CTT owns LSU and Saban (while at AU)

Boss

CTT is a find coach and he has finally put together a good coaching staff.  The first couple of years he tried to be loyal to the guys who had been with him.  That did not work out so he went and got Gene Chizik and Bobby Petrino. That worked great for one year but Petrino turned out to be too good and got his own HC job.  Tommy then was forced to promote Hugh Nall and Hire Ensminger and again was bitten by trying to be loyal to those who were there for him for years.  This did not work out but how many of us have gotten jobs because of friends and working ourselves up the ladder.  Now Tommy has gotten a real gem of a OC in Al Borges and all you want to do is say Saben is much better than Tommy?  Auburn is 3-2 against Saben and the two losses came when we had poor OC's

Tommy is doing all the right things but like the QB needs a good team it takes a good Staff to make the HC look good.

We are 3-0 and have just knocked off the Defending Co-MNC champs.  What else do you want?

I will take something from the Corndogs.  When LSU made a great play they bowed down to say "we are not worthy".  Well for all of you who blast TT and JC you should bow down and beg forgivness. :angry:

War Eagle

1. Tubby was forced to fire Lovett and Mazzone. There were a fair number of people on THIS board that thought that was a bad decision. Loyalty, continuity, blah, blah... How many people still think that was a bad decision???

2. Tubby chose to promote Nall and hire Ensminger.

3. Good Head Coaches (Carroll, Saban, Stoops, Bowden, etc) develop systems around them to breed success. Maybe Tubby has finally reached that point.

4. Read the original post. My post addressed the original post. If you don't like reading factual statements, put your head back in the sand, or where ever it was remove from...

Please don't try the revisionist history ploy... It only works if people don't remember.

:lol:

:au:

It's a learning experience...and I think that he's gatting there. AND he does recruit EXCELLENT Auburn men. You cannot take that away from him. And after beating LS_WHO...maybe he has this team going in the right direction! :D:au:

CTT is a find coach and he has finally put together a good coaching staff.  The first couple of years he tried to be loyal to the guys who had been with him.  That did not work out so he went and got Gene Chizik and Bobby Petrino. That worked great for one year but Petrino turned out to be too good and got his own HC job.  Tommy then was forced to promote Hugh Nall and Hire Ensminger and again was bitten by trying to be loyal to those who were there for him for years.  This did not work out but how many of us have gotten jobs because of friends and working ourselves up the ladder.  Now Tommy has gotten a real gem of a OC in Al Borges and all you want to do is say Saben is much better than Tommy?  Auburn is 3-2 against Saben and the two losses came when we had poor OC's

Tommy is doing all the right things but like the QB needs a good team it takes a good Staff to make the HC look good.

We are 3-0 and have just knocked off the Defending Co-MNC champs.  What else do you want?

I will take something from the Corndogs.  When LSU made a great play they bowed down to say "we are not worthy".  Well for all of you who blast TT and JC you should bow down and beg forgivness. :angry:

War Eagle

1. Tubby was forced to fire Lovett and Mazzone. There were a fair number of people on THIS board that thought that was a bad decision. Loyalty, continuity, blah, blah... How many people still think that was a bad decision???

3. Good Head Coaches (Carroll, Saban, Stoops, Bowden, etc) develop systems around them to breed success. Maybe Tubby has finally reached that point.

4. Read the original post. My post addressed the original post. If you don't like reading factual statements, put your head back in the sand, or where ever it was remove from...

Please don't try the revisionist history ploy... It only works if people don't remember.

Anybody that thought that Loser Lovett and Moron Mazzone should stay at Auburn is a fool. Look at the teams they are at now. Clemson just got hammered by Texas A&M, just like we got hammered by Alabama in 2001. It seems that Lovett still has not figured out how to stop a Franchione team. Look at how many games North Carolina State has blown with Mazzone.

Well include me in that category then. I wasn't much for Mazone, AT ALL...but I think that Lovett was a pretty decent DC. I like CC better...but I don't think Lovett was all that bad. :au:

I think that calling your AU brethren, fools because their opinion is different than yours is a little...shall we say...immature? We're all on the same side after all.

WDE

I'm sorry but Lovett had a very vanilla defense and he had no idea how to adjust at halftime. I remember the 2001 alabama game, after halftime he did the exact same thing that he did in the first half when alabama kept having success with the running game. In my opinion, Lovett is the worst defensive coordinator in the country and has no business stepping on a football field. No wonder why Clemson is having so much trouble.

I'm sorry but Lovett had a very vanilla defense and he had no idea how to adjust at halftime. I remember the 2001 alabama game, after halftime he did the exact same thing that he did in the first half when alabama kept having success with the running game. In my opinion, Lovett is the worst defensive coordinator in the country and has no business stepping on a football field. No wonder why Clemson is having so much trouble.

Sorry son...I been watchin' AU since the 50's...we've had worse! ;):rolleyes::au:

Lovett had a couple of top 20 defenses if I'm not mistaken. Stat???

I didn't like Lovett's ultra conservative nature, remember 1999 MSU game??? But really I think that that ultra conservative defense was due to Tubby's input late in games.

Chizik's defenses are an attacking style (I like that), but we seen some instances (2003 UT) where we have played a little too conservative and have to hang on for the win.

War Eagle

Raven

Exactly where in my post did I personally point you out?

The comment about removing my head from somewhere is out of line but if you want to meet personally I can introduce you to my foot.

War Eagle

Raven

Exactly where in my post did I personally point you out?

The comment about removing my head from somewhere is out of line but if you want to meet personally I can introduce you to my foot.

It may have been the Tubby bashers bow down part...

In any case, I was a bit over the top. I apoligize for the remark.

Still not bowing down. ;)

Huh ???

3-2 thats owning ????

Auburns a great team, but I hardly thing 3-2 (And the 3 being a 1 point win at home) owning, I call it pretty darn equal football teams.

My bad, or the amount of points you win by doesn't affect the size of the 1 in the win column?

If LSU fans keep talking about how we only beat them by 1, I'm going to puke. See if you're one point loss shows up any differently in the loss column at the end of the year. It sure didn't make much of a difference for USC last year (though their loss was to a team that wasn't exactly of the calibre of an SEC team).

Saban is a great coach, hands down. Anyone who argues with that is stupid, whether they're an Auburn fan or not. However, games aren't decided by the number of rings on your coaches finger or the silver spoon that's in his mouth. Auburn scored more points than LSU last weekend, so they reap the spoils. Get over it LSU fans. There will be another game next fall.

WDE! :au:

Umm, we are over it, matter of fact most of us came here right after the game with congrats and respect. Your right, Auburn won, because they made plays and LSU didn't. We have moved on.

I guess our point to say someone owns someone when the record is 3-2 and one of those wins was in a hotly contested game is a bit odd.

To "own" someone you have to beat them soundly time and time again (Similar to what our schools do to Miss State)

As far as the hardware, how else would you judge a coaches accomplishments...

Umm, we are over it, matter of fact most of us came here right after the game with congrats and respect. Your right, Auburn won, because they made plays and LSU didn't. We have moved on.

I guess our point to say someone owns someone when the record is 3-2 and one of those wins was in a hotly contested game is a bit odd.

To "own" someone you have to beat them soundly time and time again (Similar to what our schools do to Miss State)

As far as the hardware, how else would you judge a coaches accomplishments...

We never said anything about the coaches accomplishments to begin with. This post was started about AU owning LSU, which is an absolutely ridiculous statement, I might add.

However, it was an LSU poster who started in on all the stats about winning SECC and NC. This never was intended to be a Tubbs is better than Saban post.

As far as I'm concerned, right now Tubbs is better than Saban because he had a better game plan going into last weekend's game and he made it work. We won, regardless of by how many points, and wins are what make good coaches!

Lovett had a couple of top 20 defenses if I'm not mistaken. Stat???

During his 34 games as DC for Auburn, Lovett's defense allowed:

111 rushing / 226 passing / 337 total / 22 pts per game

In the 34 games before his arrival under Bill Oliver:

122 rushing / 219 passing / 341 total / 21 pts per game

Average yards allowed per game since 1981:

Year- Total

1988- 218.1

1992- 257.9

1989- 268.7

1990- 272.9

2003- 281.2

1986- 288.1

1981- 288.2

1987- 292.0

2000- 303.3

1998- 307.1

1985- 309.0

1993- 309.5

1983- 312.6

1984- 318.2

1991- 325.5

1994- 327.0

2002- 328.2

1982- 329.5

1997- 344.1

2001- 348.6

1999- 363.5

1996- 370.5

1995- 385.0

Our 2000 defense was #1 in the SEC before the SECCG and slipped to #2 behind UT after losing to Florida.

1) I don't remember LSU attempting to hire CTT. I remember CTT going through back channels to get his name in the ring. I also remember LSU saying thanks, but no thanks.

2) To imply someone "owns" someone else is to imply dominance and I would hardly say either school has dominance over the other. 3-2 is a slight advantage (+20%) in my math class.

3) I would say that $2.6 million for 2 SEC Championships and 1 BCS MNC is a fair price to pay and well within the going rate for a coach of that stature. Now $1.5 million for 1 SEC West Championship is a bit of a stretch, value wise.

4) Regarding the lack of "corndogs" on this board, LSU played MSU this week. If we would be posting regularly on here this week, you would be crying about our "whining" presence. When we move on, you point out our absence. Why don't you go to the USC board and get some therapy from them. I am sure they would love to hear from their little southern buddies who know how to take an embarassing home butt whippin and then smile about it with their new "friends."

BTW did you see our sputtering offense hung 51 on MSU? I can't wait to get you Barners in Tiger Stadium next year.

Good luck this week. :au: WDE and all that

xxxooo

supatigah

edited because I can't spell

BTW did you see our sputtering offense hung 51 on MSU? I can't wait to get you Barners in Tiger Stadium next year.

OOOh! 51 on the team that lost to maine last week :ph34r: :ph34r: .

Seriously how have you guys done against the good teams this year? :lol:

Good luck this week. :au: WDE and all that

xxxooo

supatigah

Supatigah

You Offense only hung 44 as your Defense returned a INT for a TD. Yes LSU took it's pain out on Coach Croom & MSU. Why did Saben have his starters in after the Half when he was up 34-0? From the Box Score he waited until the 4th Qtr to put in Matt Flynn. I know JaMarcus is the Second string QB but come on when you have a hapless team like MSU on the ropes you can let up. Remember the BCS has taken the incentive to run the score up out of the formulas. I bet Mike Shula wishes he had taken the starters out early.

I bet Croom made more than a mental note of Saben not calling the dogs of his dogs. It may not be soon but his day will come and he will not forget 51-0. Auburn did call off the big boys early when we played MSU.

Well, you are right, our putrid Offense only scored 44.

34-0 Saban had the ball on the MSU 13 yard line, 3 timeouts, and :15 seconds on the clock right before half and he let the time run out without even attempting a FG.

The second team offense was being worked in when the score was 34-0 in the 3rd. I don't know why you feel like the starters were still playing as a unit. Midway through the 3rd the 2nd team lines (Off and Def) were in for good. Russell has to play, he needs the reps. Broussard and Addai are the 2nd and 3rd team RBs. The WRs are all RSF and F so they need all the game reps they can get.

Saban did not run up the score. Goodness knows LSU could have.

LSU plays a lot of guys on defense, so it is hard to tell when the 2nd unit guys are in. I usually look for MLB Lionel Turner to come out for the 1st unit to be done. He played until midway through the 3rd as well, then Hollis took over.

Croom should have no beef with LSU (other than the usual motivational "defend our house" stuff next year. I think LSU could have made it much worse, but several silly TOs and Saban's decency prevented it.

All in all a good day for the Tigers of the bayou and the Tigers of the Plains.

Good luck.

The problem for LSU in games like this is their second team is better than alot of others first teams. From what I saw of the second half LSU was mainly just running the ball up the middle, but the second and third string lines were winning the trench wars. Its really unfair to ask a tailback to just run 3 yards and go down cause they are trying to earn more playing time themselves. MSU's line just isn't very good at all, they had 9 in the box and were still getting pushed around.

Randall played what a quarter and half, Russell a quarter and a half, and Flynn a quarter and a half? Well ok not all quarter and half, cause thats impossible, but you know what I mean, it was pretty even on playing time.

Archived