Countdown to Signing Day Q&A

AUSportTalk

Who are the recruits we are not naming to look out for? Also, what is your take on the TJY situation? Very interested in your answers.

I can't think of any recruits that haven't been named at this point.

Yeldon situation: Typical Bama recruiting in Mobile area

It looks like we are going to miss out on Ward, so you have no clue who any of the back up recruits are?

It's not written down that we are missing on Ward. I wouldn't count Auburn out just yet.

Well IF we miss on Ward Saturday do you see AU pulling all the stops ouy on Armstead if he visits on the 13th? And if not armstead what name do you think pops up on the D linr for recruiting?

They will def put the full court press on Armstead, Jenkins and ATH Jeremy Liggins.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since you're online just wanted to say thanks ST!

Well... Thanks and a question.

Out of the recruits that AU has a legit shot at, who would you like to see AU sign the most?

Diggs? Armstead? Goldman? Winston?

Who are the recruits we are not naming to look out for? Also, what is your take on the TJY situation? Very interested in your answers.

I can't think of any recruits that haven't been named at this point.

Yeldon situation: Typical Bama recruiting in Mobile area

It looks like we are going to miss out on Ward, so you have no clue who any of the back up recruits are?

It's not written down that we are missing on Ward. I wouldn't count Auburn out just yet.

Well IF we miss on Ward Saturday do you see AU pulling all the stops ouy on Armstead if he visits on the 13th? And if not armstead what name do you think pops up on the D linr for recruiting?

They will def put the full court press on Armstead, Jenkins and ATH Jeremy Liggins.

DUH!  :-[ How did I forget about Liggins?  :banghead:

Since you're online just wanted to say thanks ST!

Well... Thanks and a question.

Out of the recruits that AU has a legit shot at, who would you like to see AU sign the most?

Diggs? Armstead? Goldman? Winston?

Anytime. Thanks for your support!

Goldman.....hands down!

Do you feel like DeAndre Jasper will be a part of this class? What do you think about Jalen Whitlow?

If Auburn misses out on others, Jasper could be but I don't think so.

I like Whitlow, just not sure he is very high on Auburn's big board.

In your opinion which of the DC candidates would have a bigger impact on AU recruiting wise if we were to hire them?

Most of the candidates haven't been made known publicly so I can't really answer that question.

In your opinion which of the DC candidates would have a bigger impact on AU recruiting wise if we were to hire them?

Most of the candidates haven't been made known publicly so I can't really answer that question.

You mean out of all the threads started on the football board about potential DCs, that havent covered everyone.

Very interesting. So it's probably an up and commer sort of hire?

So are we back in it with Jordan Jenkins and what is the % we sign Leonard Williams?

Less than 30% right now for Jenkins

I feel very good about Williams. I would say closer to 75%

What are your % of Auburn signing the following players:

Armstead (OL/DL)

Liggins (ATH)

Winston (QB)

Diamond (OL)

Gurley (RB)

Patterson (WR)

Cyrus Jones (WR)

Caylab Jones(WR)

Watson (OL)

Kirven (DL)

Neal (CB)

Kozan (OL)

Bush (DB/S)

Already stated from previous ST replies:

Jenkins (DE)   30%

L Williams (DE)  75%

T Williams (RB)  10%

Goldman (DL)   30%

Diggs (WR)    30%

Thanks for all you do ST, much appreciated!!

What are your % of Aubunr signing the following players:

Diggs (WR)

Armstead (OL/DL)

Liggins (ATH)

Winston (QB)

Diamond (OL)

Gurley (RB)

Patterson (WR)

Jones (WR)

Watson (OL)

Kirven (DL)

Neal (CB)

Add Kozan and Bush to that list.

Right now we are looking at losing both of our starting tackles.  That leaves Dismukes, Westerman, and Robinson that I believe will be sure starters, with Sullen, Slade, and Eric Mack competing for the other guard position.  Robinson will be taking one of the tackle positions, so do you see Latu coming in and contributing immediately, or do you think it will be someone already on the roster?

What are your % of Auburn signing the following players:

Armstead (OL/DL)

Liggins (ATH)

Winston (QB)

Diamond (OL)

Gurley (RB)

Patterson (WR)

Cyrus Jones (WR)

Caylab Jones(WR)

Watson (OL)

Kirven (DL)

Neal (CB)

Kozan (OL)

Bush (DB/S)

Already stated from previous ST replies:

Jenkins (DE)   30%

L Williams (DE)  75%

T Williams (RB)  10%

Goldman (DL)   30%

Diggs (WR)    30%

All these percentages are ad of RIGHT NOW

Armstead (OL/DL) - 35%

Liggins (ATH) - 35%

Winston (QB) - 25% could increase significantly if he likes our OC hire

Diamond (OL) - 20%

Gurley (RB) - 20% but could improve a lot if he visits in Jan.

Patterson (WR) - 40%

Cyrus Jones (WR) - 10%

Caylab Jones(WR) - 10%

Watson (OL) - 60%

Kirven (DL) - 10%

Neal (CB) - 10%

Kozan (OL) - 25%

Bush (DB/S) - 80%

Right now we are looking at losing both of our starting tackles.  That leaves Dismukes, Westerman, and Robinson that I believe will be sure starters, with Sullen, Slade, and Eric Mack competing for the other guard position.  Robinson will be taking one of the tackle positions, so do you see Latu coming in and contributing immediately, or do you think it will be someone already on the roster?

If I had to guess our starting OL next year it would be

Tackles - Latu and Robinson

Guards - Mack and Westerman

Center - Dismukes

With the speculation that Michael Dyer is transferring, do you see us turning up the heat on a top 5 back in the country, a la Trey Williams? Thanks for all that you do.

I def think you will see Auburn trying to get 3-5 RB's in for visits in January. I look for Auburn to try to sign one more RB.

Best guess at who fills the remaining spots?  Maybe a percentage on the that recruit? Also, do you think we try to bring in a DC that coaches DBs?

Best guess at who fills the remaining spots?  Maybe a percentage on the that recruit? Also, do you think we try to bring in a DC that coaches DBs?

I will post my best guesses when we hire OC and DC. The percentages could change a lot over the next week and a half - two weeks.

I would think so. I'm thinking they will hire one that will coach DB's and move Thig to LB's but it's unknown at this point.

Archived