whats this all about

chevroletmc

How can people ONLY think of one thing at a time? I'm sure Tubs spends more than enough time "in the office" to prepare for Ole Miss. Surely he has free time during the week to think of other things besides the game at hand.

Anyways, there should be no concern. Here's why.

Lest they get ahead of themselves, the team called a players-only meeting Sunday. The subject: Focus. `We kind of sat down and Jason Campbell talked about how we just need to stay focused,'' Williams said. ``We're going to have a lot of stuff thrown our way, with the SEC championship, national rankings, things like that.''

Too many seniors on this team to get side-tracked.

Quarterback Jason Campbell said the Tigers are getting ``addicted to winning.''

I would say that if you're going to be addicted to something, this has to be the best.. :cheers:

The key here is towards the bottom of the article...

"Lest they get ahead of themselves, the team called a players-only meeting Sunday. The subject: Focus"

"But I think everybody on the team realizes that we're one game away from being out of that picture," Eddins said."

"Added Jackson: "Saturday we're playing Ole Miss. If we don't play for that, none of the other stuff matters."

Why do people get so freaked out over the MNC talk? We're frickin' 8-0. It's going to come up. Tuberville has probably been asked umpteen times about it and the what-ifs of going undefeated and still being locked out of the NC game. What's wrong with giving a hypothetical answer like "I'd be surprised if an SEC team went undefeated and won the conference title and was not in the title game"?

Let's chill out folks. This team seems to be very level headed about all this. The talk is inevitable. We do have a game to concern ourselves with. In fact, we likely have four more games to deal with before any bowl. But what has this team done thus far to make you think they are looking too far ahead? That's the one striking thing about the team this year...they have been focused each week and taken care of business.

That's the one striking thing about the team this year...they have been focused each week and taken care of business.

115489[/snapback]

:clap::clap::clap:

AMEN!!!!!

Tubs is the CEO for this AU team. If he fails to lobby for them or go out and get attention for this, then he is not doing his job. This is what a head coach does.

shouldnt tubby be worried more about ole piss right now than a national championship game that is more than 2 months from occuring?

115457[/snapback]

:rolleyes: I believe Coach Tuberville has his team prepared for Ole Miss.

http://www.auburntigers.com/football/page.cfm?doc_id=7688

I think everyone needs to realize that we dont need to judge auburn's readiness anymore....they know what it takes to get up for a game (see the record...). Why cant he talk about the NCG?? I mean hell being undefeated to this point, he should start thinking about it.

IMHO the headline of this article is a misrepresentation of CTT's actions. This conversation was reported in local papers a few days ago when CTT made his brief remarks about SEC teams and the MNC at a news conference or interview. They were merely brief, off-the-cuff remarks and not indicative of any major effort on his part.

To say he is "lobbying" for BCS changes is much to strong a word in my opinion. It makes it sound like he's actively pursuing some sort of campaign and taking his attention away from the team and the next game. All he did was make a few quick comments in response to a reporter's questions. There is no "lobbying effort" afoot. Coach Tuberville knows where his priorities lie and taking time to campaign/lobby for BCS changes is not among them.

In listening to the players comments on a news report last night, they will be JACKED for Ole Miss. Don't forget that despite everything going on outside of this game, a return to play at Ole Miss is bigger for CTT than most people realize. I imagine he wants to beat them as much as anyone on our schedule.

I think everyone needs to realize that we dont need to judge auburn's readiness anymore....they know what it takes to get up for a game (see the record...).  Why cant he talk about the NCG??  I mean hell being undefeated to this point, he should start thinking about it.

115510[/snapback]

Leave CTT alone. I think he has the real reigns in his hands now. 8-0 and only lookng up.

It is way to early to talk about National Championship. We have three tough games and possibly the SEC Championship game. Auburn needs to stay focused on the next game. If we take care of business, things will take care of themself.

All us fans can do is continue to show up at the games and show our support each and everygame. I don't think our kids will get the big head after what they went through last year. The TEAM will be ready.

no, they won't.

If we take care of business and so does Oklahoma and USC - we won't play for the NC - with is not "taking care of itself."

If CTT bringing some extra attention to this matter helps - then I'm all for it.

Archived