Did we make a big enough statement vs UGA?

GoAU

Will Saturday's performance be enough to break us into the top 2?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Will Saturday's performance be enough to break us into the top 2?

• Yes, without a doubt!
    • Too close to call - check with me on Monday
    • No, a good showing bu the pollster still won't bum USC or OU

What do you guys / gals think? First I think Gameday being in Auburn was huge. They gave us a ton of good publicity, as did Sports Center. Then the team made a HUGE statement on the field. Especially on a Nationally televised game with a ton of media people in attendance. We got huge credit on just about evey network I watched in the evening too.

But, will it be enough to get into the top 2?

Coaches poll won't change. I think they said Tuberville is going to be on the phone all day tomorrow campaigning for us. :)

The AP poll should be fun to see though.

Coaches poll won't change.  I think they said Tuberville is going to be on the phone all day tomorrow campaigning for us.  :)

The AP poll should be fun to see though.

121302[/snapback]

Hey Numa, why do you think the coaches poll won't change? That was the one I figured would change because they had UGA at #5. Surely they will bump AU up to #2 after the way they dominated UGA. The game wasn't as close as 24-6 made it look. Just wondering.

As for the media, most college football shows I saw today was making a very strong case for AU at #2. I think they will be #2 in both polls. Now the computer poll on the other hand.........

I was thinking that since neither of the top two lost today that the coaches won't change that. I think with all of today's hoopla, the media will put us at #2. Pretty much pointless in trying to figure out that damn computer. :)

I think we probably made up some groud in a few of the computer polls...one of them had us as low as #8 before today's game.

Monday's BCS ranking should be interesting.

I think the polls between now and after the title games are just obligatory. The voters know that they don't have to make the final decision yet - it ain't over 'til it's over, as Yogi Berra said. They've got to know that we're Orange Bowl material by now. The final poll's the only one that matters.

Once again (as it has every year since its inception,) the BCS shows that its only consistency is in generating controversy. It cannot fairly handle a situation where 3 or more teams go undefeated. Not that that hasn't been brought up before, either.

The answer does not lie in picking two teams from SC, OU & AU, or Utah & Boise State for that matter. The answer lies in acknowledging the only fair way to determine a proper NC is through a playoff -- either a 4 or 8-team format. Pick the 4 or 8 top conference winners & start the playoffs.

To answer the question: yes, AU's statement win over a previously one-loss UGA team was much more impressive than OU's win over a putrid Nebraska team. Of course, I'm biased and am under no delusions of thinking that if I was a journalist with a vote that I could magically become unbiased. :D

How can there be any doubt left after a performance like that. All I can say is, in the words of Kenny Mayne: "Let the blood of the disbelievers flow through the streets!"

Archived