Chris Fowler

ezeskeezy

Chris Fowler said that if Auburn beats UGA next week, he will be putting them at #2 over Oklahoma. Let's hope all the pollsters feel this way. Maybe we should stop worrying about Oklahoma losing (because their last two games really pissed me off) and just hope that justice is served assuming we do what we can do.

After everything is said and done, there is NO WAY an undefeated SEC team won't play in the BCS National Title game. Period.

After everything is said and done, there is NO WAY an undefeated SEC team won't play in the BCS National Title game.  Period.

You would think that...but this IS the bcs system we're talking about.

Yeah, let's all sit back on our butt's and let everything fall in place.  I'm sure the media will take care of us....

118811[/snapback]

Are you on the football team? If you are, I would say that YOU need to beat UGA, UA, and then win the SECCG. If you are not, then yeah, sit back on your butt and watch everything fall into place.

An SEC team going undefeated and not making the NC game would in effect end the BCS.

118818[/snapback]

Exaclty. They are grasping for straws trying to keep the BCS. They took a huge shot last year with the split championship, but this shot would be fatal.

Im sure AU fans (like many others across the nation) are hoping the BCS ends soon...but they dont want to be the undefeated sec team left out to make that happen.

;)

Im sure AU fans (like many others across the nation) are hoping the BCS ends soon...but they dont want to be the undefeated sec team left out to make that happen.

;)

118821[/snapback]

I think they should take one for the team. :big::big:

Seriously, I doubt it will happen. The only thing worse that could happen is if OU and AU lose before the year is up. Then we would most likely have to watch a CAL/USC national championship game. Not only would that screw Wisconsin, but I just wouldn't be able to listen about the Pac 10 for another year. :puke::puke:

Wisconsin is not a top 5 team. Utah is a MUCH better ball team and is getting screwed. Cal deserves to be where they are.

Sidenote...who's defense is worse? Big 12 or Conf Usa?

I actually forgot about Utah. The Big 12 is probably still the third best conference this year, behind the SEC and Pac 10, but they are horrible. The north division in the Big 12 is a train wreck this year.

I still can't believe this California love fest. Good QB.....thats it. The year before saw them go 8-4 with an average at best D and this year they are playing solid but Top 5? Give me a break. They played USC close....great.....one game means nothing.

i am glad that fowler said that but if we were to beat georgia by two or three touchdowns(not that that is what i am expecting) i think there should be no question that we should be number one. usc has had a lot of close calls and oklahoma has looked very shaky for the past two weeks. IMO number 2 would not be high enough.

I keep hearing Kurt H. talk about Oklahoma at #2 .. he says that Oklahoma just hasn't put a good game together yet...

Well.. my theory is this... MAYBE Oklahoma just isn't as good as he thinks.. and will never put that great game together.

I'm not trying to assume what everyone is saying here, but I would like to make one thing clear:

The BCS is in Auburn's favor. Auburn going undefeated can only help Auburn and hurt Oklahoma. Auburn will have the advantage in the computer polls. Without the BCS, it would be USC-OU most likely unless the pollsters rank AU ahead of OU. The BCS can only help Auburn out.

I still think that USC and OU are going to be unbeaten. AU should be 12-0, but still have a tough road ahead with UGA and the SECCG. If they win those, AU vs. USC in the NC. But thats my idea, it changes every week.

I don't think that UT losing to ND helps. also if we do play them again, they don't have a qb, so that won't help us much either because the media won't take them seriously. if they had won out, and remained in the top ten, that would have helped us.

It'll all take care of itself. I think as long as we beat UGA, and don't screw up the rest of the way, we will go. I believe after next week, we will be 2 in the BCS, if we beat UGA.

Archived