Isaiah Crowell Update

AUSportTalk

I believe king is done isn't he, ineligible maybe? he certainly never lived up to his billing for whatever reason. Ealey has looked good...at times.  While IC might share carries at UAt, he would carry most of them at UGA. Without Murray's arm this year, they were dead.  I am not trying to bash who they have, only think IC would get more carries at UGA than UAt. I hope neither happens and he gets them for us!

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When was the last time UGA really did anything???

AU is on the rise... the way this staff coaches and recruits = next 4 out of 5 years are going to be stronger than at UGA...

Choice: play @ a perennial also-ran, under-achiever in UGA, or compete for championships @ AU...

The offense will change a little bit without Cam.  I doubt we have as many designed QB runs, and I doubt all of them become "hand to a tailback" run.  I see a lot more pitch and short passes to fill that gap.

We will see a good bit of Wildcat as well. Malzahn said we ran the Wildcat alot this year, but no one noticed because they just used Cam for Wildcat QB. Many of those designed QB runs will likely go to Trovon

The offense will change a little bit without Cam.  I doubt we have as many designed QB runs, and I doubt all of them become "hand to a tailback" run.  I see a lot more pitch and short passes to fill that gap.

We will see a good bit of Wildcat as well. Malzahn said we ran the Wildcat alot this year, but no one noticed because they just used Cam for Wildcat QB. Many of those designed QB runs will likely go to Trovon

Well, I hate to turn this toward a football issue rather than a recruiting issue. But the good thing about having Cam (other than his being a beast) was that he could run or pass. CGM will have to be a bit trickier if we have a designated Wildcat guy ....

All the more reason we need Crowell!

Trovon was a high school QB so im sure we will see some Wild Cat trickeration this season. Trovon is a freak of an athlete. Gus is gonna have a field day with the speed that Trovon, Bray, Omac, and possibly Tre have. No question we will have the speed and Mike, Brent, and possibly IC would be the bulldozers. We're either gonna hit you with the bulldozers or fly by you with the f-16's. Then we'll burn you with a little play action. Good Lord i'm excited about the future of this offense! 

I just read this on the Dawg Post:

And in a welcome turn of events, word from BamaOnline admin, Shane Youngblood, is that Crowell is no longer considering Alabama and that his recruitment is down to Auburn and Georgia. This could be due to ‘Bama picking up a commitment from Dee Hart, who recently decommitted from Michigan to join the Tide. Or it could be that Crowell likes the idea of playing with his buddy at Georgia. Either way, good news for the Dawgs. Now we just have to hope that Auburn’s deep pockets won’t affect Crowell’s recruitment.

Speaking of which, Cam Newton is all over the news today with word that he’s going pro. Man, he ain’t going pro, he’s staying pro. He’ll just have to pay taxes on his football income now. Yeah, I said it.

And in a welcome turn of events, word from BamaOnline admin, Shane Youngblood, is that Crowell is no longer considering Alabama and that his recruitment is down to Auburn and Georgia. This could be due to ‘Bama picking up a commitment from Dee Hart, who recently decommitted from Michigan to join the Tide. Or it could be that Crowell likes the idea of playing with his buddy at Georgia. Either way, good news for the Dawgs. Now we just have to hope that Auburn’s deep pockets won’t affect Crowell’s recruitment.

Speaking of which, Cam Newton is all over the news today with word that he’s going pro. Man, he ain’t going pro, he’s staying pro. He’ll just have to pay taxes on his football income now. Yeah, I said it.

Doesn't make sense since he is on an official there this weekend.

Now we just have to hope that Auburn’s deep pockets won’t affect Crowell’s recruitment.

Disliking UGA is becoming a hell of a lot easier. 

This recruiting is a crazy game. It seems like just yesterday this kid came to AU with the turd hat on. Now we have at worst a 50/50 shot at landing him.

Ok, so now I am confused, was it Crowell or Calloway that wore the Black Alabama hat on his visit to us?

Ok, so now I am confused, was it Crowell or Calloway that wore the Black Alabama hat on his visit to us?

Crowell. This thread is not about Calloway.

Thanks.  I know this is a Crowell thread, it is just  I had been thinking/ remembering that Calloway was the one who wore the hat, I feel better about him now that it was not him that did that.

Thanks.  I know this is a Crowell thread, it is just  I had been thinking/ remembering that Calloway was the one who wore the hat, I feel better about him now that it was not him that did that.

Calloway has never taken an OV to auburn, only a few UVs

bammers are saying he is there with his momma

don't leave us hanging dude  :dunno:

this whole thread is on IC so my assumption is that's who he is talking about.

Yeah, me too magnum.  I assume he means IC is in Turdville with his mom. But since there have been discussions above concerning BC as well, I was unsure.  I still don't know where "there" is either.  Is "there" Turdville or is "there" the loveliest village on the plain?

Apparently, word from Shane Youngblood from BamaOnline is that Crowell will NOT be going to Bama.  Things keep looking better for the good guys.

Is there a link for that?  I can't find anything about it.

I am on my phone so I can't post the link but it is on the first page of the sec rant on tigerdroppings. Most likely legit

Archived