Tuberville needs to find...

rexbo

if we are going to ever play for a NC. All season he has gone in a shell once he is up by 2 scores. And now, 2 years in a row we have dominated Alabama statistically but the game still came down to an on-sides kick. He could have taken that last drive down the field and won this going away...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am all behind Tuberville; but he is not perfect, no one is, and I can disagree with a decision every now and then. Especially one that can keep a 12-0 SEC Champ out of the National Championship game...

He has an excellent point about the killer instinct. This game was not just another game. It could mean the difference in whether or not Auburn overtakes OU for 2nd in the BCS. And a 28-6 score vs. a 21-13 is dramatically different.

I didn't like the way the game was managed at all in the end.

How many times have you heard the media say, "Well, Auburn should have run up the score?" NEVER! Only Bob Stoops thinks that matters. Everyone else looks at the teams and says, "Hmmm... Auburn beat Alabama on the road in the best college football rivalry in the country. Good win!"

We whine about scoring margin. Until there is a playoff NCs will always be MNCs... all 3 teams deserve a shot, but the Big Crappy System won't allow it. Don't blame anyone by Roy "Moneygrubbing" Kramer for this mess.

Tubby should have pushed for another TD. Face it, the majority of voters only look at the final scores before they vote, and see an AU win 21-13. AU only won by 8? And the line on the game was 10pts??? Style points do matter. I would hardly call a 28-6 score running up the score. 28-6 looks A LOT better than 21-13. Plus, it wouldn't hurt my feelings to score 40+ on Bama. Bama didn't worry about running up the score when they beat us 31-7, why should we?

WDE

Uh, we were only up by 2 scores, taking that ball down the field and putting up a final touchdown would have kept this game from coming down to an on-sides kick. What do we remember and use against Oklahoma's t2close games? Oklahoma State missing a field goal at the end to tie, and A&M barely missing out on a hail mary. 'Bama being in the game in the final minute will be the story of this game, not Auburn closing them out like a #1 team should do when their defense was on the ropes. And my wife is old school Auburn, she is elated with beating 'Bama, and fussing at me for walking around the house with a scowl on my face...

Good for her...

If you take this arguement to ITAT, you will actually find some people who will listen to this.

Sorry man, 11-0 is good enough for me. I'd like to keep CTT for a while as well.

rexbo, I'll have a beer for you...we're 11-0 and going to play for an SEC title in two weeks. Life is good.

And more often than not, a Killer Instinct blows up in your face sooner olater.

We are 11-0 Enjoy it. MAny others would give anything to be here.

Good for her...

If you take this arguement to ITAT, you will actually find some people who will listen to this.

Sorry man, 11-0 is good enough for me.  I'd like to keep CTT for a while as well.

124444[/snapback]

11-0 is great. 13-0 is better. AU as the National Champs is the ultimate. This game may have cost us that opportunity. That (MNC) is CTT's stated goal right???

At halftime, I realized that a loss in this game would have been the worst in school history, should we go onto 12-1 for the season. Our team rallied and won the game against a very inspired Alabama team. Don't forget that Alabama managed only 10 offensive points against a 5-4-1 Auburn team in 1992. It's the Iron Bowl and it's the best game in College football.

Sorry guys but I will find no fault in a 11-0 regular season, when we've only produced ONE in the history of our program. I'll bet you Pat Dye would have sold his soul for a 21-13 win over LSU in 1988. When we win in Atlanta in 2 weeks, this will be the first 12-WIN Auburn team, EVER.

Should we go 13-0 and finish #2, no team will have beaten Auburn, only the current BCS system. As far as I'm concerned, our players and coaches have done everything they could to make us #1. There are factors beyond our control.

Not faulting you guys for wanting a bigger win and more points but I'm thrilled with the play of our 2004 Auburn Tigers!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

The newswriters have not chosen to treat it as Alabama being in the game in the last minute....they are treating it as an Auburn domination of the second half. There is a big difference between those two angles -- thankfully the second is winning. 11-0...with a decent win against our nemesis on their field says a lot. OU didn't look good at all again BAYLOR in the first half of their game...they should have something to be worrie about.

Maybe you guys don't remember 1983. Being screwed by the polls, after unimpressively beating Michigan in the Sugar Bowl was very painful. Bo ran all over Alabama, and I celebrated in Legion Field in the middle of tornados and thunderstorms; but I can feel the same screwing happening all over again. Monday, when I run into the 'Bama fans at work, then I will be happy. ;)

Not faulting you guys for wanting a bigger win and more points but I'm thrilled with the play of our 2004 Auburn Tigers!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

124452[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong, I am with you, this Auburn team was very impressive to come out and dominate like they did; and I have no doubt that true college football analysts understand that a great team came out in the 3rd quarter and showed why they are one of the top 2 teams in the country. The glass is 98% full, I just got my hopes up for a full glass when we started that last drive...

I will cheer up a lot if UF can show how overrated FSU is...

War Damn Eagle!!!!

I will remember this team as one of the best in AU history. We've run the table on the SEC, even if everyone says the SEC is down this year, I think everyone thinks that because we've run the table. Dammit, I'm tired of hearing how a team is over rated after we beat them. We are that good!!!!!!!!!!!! We have made all the other teams look over rated. If we don't make it to the OB, so be it. The team has gone out and played at the highest level for 11 weeks, and I expect will play just as good in the SECCG. They have given us fans a season to remember.

Will a 11-0 season not get people off CTT's back?  Geez!

124387[/snapback]

Amen and AMEN. THANK YOU COACH TUBERVILLE & T E A M !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :au:

Raven & rexbo, ... were you betting on this game or something?

The win is more important than the MOV or the stats. As long as we don't fumble or turn the ball over at the end, we win. We didn't. We gave up some meaningless yards in the stat column and won. I'm glad at least CTT recognizes what the priority is.

I said earlier in the year that the time for running up the score should have been against UK & Ole Miss because the remainder of the games wouldn't present the opportunity. I still believe that. UT in the SECCG & whichever bowl opponent won't be easy. Enjoy the moment: 11-0. :au: WDE

Wooo great game from Bama. I will give it to them for hanging in with all the injuries they have. I wouldn't hang my head at all after that effort. Auburn is a special team this year and good teams find a way to win. Thanks Coach and Thank You SENIORS for giving us a memorable season. A win is a win and I can find nothing to complain about. Let's all get rested up for our trip to the ATL. It 's Great to Be an Auburn Tiger.

:au::cheer::big:

Raven & rexbo, ... were you betting on this game or something? 

124515[/snapback]

I wasn't betting on the game, never. Beating 'Bama is more important than money. And I never thought we should run up the score; on that last drive, I thought we really needed to go down and get that score to make it 24 to 6 or 28 to 6 to make sure, absolutely sure, that this game didn't come down to the last minute, and having to recover an on-sides kick. We were only up by 2 scores, and as Auburn showed in 1972, miracles do happen. I am elated that we won, and that this team is 11-0 and SEC West Champions. But I am just a little disappointed that this particular 'Bama team took probably Auburn's best team ever to the last minute.

Archived