BCWIV: "The List" **New Update 5/26**

TigerWar

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess we know the QBs that will be there.  JJohnson and JSmith.  Maybe CLuper.

You can remove Ryan Buchanan from the list...

Done. Thanks.

Anyone else that needs to be taken off or added. Kind of a small list right now and the weekend is drawing near.

Does anyone know about how many guys in total will be there this weekend? I am guessing 20-30. I also guess there are guys that will be there that may not go public that are committed to another school for the time being.

I hope these guys convince Montravious Adams that he should be a Tiger.

Does anyone know about how many guys in total will be there this weekend? I am guessing 20-30. I also guess there are guys that will be there that may not go public that are committed to another school for the time being.

Judging by the size of the list as of today, we better get a move on if we want 20-30 guys here this weekend. List is very short. But it does have a lot of quality.

Seems I recall that the coaches try to keep the numbers limited to create the attitude that this is a "special " invitation and not an open-house.  It also gives the coaches more time with the kids.....and gives the "recruiters like JJ or Pike" more time to get to know the top targets.  I think quality is the real objective.

Judging by the size of the list as of today, we better get a move on if we want 20-30 guys here this weekend. List is very short. But it does have a lot of quality.

Somewhere around 25 attendees is correct; and don't be at all concerned about the list right now.  We won't know everyone that was here for days afterward, but by Saturday AM, through sightings, announcements, and just pure ole detective work, we'll have a good idea.  One things for sure though, the attendees won't be able to keep their presence here a secret from their respective commit-school, if they're committed somewhere else.

I would LOVE to see Derwin Gray and Yannick Ngakoue from Edison-Friendship in DC at BCW.  We could add another HUGE LB prospect and be close to done @ OL for this class if we got both.  Curious as to their feelings on AU @ the moment.

Alright, QB is done. Let's figure out what RB's are coming to Big Cat weekend. Will either Ty Dye or Jordan Wilkins be here? Any others? If we only plan on taking one, I bet this happens soon.

Anyone else that needs to be taken off or added. Kind of a small list right now and the weekend is drawing near.

Like pops alluded to, we probably won't have a full list until Saturday when they all get on campus or even Sunday or Monday after it's over. AU isn't going to release a "list of attendees" or anything before the event. It's kinda' like a VERY exclusive party that 40-45+ guys have been invited to.... and 25-30+ are expected to attend. There could be a few more or less, so we'll just have to see who all shows up. We're actually ahead of the game with the list we've already established, compared to previous years. The prospects we're expecting to be there for sure include:

Dee Liner

Cameron Toney

Ethan Pocic

Montravius Adams

Kam Melton

Trey Johnson

Jason Smith

Jeremy Johnson

And then there are the guys that I'm sure the staff has identified as Big Cats with invites and they include:

Tyshon Dye

Jordan Wilkins

Tarean Folston

Alvin Kamara

Isaiah Jones

Tony Whitehead

DeAndre Woods

Travis Johnson

O.J. Howard

Derwin Gray

Tyrone Crowder

Laremy Tunsil

Austin Golson

Carl Lawson

Naim Mustafaa

Tashawn Bower

Frank Herron

Reuben Foster

Yannick Ngakoue

Jarrad Davis

Cam Luper

Vernon Hargreaves III

MacKensie Alexander

Darius Curry

Tray Matthews

Jalen Ramsey

Vonn Bell

Cortez Leonard

Jimmy Hutchinson

Harrison Butker

And I'd also expect a few local guys who might not be "tops" on AU's board right now, but could sign with us in the end. There will probably be a few prospects from the class of 2014 there as well, like the Berry twins(both attended last year), Tre Williams, Ronnie Clark and maybe some prospects from Carver and Auburn High. Some of our most recent signees from the class of 2012 should be there also.

:we:

The list is very impressive and as mentioned above, I'm sure there are quite a few more that are already planning to attend. Even more impressive is that these guys (if I understand BCW correctly) are coming on their own dime! A guy coming from Illinois on his own dime? Wow. We are definitely at an elite level in recruiting and this staff took it up several notches. Call it sunshine pumping or what you will but I've followed AU football for most of my life and as great as we've been, we've never had this many kids drooling.

After looking back a few years, even back to the first annual BCW and Lache Seastrunk's infamous Saban callout, there have been eleven prospects each of the first two years and twelve last year that attended and eventually signed with AU as a part of that class.

2009: Shaun Kitchens, Trovon Reed, Antonio Goodwin, Eric Mack, Shon Coleman, Jessel Curry, Jake Holland, Rah Rah White, L Owens, J. Mincey, Ken Carter               

Others: Seastrunk, Lattimore, Richardson, Jacobs, Thornton, Stone, Beasley, Cornelius, Terrell, Ayers, Belue, Adams, Menzie, Fortt

2010: Reese Dismukes, Thomas O'Reilly, Greg Robinson, Gabe Wright, Jonathon Rose, Mike Blakely, Kiehl Frazier, Jermaine Whitehead, Keymiya Harrell, Chris Landrum, Anthony Swain                         

Others: Watts Dantzler, Buck Allen, Brent Calloway, Ray Drew, Mitch Smothers, Chris Jones, Dee Hart, Xzavier Dickson, etc...

2011: Zeke Pike, Shane Callahan, Cass Mckinzy, Darrion Hutcherson, Ricky Parks, Tyler Nero, Joshua Holsey, Jaquay Williams, Javy Mitchell, Jovon Robinson, Ricardo Louis, Patrick Miller

Others: Barry Sanders Jr, Mike Flint, Geno Smith, Trae Elston, Yeldon, Channing Ward, Justin Meredith, Kenno Loyal, Brian Kimbrow, C. Patterson

After looking back a few years, even back to the first annual BCW and Lache Seastrunk's infamous Saban callout, there have been eleven prospects each of the first two years and twelve last year that attended and eventually signed with AU as a part of that class.

2009: Shaun Kitchens, Trovon Reed, Antonio Goodwin, Eric Mack, Shon Coleman, Jessel Curry, Jake Holland, Rah Rah White, L Owens, J. Mincey, Ken Carter               

Others: Seastrunk, Lattimore, Richardson, Jacobs, Thornton, Stone, Beasley, Cornelius, Terrell, Ayers, Belue, Adams, Menzie, Fortt

2010: Reese Dismukes, Thomas O'Reilly, Greg Robinson, Gabe Wright, Jonathon Rose, Mike Blakely, Kiehl Frazier, Jermaine Whitehead, Keymiya Harrell, Chris Landrum, Anthony Swain                           

Others: Watts Dantzler, Buck Allen, Brent Calloway, Ray Drew, Mitch Smothers, Chris Jones, Dee Hart, Xzavier Dickson, etc...

2011: Zeke Pike, Shane Callahan, Cass Mckinzy, Darrion Hutcherson, Ricky Parks, Tyler Nero, Joshua Holsey, Jaquay Williams, Javy Mitchell, Jovon Robinson, Ricardo Louis, Patrick Miller

Others: Barry Sanders Jr, Mike Flint, Geno Smith, Trae Elston, Yeldon, Channing Ward, Justin Meredith, Kenno Loyal, Brian Kimbrow, C. Patterson

Great post. Love seeing these names that have come to Big Cat over the years. Impressive!

Pretty cool that given previous years, we can assume that 50% of the kids invited to BCW will eventually be an Auburn Tiger.  I have a feeling that given the number of commitments that we already have that will be there this year, I would think that % would be even higher this year.

I'd like to add, that there might be a few guys that I left off the list, like Noel Ellis for example, that received BCW invites and might attend. I'm excited....the weekend can't get here soon enough.  :we:

Archived