NCAA investigating AU?

AubTigers

I am ready for a HC change, but as painful as the buyout will be I don't see Auburn being on a mission to screw Chizik out of his buyout. The BOTs and brass in general still appreciate the NC Chizik brought in, but realize we have got to make a change. If anyone feels the heat of the buyout it should be JJ and he pay for it with his job. Who knows, this Robinson deal may be what keeps JJ employed to see this through for final closure.

War Eagle !.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm getting late to the game here, but has anyone given this any thought?

With this new news coming out about recruiting violations....Could it be possible that the BUYOUT to Chizik is no longer valid? Meaning, They now have "Just Cause" to fire him, and void his buyout?

Would it suprise anyone, if some of the people who want him out (powers that be) actually leaked this info out, to get Chizik fired?

Nothing at this point would shock me......

already discussed in this very thread. Here's the main flaw in that theory. None of this is new information. It all happened back in August when Robinson's eligibility was initially a concern. The fact that this came from Forde who is known to run articles with no research or sources lessens the validity of it all and the possibility that much of anything will come from it. The fact is that the issue with Robinson occurred before he even got to Auburn. Forde has never let actually facts get in the way of him putting a story out there.

I fully agree with WarTiger. This is just old fodder being fed again by poor "journalists" filling blank spaces on their Etch-a-Sketch's as they try to figure out how to draw straight lines.

Goldberg reported that interviews were conducted THIS week on campus. He also indicated, which I had not previously heard, that it could involve other players and recruits. I don't see how anyone can say with 100% certainty that there is nothing new.

I'm getting late to the game here, but has anyone given this any thought?

With this new news coming out about recruiting violations....Could it be possible that the BUYOUT to Chizik is no longer valid? Meaning, They now have "Just Cause" to fire him, and void his buyout?

Would it suprise anyone, if some of the people who want him out (powers that be) actually leaked this info out, to get Chizik fired?

Nothing at this point would shock me......

You're quite a few posts late on this idea. ;D

All this is old news. I'm not concerned about it. Although, I did start to get rather angry reading the ESPN article last night. I loved the part about where got an orange and blue charger in April, so that was suspicious. He also came into a wad of money in April from a lawsuit concerning his dad's death. So the obvious conclusion is that AU bought him this car instead of believing that an 18 year old kid comes into some money and goes out and buys a car. jeez. I mean, if we are talking about suspicious chargers, shouldn't we be talking about spUAT?

Telling Tiger gave me an idea from the Jeff Fisher thread.This new story leaked to Yahoo and Goldberg could be a sign of a power struggle going on behind the scenes.The leak to the press about Gouge looking at the Louisville OC could be another sign of this struggle.Different parties with dueling press leaks to make the other side look bad.

This could mean good things,if there are new money men trying to replace some of the old guard.I hope these press leaks are a sign that SOMEBODY wants to clean house in the AD from JJ on down.

Goldberg reported that interviews were conducted THIS week on campus. He also indicated, which I had not previously heard, that it could involve other players and recruits. I don't see how anyone can say with 100% certainty that there is nothing new.

This story is months old.....so it's not new. The NCAA is just doing their job.

Telling Tiger gave me an idea from the Jeff Fisher thread.This new story leaked to Yahoo and Goldberg could be a sign of a power struggle going on behind the scenes.The leak to the press about Gouge looking at the Louisville OC could be another sign of this struggle.Different parties with dueling press leaks to make the other side look bad.

This could mean good things,if there are new money men trying to replace some of the old guard.I hope these press leaks are a sign that SOMEBODY wants to clean house in the AD from JJ on down.

Bloodletting

Come on guys. Some of you aren't even reading the story. It ia a CHALLENGER! Not a Charger or Camaro. This story has not changed in 6 months. Secondary violation at worst. If there was any different investigations we would know. UA is being looked at as well in Foleygate. It won't get reported before signing day though. Until AU gets a School of Journalism we will get the hatchet stories. It is just the way it is. The sky IS NOT falling. I just checked. Those are just leaves folks, it is Fall after all. This isn't really affecting the search for a new HC. I imagine TT & CL were pulled so that we could say we were making sure nothing was going on but to also keep anything bad from being done in desperation by a desperate staff. At this point they already had the majority of the 2013 class committed so it really isn't a bad thing they were pulled anyway.

Same old thing Updykes cheat Auburn gets investigated, been that way as long as I can remember. I hope they get what they richly deserve very soon.

They just spent nearly 20 years on probation. What are you hoping for, the death penalty? Come on bro. Im sure they have gotten away with some shady business, but they arent winning games because they cheat. That's not realistic at all.

First , how do you think they got the talent to win these games , have you not seen all the violations in the past few years, free suits, selling books, fishing trips, hiding recruits in condos until signing day? Just a few, and since I never saw you sitting at our dinner table when I was kid- I am sure I'm not your "BRO"!

mod edit: That won't fly here. Don't do that again

Ok you are right.. Alabama is on this run because their players sold their text books, they let guys who were already on the team go on a fishing trip, and their star players got free suits. That is why they are probably gonna play for their 3rd title in 4 years... And that's why we suck so bad this year..

Starters that had their HS grades changed at the bequest of $puat coaches, recruiting players by setting family up in houses, cars and jobs...yeah, none of that stuff gives them any recruiting advantage.

those all sound very damning, and your presentation is convincing, but the rumor and speculation about $puat players and coaches is no different than the rumors and speculation that those turds spread about us. I know that's not fun to admit, but it's no different. It's more fun to say they cheat and we would be beating them if they didn't cheat, but I just think it's their time. You do know that they think EXACTLY the same things about Auburn right? It's been that way for years. People spread these rumors for years and years, and when something happens like Dye/Ramsey, or Albert Means with the turds, everyone says "see I told you so...we've been right the whole time."

They swear up and down that AU cheats to get recruits, so when the Jovon Robinson situation comes up, they immediately feel validated. Truth is, very little cheating goes on. This is real life, not some SMU 30 for 30. If believing otherwise helps you feel better about our struggles, then so be it. But I'm actually pretty connected...including a couple of connections on The Plains.. Even in Tuscaloserville. And 99 percent of these theories are total BS. People in the know at these schools find most of this stuff comical.

TigerPharm, you are waaaayyyy to level-headed to be participating in message board rumor mongering. You can read the same kind of ramblings on practically any SEC team's message board about some other SEC team. All you have to do is change the names ESPECIALLY when something untoward comes to light. I don't know a damn thing except for what I read and what I hear about our situation -- just like 90% of the other posters. Hearing it and reading it doesn't make it right, it doesn't change the facts, and it won't change the outcome. You can call an elephant red a million times and that won't change the fact that he's just a damn elephant. All these tales and stories and accusations toward other teams make us sound like tinted-glasses fans that just throw more crap on the wall and practically beg for some of it to stick.

If we're found guilty it won't be because some REC member or irate MSU fan stirred the pot. If an AU player was walking down the street with a gun in his hand and a REC member called the cops, where would the guilt lie? With the gun toter or the squeeler?

I'm not saying were guilty of anything more than being on the wrong end of a grade-change investigation. The NCAA is constantly investigating some school somewhere for something. Let's leave the mud-slinging and name calling to the other fans. We need to be above the fray, not in it.

Guys, I enjoy all the insight, I just think this smells realy really bad from every standpoint. Losing season, no discipline,lack of institutional control all season, coaches being let go, possible HC getting fired, possible AD getting fired....this is ingredients for a train wreck for incoming recruits.

Unless we make that BOOM hire, we will not only lose the season (which we already have, unless we can upset the turds on Saturday), but will also lose those players who have come out and said that they would look elsewhere if Chizik is shown the door.

I'm not saying keep Chizik to save recruiting, but PLEASE give me, and everyone who has as much pride in this program as I do, something to fight for, look forward too......

PLEASE, give me a HC who will not allow their strings to be pulled by Dye or JJ or any other PTB's.

Again, I was late to the thread, and I love the insight, regardless if it's positive or negative.....In the end, we all want the SAME END RESULT.......WDE.

"sources say" - Two words I think we are all very accustomed to.

This yellow journalism has. got. to. stop. AU should retain counsel if they haven't already- or get better lawyers- to combat the slander.

One news agency picks it up. Another does a copy-paste job. Then the third kicks off its column with "multiple sources have confirmed." Thayer Evans jumps on the pile, quoting anyone who will comment. Ridiculous.

And what is the genesis of it all? Immature Bammers. 40 and 50 year old men, acting like 11 year olds, lying to others about Auburn the same way they lie to themselves about the "14."

Let's get this straight. Auburn is not 100% clean. It is probably 1,000 times cleaner than several successful D-1 schools. And, if true scrutiny were brought on all NCAA football programs, I doubt more than 15% would come out unpunished. The powers that be turn a blind eye to unintentional secondary violations and zealous guidance counselors, so that the ball can leave the foot on Sept 1 and everyone can be happy. -Because fan bases are in the order of hundreds of thousands of people, boosters in the thousands; and you could count coaching and compliance employees on all your fingers and toes. -Because the best trained coaches get excited and accidentally invite kids to ride in a limo.

What I fail to comprehend is the role the Alabama PR machine has taken in repeatedly pushing these stories in light of what their own program so obviously has done. -The cars. -The clothes. There is photographic evidence out there; that if the NCAA wanted to investigate, they could shut UA down from what you can find on GOOGLE!

It's time to give this garbage a rest.

aufootballrob, do you know what the first sign of a loser is? They start blaming other folks for their problems. "Yeah, I changed his grades because every other team in college football is guilty of whatever sin they're all guilty of."

Let's get this straight. Auburn is not 100% clean. It is probably 1,000 times cleaner than several successful D-1 schools. And, if true scrutiny were brought on all NCAA football programs, I doubt more than 15% would come out unpunished. The powers that be turn a blind eye to unintentional secondary violations and zealous guidance counselors, so that the ball can leave the foot on Sept 1 and everyone can be happy. -Because fan bases are in the order of hundreds of thousands of people, boosters in the thousands; and you could count coaching and compliance employees on all your fingers and toes. -Because the best trained coaches get excited and accidentally invite kids to ride in a limo.

What a bunch of hooey. If you'd take that statement and make it sound like its well-grounded instead of floating off the fingertips of a man that thinks only in hyperbole and exaggeration, it might at least be acceptable in a debate -- assuming you have research and documentation somewhere to back it up. Don't point fingers at an imaginary enemy. How do you accidentally invite someone on a limo ride? It is my assumption that most college coaches in U.S.A., and in particular the SEC, tread that fine line between compliance and non-compliance like a tightrope walker, but even the best slip off. Sometimes, when you're driving a car and accidentally run a stop sign, you get away with it and sometimes you don't. But getting away with it doesn't make it right and, after a while, you convince yourself that you can run through the next one and the next one and suddenly there's a cop hidden behind the trees.

Has 'Bama broken the rules and gotten away with it. Of course. So has LSU and Tennessee and Florida and the list could go on and on. We have to stop worrying about what the other schools do or don't do, which committed this infraction or that infraction and nobody gives a damn it seems, We've got to stop pointing fingers at 'the media' and red elephants or bulldogs and bears and instead seeing what is wrong within our program and addressing those ills. There isn't a thing we can do about what's going on elsewhere unless we actually have evidence other than what's been posted on the internet or a few innocuous pictures. We only know what we see and read, and if things turn out differently than we believe they should, then it's probably a lot more likely that we didn't know all the facts instead of some wide-spread overpowering conspiracy.

I love Auburn and believe we're as clean or cleaner than a lot of other universities (not 1000 times cleaner,.,), and neither you or I know the entire scope of this investigation or prelude to a possible investigation. It could be nothing at all or worse than we want to believe. We don't know.

When we wake up in the mornings, get up and get ready to take on the day, is our determination to become the best we can be, do everything we can to make ourselves better, stronger and more successful or do we instead waste our talents on trying to take down 'the man' and blame our shortcomings on whatever person or entity that allows us to keep failing because we have an excuse?

I believe the first scenario represents Auburn and Auburn football the way it used to be -- in the days of Jordan and Dye and even Tubberville and David Housel. We didn't win them all but we damn sure showed up at every game. Now we have Chizik and seemingly constant turnover of assistants and Jay Jacobs. We seem to have the proverbial deer-in-the-headlights look.

We can't fix problems by pointing fingers, unless we point them at ourselves first. That's just the way it is.

AuburnDad, I agree with you to a point. As far as the football team and the product we put on the field, we have nobody to blame but ourselves. But IMO, there is some media posturing going on as well. I don't know if it is a media bias or if somebody is pulling strings to time the events and articles, or if it is just blind coincidence. This story broke in August. Every news agency reported it. Nothing else is written about it until the middle of Iron Bowl week. Coincidence? I take you back to 2010. The week of every big game there was another "big" story breaking in the Camgate. The funny thing about those stories was the fact that a bammer would call Finebaum and post on message boards the day before the story broke and make the announcement that a new incriminating report would be released the next day. Now, how would a common bammer know that the NY Times was printing a story about Cam and Auburn the day before it released? Call me a conspiracy theorist if you want, but something is not smelling rosy.

If I recall, athletes getting cream cheese on a bagel for free is a violation.........my point is that it probably does not take much to commit a violation. I would not worry as much with the violations and any NCAA action.

I worry more about the media spin and as A4E said, timing does not pass the smell test.

I had heard multiple times the NCAA president was an Alabama Alumni. I did some research after being called out and can't find a single person on the NCAA infractions committee that is an Alabama Alumni.

Am I miss remembering something I was told?

Can anyone clear up and let me know the rumored ties that Alabama has with the NCAA?

Thanks,

I had heard multiple times the NCAA president was an Alabama Alumni. I did some research after being called out and can't find a single person on the NCAA infractions committee that is an Alabama Alumni.

Am I miss remembering something I was told?

Can anyone clear up and let me know the rumored ties that Alabama has with the NCAA?

Thanks,

Saban's old boss Emmerit from LSU (president) is now the President of the NCAA

The head of the NCAA infractions committee (Mark something) was the AD somewhere while saban was the coach. I think it was at lsu. They are buddy buddy.

In a press conference someone asked his opinion on saban's recruiting practices and he said something to the effect that he had lots to worry about and he didn't have to worry about nick. Hence they are in first name basis

I was always interested in why the NY Times broke negative news about Auburn and why the interest so far north.

Well! The Tusc, newspaper and the Times were owned by the same company.

If I wanted to break a negative story and stay clean looking. Feed the stories to a fellow entity and let the bad press originate somewhere else. Then the local can run the story and point to the originator.

I was always interested in why the NY Times broke negative news about Auburn and why the interest so far north.

Well! The Tusc, newspaper and the Times were owned by the same company.

If I wanted to break a negative story and stay clean looking. Feed the stories to a fellow entity and let the bad press originate somewhere else. Then the local can run the story and point to the originator.

The Tuscaloosa News is no longer owned by The New York Times. Have been owned by the Haifax Media Group since January 2012.

Link

Archived