Who has the better RB's?

OrangeCrush18

:ut: We will match and raise your running game! Get ready Bammers!

:moon:

106075[/snapback]

We should recolor this emoticon orange so it looks like Phat Phil...just a big walking orange butt crack. :big:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ummm...wrong school buddy. Bammer is the insult you use on me...I think 'barners' is what you were looking for.

Although I hardly feel the guys on this board deserve that either  :D  ;)

106079[/snapback]

In deference to the reasonable approach with which you treat us Auburn fans on this board, BG, I'll have to toss in another name that you were too humble to bring up:

Ray Hudson.

I don't put him in the same class as Ronnie or Carnell, but he is a fine running back and Bama's best (if not only) offensive weapon. I don't think any teams would turn him down if he wanted to play for them. I'd probably rank him in the top half-dozen or so of the conference.

[Now if you'll excuse me I have to go wash my mouth out with soap for complimenting a Bama player. :puke:;) ]

Queitfan, thats not the first time you've been complimentary to Bama...but it is noted!

Yeah Id take our backfield - Hudson, Darby, Castille and McClain over UTee's all day long.

But for them to say they have a better backfield than Carnell and Ronnie...well...just tell em to turn on ESPN on draft day...They wont have to watch it long.

Yeah Id take our backfield - Hudson, Darby, Castille and McClain over UTee's all day long.

OURS? You do mean AUBURN's ...Right? :D

Surely you do not mean to compare uat's rbs to those of the fat phil lead Vols...right? :blink::rolleyes:<_<

Ray Hudson is a force at HB. The other guys are all second fiddle right now. Castille is running on name recognition (plus he's one of those full/halfbacks). The others will improve over time. I'm afraid their stats will take a downturn now, based on Bama's new 80/20 split on the run/pass game. Good D's will simply stack the line and shut all but RayRay down.

Bama has great talent this year, but its just to thin to compete for the SEC title. I see them as a 6-5 team now after losing Brodie.

yeah, Hudson is a quality back...but I have to ask, we all know Alabama is a school with a lot of tradition behind it, including disciplining players for breaking rules...and the Bear was a great example of this (benching Namath in the bowl game). did you agree with Shula letting Hudson play after the marijuana thing? I think Bear would've sent the guy packing.

Actually ray ray served a 1.5 game suspension for that. And im not sure of all the circumstances surrounding that situation.

I do know that immediately after he got caught with it, they gave him a drug test...he passed.

I think that was the caveat in his favor. And we havent heard a peep from ray since.

I think they made the right decision. Shula hasnt proven to be soft on discipline yet...but we will see.

BG has a point. There weren't a lot of details given about the whole incident and I can't see Shula putting his rep or job on the line for a back up tailback.

It'd be better for the the rest of the west division if he was suspended for the year though. :P

Archived