Need help now

waregl87

Well, I just got some bad news. I bought 2 BCS national championship tickets on eBay the night of the SEC champ. game. They were through some sort of ticket brokers. Well, I received an e-mail tonight that our ordered had been cancelled and our money had been fully refunded because selling them on eBay was a secondary violation. Don't ask, but I'm pissed. Now I'm asking ya'll who may be selling some tickets or know of anybody who will be selling tickets, please let me know. I'm looking for a pair at a reasonable price. If you know of anybody who is selling or if you can't go and look to sell some, PLEASE let me know ASAP. Thanks. War Eagle.

Heard of that happening a lot lately...the prices early on were high, but the prices now are astronomical.  The brokers have decided to take the bad feedback, refund the early sales, and now sell for double the early prices.  Sucks...

Heard of that happening a lot lately...the prices early on were high, but the prices now are astronomical.  The brokers have decided to take the bad feedback, refund the early sales, and now sell for double the early prices.  Sucks...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This! Brokers are making big money on this game....

I hate brokers. If I ever meet any I've got a good nut shot for them. Every time I find two tickets a broker has already called the person and offered them more than they were selling them for. That's why I don't have any. I swear I'm going to go ape s*** on a couple of them when I get to glendale. I promise I'm going to do it.

I am rolling the dice and am going to try and buy them at the gate, might be your only chance to get some at a reasonable price

Scalping is illegal in AZ.  There won't be any "legal" tickets for sale by brokers or licensed sellers outside the stadium.  I'm not saying there won't be any for sale but you will be taking a big chance.  You better make absolutely sure that the tickets are legit. 

I am rolling the dice and am going to try and buy them at the gate, might be your only chance to get some at a reasonable price

Scalping is illegal in AZ.  There won't be any "legal" tickets for sale by brokers or licensed sellers outside the stadium.  I'm not saying there won't be any for sale but you will be taking a big chance.  You better make absolutely sure that the tickets are legit.   

This is not all true. I've already looked into it because I don't have a ticket yet. Yes scalping is illegal in AZ, but at the stadium they have a fenced in area where scalpers can sale tickets. They will probably be about $2000 a piece at the game. If anyone has watched craigslist in phoenix like I have you will see that scalpers are paying up to 1500 per ticket now, and have been doing this for the last couple of weeks. They will be the only ones with tickets for sale in Phoenix. The prices are not going down. Sorry, but it is the truth.

This is not all true. I've already looked into it because I don't have a ticket yet. Yes scalping is illegal in AZ, but at the stadium they have a fenced in area where scalpers can sale tickets. They will probably be about $2000 a piece at the game. If anyone has watched craigslist in phoenix like I have you will see that scalpers are paying up to 1500 per ticket now, and have been doing this for the last couple of weeks. They will be the only ones with tickets for sale in Phoenix. The prices are not going down. Sorry, but it is the truth.

Yeah, the prices are outrageous now, but I have to think that if you wait until after kickoff, the prices will drop dramatically. It may not be the way you wanna do it with missing kickoff and perhaps the first 5 or 10 min. of the game, but these scalpers will start to panick once the game has started and they still have tickets in their hands. I can't imagine a whole lot of people paying $2,000 and more for tickets from scalpers. I have to believe they will start lowering the asking price immensely once the game has actually started in order to not walk away at the end of the night empty handed. JMO.

I've been really worried about this as well. I haven't been notified yet, but am worried. May I ask which broker you bought from?

The eBay seller was "sold.out.showz." There are a lot of people who ordered through this seller that are pissed off right now I would imagine. It just sucks that the ONE time we're in the national title game and I order the tickets more than a month in advance to get a fairly good price on them, the whole thing falls through. That's really frustrating, but I've also gotta have some perspective. It's not the end of the world by any means.

Thanks for the response.

I bought mine though a different username on eBay and then a separate party were the ones that contacted me about the information. They said they didn't have the tickets yet (but gave me a specific section and row?) and didn't know if the tickets would be mailed out or Will Call in Phoenix, but would contact me to let me know. The user has a perfect eBay rating, but still worried because I know that purchasing them back on the 4th is now at about 65% of the current rate.

I can definitely understand your frustration. I don't know how I'll respond if I end up getting screwed. I might just drive to their office and go postal. I hope not, but I duno what to expect. It sucks when you have everything else planned. I'd hate to go, and only be able to afford 1 ticket and leave the wife behind upset, or worse miss the game entirely.

I got screwed by the Penn State ticket man or as i like to refer to him now as the penn state douche. He got me good. Now I've got everything but tickets and am extremely pissed.

I'm in the same boat as aucivileng! My poor dad bought my mom a ticket from Penn State guy for Christmas and I bought one to go with her and we get an e-mail from him today saying we don't have tickets any more!! Now we're scrambling trying to find something but the tickets are absolutely outrageous! My mom has no idea anything has happened because we don't want to spoil it for her but we are rushing trying to find any tickets we can to the game but they are ridiculous! All we need are two tickets anywhere! HELP!!

We had the same scenario as CammyCamJuice,  bought on ebay a few days after the SEC Champ. (glad we did), we were contacted by email on the 17th with same info that tickets would be shipped after 1st of year or picked up at in Phoenix.  Got another email today saying that tickets could be shipped today but were in a different section but better seats.  What we bid on was Sec 123 (closer to the AU side), what he was offering to ship was Sec 113, tech. they are better seats.  After several emails back and forth which I first told him we would just wait on the seats we had bid on, he pointed out the fine print (advanced sale tickets) (dummy for not reading the fine print).  Anyway I asked the broker to call me and he did, he gave the same story as above about other brokers backing out and giving refunds, he said that his company is losing thier shirt, but that they are honoring what they sold.  I told him to go ahead and ship the Sec 113 tickets and shortly got my shipping confirmation and tracking number.  I feel better but wont feel totally safe until we have them in hand.

Same thing happened to me yesterday.  I bought two prior to the SEC Championship and got the same email.

It's just a scalper selling short.  If I find any good deals I will let you know.

We got ours off of ebay from BigRedTickets.  The guy I talked to today said not to worry about the section we are sitting in because AU had about 70% of the tickets.  Probably just telling me what I wanted to hear, but I heard the same thing from another broker before we bought our tickets.

All bowl and NC tickets should be split 50/50 among the competing schools. Then they should be sold to students 1st, graduates of the schools involved 2nd. Whatever is left, then can be sold to the general public at face value. Take brokers out of the loop once and for all!

WDE,

Doc

we know why its happening, but it sucks. It's just not fair. There should be a law that allows a consumer to sue for damages (essentially cover the price of the going ticket).

I agree CammyCam. The guy that got me was the penn state ticketman. I didn't buy them on ebay but I did find him through ebay. The user id that had a link to him on ebay was rick6292. He had a link to the penn state ticketman in his listing. He now has a bad rating. Looks like he screwed a lot of people.

Archived