

Daniel Thomas could get a call tomorrow morning...
Warrior was raised by mom. Limited contact by Dad. Mom went to Tuskegee, likes Auburn area for son. Still going to be tough. Sammons looks good for AU right now...
http://www.secrant.com/rant/display.aspx?sp=61721354&s=2&p=51640722#61721354

Will there be a web cam in the recruiting office like last year?

AU has a NSD show. It's in the ESPN NSD info thread.

Damn, the turds got (2) great LB's that will sit the bench for 3 years. Could have played here. bummer

You overestimate them. Everybody said the same thing about Reuben Foster and Rashaan Evans and they both played early and often. If Ben Davis and Mack Wilson are good, then they will also.

Alabama is easily the most talented team in college football, but they are not a freaking NFL team. Don't do their boasting for them.

Damn, the turds got (2) great LB's that will sit the bench for 3 years. Could have played here. bummer

And they will develop and learn and then be millionaires very soon. We've got to start developing and putting LB'ers in the league so that our best feature isn't early playing time.

Wow, what a recruiting move!

UM Coach Harbaugh and his Wolverines will conduct spring training practice in the state of Florida during spring break.. luv that "outside the box", (recruiting) thinking!

Wow, what a recruiting move!

UM Coach Harbaugh and his Wolverines will conduct spring training practice in the state of Florida during spring break.. luv that "outside the box", (recruiting) thinking!

I foresee the NCAA creating a "Harbaugh" rule to stop this in the future. Or, are we going to see a move toward NFL type training camps for colleges?

Archived