Auburn LAX player stupidity in Baton Rouge

eibua12

Guys. Lax at AU is a "club". Very similar to a fraternity that plays games against similar "fraternities" from other schools a few times a year. It's funny. Would the newswriter have included the fact he was affiliated with the Chess club, debate club?

I agree but posted my topic title that way on purpose because of the article and how it was written. Just something to cling to, if the author had half a brain they would have made the Burgess connection and that in itself would have been a better tag for the story

Monkey grass reporter.

On national news this morning. "Auburn University Lacrosse player arrested."

I graduated with Zach and played sports with him all through middle and high school. He's a good guy just got in with wrong crowd and made a mistake

I understand you wanting to defend your friend, but trivializing this as a "mistake" is asinine. Turning left instead of right is a "mistake". Grand theft and kidnapping are not "mistakes". This, AT BEST, was an alcohol and/or drug-fueled lapse in judgment. At worst, your friend is a moral degenerate with no consideration for anyone but himself. If you still have any influence with him, make sure he gets help.

Wish I could have this at the top....Let it be emphasized that this is a CLUB LACROSSE player. As in, he signs up and and plays on the club team for Campus Recreation. Doesn't make it ok, but it's not like he's a student athlete at AU.

He's a lacrosse player....so what's the surprise here? And non-scholarship student playing a non-scholarship sport....might as well be a frat boy on a high after a big party. Can't see how this is news anywhere but in Alabama....and even that's a stretch IMO.

Archived