Daily Recruiting News (includes commit times)

ClaytonAU

Theoretically, all of these coaches moving around the SEC should neutralize things but starting to look like AU is going to be the biggest loser when the letters are signed.

JMO but Thompson has been recruiting on behalf of AU for a couple years and when left, I would have thought his "connection" with the HS juniors and seniors would have been tight enough to influence them toward USCe.....not sure that's happening but maybe his leaving has cut the ties some of the guys had to AU. I'm wondering if with the changes taking place, the doors have been opened to some of the schools with more stability on their coaching staffs to go after guys who saw their coaching contact leave from where they were leaning.

Losers to who? Wow top 10 not good enough I lost for words even if we fall to 12 or 13. Just wow

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theoretically, all of these coaches moving around the SEC should neutralize things but starting to look like AU is going to be the biggest loser when the letters are signed.

JMO but Thompson has been recruiting on behalf of AU for a couple years and when left, I would have thought his "connection" with the HS juniors and seniors would have been tight enough to influence them toward USCe.....not sure that's happening but maybe his leaving has cut the ties some of the guys had to AU. I'm wondering if with the changes taking place, the doors have been opened to some of the schools with more stability on their coaching staffs to go after guys who saw their coaching contact leave from where they were leaning.

What's your deal man? You've been so negative lately. We're going to finish a top 10 class with a complete turnover on defensive staff?

Guess I don't see it at this point ...but that would be very nice....we will know the full story in a couple weeks. Mostly worried about getting guys where the need is greatest and not just counting stars and Rivals ratings.

I look back at good classes the past few years and see how many guys are no longer here....just check the class of 2014. Maybe every school loses as many as AU has the last few year....and maybe we are better off than I realize. :dunno:

So are you hopping certain recruits read what you have to say on this board and go else where? We will be in the Top Ten and fine everywhere except possibly LB.

Relax folks.... We will be fine, and will land a very good OL or 2. This will be a very nice class and should be a top 10 class. We have recruited well over the past 4-5 years, and this will yield some excellent Auburn teams in the near future. Teams such as Ole Miss, will hit a top 10 class every 4-5 years, and the other years will be top 25 teams.

With this being said, Auburn has had top 12 classes year end and out for quite a few years, and this will equate to a succession of 9 or more win seasons down the road.

Ole Miss is signing top 10 classes most every year now. They are going to continue to ris3 and be a contender in the west every year. The idea thay it's unacceptable to ever lose to them is outdated thinking. This is a different program since Freeze got there.

Relax folks.... We will be fine, and will land a very good OL or 2. This will be a very nice class and should be a top 10 class. We have recruited well over the past 4-5 years, and this will yield some excellent Auburn teams in the near future. Teams such as Ole Miss, will hit a top 10 class every 4-5 years, and the other years will be top 25 teams.

With this being said, Auburn has had top 12 classes year end and out for quite a few years, and this will equate to a succession of 9 or more win seasons down the road.

Ole Miss is signing top 10 classes most every year now. They are going to continue to ris3 and be a contender in the west every year. The idea thay it's unacceptable to ever lose to them is outdated thinking. This is a different program since Freeze got there.

Ole Miss was not a top 10 class last year. I think they came in around 17 or there about. They will not have a top 10 class every year. Schools like Ole Miss, Miss State, Arkansas, USCe will every so often have a top 15 class. Auburn, UGA, UF, UT, turd school, LSU are the big players that tend to have a top 12 or better class each year. These schools will remain in this group.

We all know that Freeze is a very good recruiter. what we saw this year was the best you will see from OM. We should have beaten them this year and I feel confident we will take it to them in 2016. The are losing most of the big players from the top 10 class they had 3-4 years ago. You will likely see a 8-4, 7-5 season for 2016.

McClain is the most interesting recruit for me. He seems to have a great football IQ. He catches most passes with his hands and also shows good instincts on defense. I think he could be one of those Karlos Dansby types that finds his position different from where it starts, but could also be a Karsten Bailey caliber receiver.

Ole Miss was not a top 10 class last year. I think they came in around 17 or there about. They will not have a top 10 class every year. Schools like Ole Miss, Miss State, Arkansas, USCe will every so often have a top 15 class. Auburn, UGA, UF, UT, turd school, LSU are the big players that tend to have a top 12 or better class each year. These schools will remain in this group.

CoolT is right. As long as Freeze is there the Rebs ain't going anywhere. This year will be their 2nd top 10 class in 4 years under Freeze, & this 1 is looking to be top 5. All 4 classeshave been in the top 17
We all know that Freeze is a very good recruiter. what we saw this year was the best you will see from OM. We should have beaten them this year and I feel confident we will take it to them in 2016. The are losing most of the big players from the top 10 class they had 3-4 years ago. You will likely see a 8-4, 7-5 season for 2016.
Yes it's possible for them to fall back to that but when you land guys like the #1 QB & #1 OT like they just did you have a good chance to lessen any potential dips.

On a related note, I'm tired of reading about where Ole Miss is/isn't or where they should/shouldn't be in the college football landscape in AU recruiting threads. It's been a constant hijack the past few weeks. Can that please be discussed in a rivals forum section in the future? TIA

I'm really starting to get nervous with this class. Players are dropping off our board everyday and no names are being added back to the list. We still have over a week until signing day and it looks like we aren't going to have any backup plans to fall back to in case we miss on our big targets.

I feel good after NCM, Jayvaughn, and SDJr. But other than those 3, everything is up in the air. If we miss on Derrick Brown and Marshall flips, then this leaves us with one true DT in this class. IMO that would be a HUGE miss. What happened to Stephon Taylor? What happened to Karomo Diobate? What happened to Tyler Clark taking multiple visits to us before signing day?

When it comes to guys like Jordan Griffin, you have to take a quality player like that if you miss on a player you need. I don't care if we take 5 WR's in this cycle if we can get a NCM and Ahmonn Richards. That just means that we won't have to focus on WR next year.

I'm also disappointed that Kevin Steele has not opened the door for us with recruits that he was pursuing at LSU. What happened to guys like Shyheim Carter, Nigel Knott, Deontay Anderson, and other names that were thrown out there a couple of weeks. We haven't been able to even get these guys to visit, nonetheless have a shot to land them. It's like night and day from last year when Muschamp helped us land 6-8 guys on signing day.

If we land all the guys that are left on our board, then GREAT! But if not, then what?

I'm really starting to get nervous with this class. Players are dropping off our board everyday and no names are being added back to the list. We still have over a week until signing day and it looks like we aren't going to have any backup plans to fall back to in case we miss on our big targets.

There is no point to sign people just to sign them. They become wasted bodies, schollies, & inmitial counters. It's better to use what's left on GTs o EEs from the 2017 class.
What happened to Stephon Taylor? What happened to Karomo Diobate? What happened to Tyler Clark taking multiple visits to us before signing day?

Taylor & Dubate have been off the board for a while. Clark appears locked in w/ UGA.

Also w/ Monty coming back along w/ Ruuseel & Lawrence coming along as they did the need @ DT is not as great as it was earlier in the recruiting cycle.

I'm also disappointed that Kevin Steele has not opened the door for us with recruits that he was pursuing at LSU. What happened to guys like Shyheim Carter, Nigel Knott, Deontay Anderson, and other names that were thrown out there a couple of weeks.
I don't even know if Steele was even in on those guys before he left LSU. Anderson has not been a real target for more than the past 2 weeks. Also even if Steele did want to bring lids over from Louisiana you do realize how tough that is when LSU wants them right?
If we land all the guys that are left on our board, then GREAT! But if not, then what?
Room for GTs and more in 2017 class which appears to be a much better class overall.

EJ almost visited AU a 2nd straight weekend so we must have made a very good impression. He will take his UGA OV though. This one may be very tight.

Daniel Thomas will be visiting this weekend. He is a three star safety out of Lee Mongomery but he sounds like a vinnie sunseri clone.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/01/auburn_adds_surprise_visitor_to_weekend_recruiting.html

Daniel Thomas will be visiting this weekend. He is a three star safety out of Lee Mongomery but he sounds like a vinnie sunseri clone.

http://www.al.com/au...recruiting.html

My best guess is Could be an in case sitch if Character flips or SDj doesn't qualify.

E, do you know anything about a Grad transfer OT that Auburn may be looking at?

Nothing more than anyone else doing a google search. His name is Tyler Catalina. He played @ Rhode Island. Has 1 to play 1. We offered today. He is OVing UF this weekend & other major schools are interested.

Nothing more than anyone else doing a google search. His name is Tyler Catalina. He played @ Rhode Island. Has 1 to play 1. We offered today. He is OVing UF this weekend & other major schools are interested.

Anybody that likes the movie stepbrothers is going to like this post.

CoolT is right. As long as Freeze is there the Rebs ain't going anywhere. This year will be their 2nd top 10 class in 4 years under Freeze, & this 1 is looking to be top 5. All 4 classeshave been in the top 17
Yes it's possible for them to fall back to that but when you land guys like the #1 QB & #1 OT like they just did you have a good chance to lessen any potential dips.

On a related note, I'm tired of reading about where Ole Miss is/isn't or where they should/shouldn't be in the college football landscape in AU recruiting threads. It's been a constant hijack the past few weeks. Can that please be discussed in a rivals forum section in the future? TIA

No problem in that you are the #1 source for the best information out there. I will leave it with a big I HATE OLE MISS!!! Keep the good news coming my friend, and no more OLE MISS bashing from the doc.

No problem in that you are the #1 source for the best information out there.

Not hardly but I appreciate the compliment.

With the key to top level O-Line play being chemistry, what's the value of bringing in a 1 to play 1 guy?

With the key to top level O-Line play being chemistry, what's the value of bringing in a 1 to play 1 guy?

I would not call it the key but more of a factor, especially at LT where he is often on an island pass blocking often the other team's best pass rusher on passing downs.

Archived