A realistic look at UA @ ARK

Draven

Bama wins if the piggies come into the game overconfident, thinking the Tide will be a pushover due to Brodie being out of action.

Nutt is a hell of a gameday coach and I don't see him allowing the hogs to take Bama for granted. That being said, I'm still going with Arky pulling out a close one (24-21).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bama wins if the piggies come into the game overconfident, thinking the Tide will be a pushover due to Brodie being out of action.

Nutt is a hell of a gameday coach and I don't see him allowing the hogs to take Bama for granted. That being said, I'm still going with Arky pulling out a close one (24-21).

Yeah, Nutt did a GREAT job in 02 when Bama came to visit. :roll:

Bama Fans,

Is there a Bama board that doesn't cost anything to join, and will let you talk smack without getting banned immediately ? I'm not talking about the good-natured stuff we get into around here.

Bama Fans,

Is there a Bama board that doesn't cost anything to join, and will let you talk smack without getting banned immediately ? I'm not talking about the good-natured stuff we get into around here.

Lurk, are you ready to give them directions on how to get there from HERE?

:lol:;)

That 10-3 team you had back in 2002 was a lot different than what you are fielding today. ;)

Bama Fans,

He's trying to help the Arkansas fans out. They keep getting banned by super-sensitive Bama mods. Seems like some are afraid to talk to the opposition. :poke:

Listen, Ark probably has the toughest home streak in the SEC. They just do not lose often in Fville.

If this was in t-Town, :ua: wins straight up. I just think the F-ville mojo wins out on the road with a new qb.

That 10-3 team you had back in 2002 was a lot different than what you are fielding today. ;)

I won't dissagree with you there. I think Bama will have a decent year this year, and 05 & 06 will be much better. We will see, anything can happen, that's why the games are played on the field.

Listen, Ark probably has the toughest home streak in the SEC. They just do not lose often in Fville.

If this was in t-Town, :ua: wins straight up. I just think the F-ville mojo wins out on the road with a new qb.

David would say that Alabama's ability to traditionally do well against Arkansas would even out the homefield advantage? (This isnt a bait or anything...I really don't have an opinion on this either way)

I agree with you though...thats a tough place to play. Luckily for us, its not a night game.

Interestingly enough, UAT is a five point fav. last I checked.  I think Bama wins this one--although I think that UAT will not score many points.

SPUAT 17  UArk 14

(Arkansas will miss 3 extra points ;) )

Actually, it is the other way around......

http://www.vegasinsider.com/u/odds/15minute/NCAAF_lines.cfm

ARKY by 5 pts.... and 49 O/U

You're right stoic-one...nice catch. I must have neeb dislexic no taht eno.

So UAT wins and someone in Vegas gets rich.

Half win, half lose, and the bookies and Vegas get the "juice" ....

:au:

I agree with you on most of that quietfan. As much as I would love to see them have a terrible year, I just can't say that it's going to happen with any sort of confidence. They haven't played anyone yet, and we will for sure see what both teams are made of this Saturday. That's one thing I absolutly hate about Bama, you can't ever count them out.

Arkansas is still solid. If Bama can jump out to an early lead, I look for it to stay close, and it could swing either way. If Arkansas jumps out to an early lead, the Bama players may start having flashbacks to last year and collapse. I think the first quarter will be critical to Bama's season, not just the game. Its hard to win at Fayettville, no matter who you are. That place is just awesome (minus the soo-piggies..).

David would say that Alabama's ability to traditionally do well against Arkansas would even out the homefield advantage? (This isnt a bait or anything...I really don't have an opinion on this either way)

I agree with you though...thats a tough place to play. Luckily for us, its not a night game.

:ua: does play better on the road.

:arky: is a horror to play at.

Brodie out. Guillon's first start.

:arky: has almost no returning starters.

Really, who wins? Who knows.

I do know that both of these teams are in need of wins and this is a place to reasonably get one.

:ua: gets a lead it will likely go :ua: Stat, how good bad is :arky: run D? That may be the real test. Bama will try and emphasize run to take the load off Guillon.

One thing I do know for sure. Another SEC West team will have a loss. THAT only HELPS OUR team. :au::D

One thing I do know for sure. Another SEC West team will have a loss. THAT only HELPS OUR team. :au::D

Yeah, thats the important thing for :au: , and while we are at it who would just about fall over in shock if LSWHO gets beat by a MSU team that lost to Maine. ( I am not saying it will happen, but would that not just shock the pants off most of the SEC if not the nation.)

Bama Fans,

He's trying to help the Arkansas fans out. They keep getting banned by super-sensitive Bama mods. Seems like some are afraid to talk to the opposition. :poke:

Wes is correct. I am just trying to facilitate a little interaction between our Western brothers.

WT, I love watching you and the troops give the business to the punks that come over here and try to start crap. I also enjoy the back and forth with the decent posters from the other schools.

But the guys from this Arkansas board are on a different level. If I can put them on another school’s fans, it would kind of be like setting my bullmastiff on a door-to-door salesman. :unsure:

and while we are at it who would just about fall over in shock if LSWHO gets beat by a MSU team that lost to Maine.

Have you seen some weather forecasts I don't know about--Should I be reserving my snow skiing accommodations in Hell?

This is what I meant by "multiple lesser injuries" taking their toll on Bama's depth:

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/mobilere...93123610451.xml

Cornerback bangs knee

Thursday, September 23, 2004

TUSCALOOSA -- Simeon Castille hurt his right knee late in Alabama's Wednesday practice and limped off the field with ice wrapped around the knee.

Alabama coach Mike Shula was told the freshman cornerback bumped knees with another player.  "I think he's going to be OK," Shula said. "He just banged his knee."

Running back Ray Hudson went through contact drills and deemed himself fine for Saturday's game at Arkansas after being knocked out last Saturday.

Receiver Keith Brown's condition, patella tendi nitis, is slowly getting better.  "(Brown) practiced more than what we thought today," Shula said. "We'll see. Hopefully, he'll come out and feel better tomorrow."

None too serious, and none really out of norm from what happens on any team. But over the course of a season, little things--the bumps and bangs, the fatigue, the loss of practice time, or missing a game here or there-- begin to build up and that's when depth shortage begins to become a problem. It's the gradual attrition that I think may catch up to Bama. A single season-ending injury like Brodie's is more of a fluke.

What happened last year is that we had a lot of FLUKES.

Brodie played at 50% because of 3 cracked ribs and a sep shoulder.

Our Backup sep his shoulder in his first game.

Britt broke his leg...BAD.

Smiley missed a number of games with a bum ankle

Ditto for Pope.

It sucked.

What happened last year is that we had a lot of FLUKES.

Brodie played at 50% because of 3 cracked ribs and a sep shoulder.

Our Backup sep his shoulder in his first game.

Britt broke his leg...BAD.

Smiley missed a number of games with a bum ankle

Ditto for Pope.

It sucked.

I know! Y'all are owed a lot of good luck this year if karma is going to balance itself out.

...'course as an Auburn fan, I think you used up all your good karma for a long, long time during Bear's streak in the 1970's! Except that I wish nothing ill on the players themselves, I'm perfectly happy for you to have the storm clouds over your heads for another decade or two. ;):D

Exactly. I don't wish injuries on anyone, period. BUT, as for Bama...maybe some academic problems, a few run-ins with the law, an outbreak of chicken-pox, some sexually transmitted diseases...

Look, I'm not picky, whatever keeps em' out of a few ball-games. :D:D:D

:lol::lol::lol:

I would not wish injury on any kid. BUT, uat is now paying the price, with substandard starters and no depth, that the NCAA intended.

Time to pay the long overdue Piper! ! ! B)

Archived