Daily Recruiting News (includes commit times)

ClaytonAU

Wasn't Prince Simmons going to announce today? Any updates on his schedule?

Appears to be NSD now...If he is ready to decide by then.

NSD at 1:30 CT

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't Prince Simmons going to announce today? Any updates on his schedule?

Appears to be NSD now...If he is ready to decide by then.

NSD at 1:30 CT

This makes sense now. I was a bit confused in that I thought that either this young man, or the receiver (NCM)was going to do this today at 1:00 pm.

Multiple CBs to Sparty today for Prince Sammons.

Yup. If we miss on him & Price at OT it will be a massive swing & miss for the staff knowing going into the year we had to have at least 1. If we miss on Price the Grad Transfer Tony Catalina becomes vital.

Thanks Ellitot.

That would be my son.

I guess your daughter is called Ellitess!

No harm intended Sir Ellitor! You are one of the most knowledgeable folks on this site. Keep all of the information coming in that I know it will be true and entertaining!

One other thing, my Annabelle chased a possum for about 15 feet and stopped on a dime. The possum managed to turn around and hiss at Belle. Belle came to an abrupt halt, barked and growled for about 10 seconds and turned around and headed up the driveway to the door.

WDE & WDC

Multiple CBs to Sparty today for Prince Sammons.

No harm intended Sir Ellitor! You are one of the most knowledgeable folks on this site. Keep all of the information coming in that I know it will be true and entertaining!

One other thing, my Annabelle chased a possum for about 15 feet and stopped on a dime. The possum managed to turn around and hiss at Belle. Belle came to an abrupt halt, barked and growled for about 10 seconds and turned around and headed up the driveway to the door.

WDE & WDC

does this have any deeper interpretive meaning like Ben Davis is signing with Auburn? :)

WDE & WDC

does this have any deeper interpretive meaning like Ben Davis is signing with Auburn? :)/>

Indeed young grasshopper!

That's one thing that pisses me off about people spouting off about firing Gus. It can be used in negative recruiting. I think a winning season and he stays. Possibly even a barely losing season.

That's one thing that pisses me off about people spouting off about firing Gus. It can be used in negative recruiting. I think a winning season and he stays. Possibly even a barely losing season.

I was not saying it will or won't happen in this post. Just saying what UNC is selling.

I was not saying it will or won't happen in this post. Just saying what UNC is selling.

I know. I was referring to those who go on and on about it and keep bringing it up like it's a fact. Just let things lie and see what happens imo.

Waiting for the annual austudent and Jonesy posts right before signing day... Probably won't get any austudent, but Jonesy where ya at?

I laugh so hard when people really think that we have anything to do with Nate listening to a pitch from UNC. This happens all the time after bad seasons etc. Not an evil mastermind to pull that off

When a large portion of the idiots in a fanbase are publicly calling for a coaches head if he doesn't win at least 9 games and that info is used by opposing coaches in negative recruiting, we can have a small amount of influence in that way. Whether NM, or any other recruit gives it merit is up to the recruit, and some recruiters can be very persuasive. WDE thinks we will sign NM, so that's a good sign.

It doesn't happen after every bad season as some coaches are secure even with a bad season, and the amount of chatter supporting it can give it more weight. Not to mention it's just bad Karma.

Waiting for the annual austudent and Jonesy posts right before signing day... Probably won't get any austudent, but Jonesy where ya at?

SECRant.

I laugh so hard when people really think that we have anything to do with Nate listening to a pitch from UNC. This happens all the time after bad seasons etc. Not an evil mastermind to pull that off

When a large portion of the idiots in a fanbase are publicly calling for a coaches head if he doesn't win at least 9 games and that info is used by opposing coaches in negative recruiting, we can have a small amount of influence in that way. Whether NM, or any other recruit gives it merit is up to the recruit, and some recruiters can be very persuasive. WDE thinks we will sign NM, so that's a good sign.

It doesn't happen after every bad season as some coaches are secure even with a bad season, and the amount of chatter supporting it can give it more weight. Not to mention it's just bad Karma.

Let me make this perfectly clear. What is said on AUF or any other forum has nothing to do w/ the pitches UNC is using in recruiting against AU. It is widely believed in the coaching community what Gus has to do in 2016 to stay & those coaches did not get that opinion at all from reading message boards.

Let me make this perfectly clear. What is said on AUF or any other forum has nothing to do w/ the pitches UNC is using in recruiting against AU. It is widely believed in the coaching community what Gus has to do in 2016 to stay & those coaches did not get that opinion at all from reading message boards.

I didn't mean to imply the coaches got their info from boards. I said they use the info, which is being broadcast on boards, and the more chatter their is in the public eye the more weight it might be given. I emphasized any effect it might have would be very small.

You, nor anyone else can say with any certainty at all that what is said here will never

have any effect on a recruit whatsoever. Wasn't there a big recruit a year or two ago that made comments indicating he was reading message boards?

The truth is that we don't have much (if any) control over what other schools that are competing against us for recruits use to sway away from Auburn. However, attitudes are contagious, and there are such things as grass-roots movements. If enough run-of-the-mill Auburn fans start voicing displeasure over how things are going with the football program, the word will get out there that Auburn fans are not happy and it will eventually morph into 'Gus is on the hot seat'.

Do you really want a recruit who factors message board posts into his decision about where to play football for the next 3 to 5 years? (And I'm not talking about getting some breaking news/inside info from the board - just getting the gist of the posters moods; moaning, crying, complaining, whatever).

WDE & WDC

does this have any deeper interpretive meaning like Ben Davis is signing with Auburn? :)/>

I am in Tibet visiting a monastery where a certain monk is the world's master prediction artist. He has a 86% accuracy rate. No one except for the Good Lord, can get it right every time. Ben is an extremely nervous person at the moment. His heart says yes to Auburn and his father is fine with this if this is what his son wants. Both parents and Ben are fine with him choosing Auburn. However, the ever present threat of the REC-TAL looms darkly in the corners of his home.

I say this for Ben, if you have prayed sincerely to find God's will for the college you think you can get the best education, then follow God's will. If it is God's will for Ben to sign with Auburn, then I say to him when he makes his announcement, make sure that the press and everyone listening, is told the whole world that it is God's will for his life to do so.

If he does this, the REC-TAL will slink back into the dark corners and leave him and his family alone. If the REC-TAL tries to mess with his family, the curtains will fall down and the NCAA will set up home in Turdscaloosa and will lay some serious sanctions on the turds that will have them reeling for several years.

Archived