One Week Later and I Still Don't Feel Well....

tigerman1186

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand how being disappointed we lost the championship equals not being happy about the coaches or any other accomplishments that some are seeming to come to that conclusion

I don't understand how being disappointed we lost the championship equals not being happy about the coaches or any other accomplishments that some are seeming to come to that conclusion

Everyone is disappointed we lost. Not everyone is dwelling on the disappointment. Pointing out all the other accomplishments and looking to the future are attempts at therapy. Just trying to help.

There are a lot of threads on here that don't interest me. I don't click on them. Novel idea, I know.

Guess you couldn't stay away from this thread?

Can't stay away from the title!! :puke: :OnTheCan:

SEC Champs, we beat Bama and Georgia and Texas A&M, finished better than 120 other Div 1 teams! I love to say we beat the team that thought they were number 1 even if we did lose to the team that was #1 but held them to about 20 points less than their average and scored about 20 points more than they were giving up. Quite a good season and a strong foundation for years to come. It is all about what you focus on.

I feel like the start to my semester took a major punch with the loss. I'm still not over it. Seems like a lot of people on campups aren't over it either. I hear about the game just about every day that I'm on campus. That was our best chance. From here on out, it will be a good bit harder to make it to the National Championship with the playoff system.

I feel like the start to my semester took a major punch with the loss. I'm still not over it. Seems like a lot of people on campups aren't over it either. I hear about the game just about every day that I'm on campus. That was our best chance. From here on out, it will be a good bit harder to make it to the National Championship with the playoff system.

I think the playoffs will make it easier for us personally. instead of struggling in the NCG we will struggle slightly in the playoff because THAT will be the team that gets a month to figure out how to stop us....the team we play in the big game though will have a week I believe....sucks for them :-)

It took me a little over a week to get over the loss... felt like a major punch in the gut for that first week. Still tough to get over and it bothers me from time to time. I'm just being realistic that it sucks thinking that we could've won that game. FSU deserved to win. Not taking anything away from them. They won it fair and square. Just disappointing that we got so close and had it and blew it. Tre could've gone done before getting in the end zone. Defense could've been more prepared on the last drive. Tre could've gone left instead of right on the final play of the game and perhaps had another miracle (the angle I had in the endzone I actually said to myself "holy crap he has a lane"... not saying he would've scored, but didn't understand why he went right). Yea yea yea... the team played great... proud of them... all that mushy stuff... still would've been nice to come home with a W. Also, we won the turnover battle. That also hurts. Not like the ball didn't bounce our way (many fumbles recovered or saved). Dang special teams and got out coached. Just disappointing to think the team was so close. And paid a lot of money to see that... but I try to think of 2010 and think how wonderful it was to see a National Championship in person. Would've been nice to have seen on in the Rose Bowl is all.

It took me a little over a week to get over the loss... felt like a major punch in the gut for that first week. Still tough to get over and it bothers me from time to time. I'm just being realistic that it sucks thinking that we could've won that game. FSU deserved to win. Not taking anything away from them. They won it fair and square. Just disappointing that we got so close and had it and blew it. Tre could've gone done before getting in the end zone. Defense could've been more prepared on the last drive. Tre could've gone left instead of right on the final play of the game and perhaps had another miracle (the angle I had in the endzone I actually said to myself "holy crap he has a lane"... not saying he would've scored, but didn't understand why he went right). Yea yea yea... the team played great... proud of them... all that mushy stuff... still would've been nice to come home with a W. Also, we won the turnover battle. That also hurts. Not like the ball didn't bounce our way (many fumbles recovered or saved). Dang special teams and got out coached. Just disappointing to think the team was so close. And paid a lot of money to see that... but I try to think of 2010 and think how wonderful it was to see a National Championship in person. Would've been nice to have seen on in the Rose Bowl is all.

Sorry, I think FSU deserved that win as much as Georgia would have deserved beating us. In both instances we lead virtually the entire game and lost the lead at the very, very end. In the national title game it was with 13 seconds left after having a 3 TD lead then having a lead with 1:09 remaining. I'm obviously not over it...yet. Carry on.

Sorry, I think FSU deserved that win as much as Georgia would have deserved beating us. In both instances we lead virtually the entire game and lost the lead at the very, very end. In the national title game it was with 13 seconds left after having a 3 TD lead then having a lead with 1:09 remaining. I'm obviously not over it...yet. Carry on.

I have no problem with someone not being over it. So I hope it wasn't taken that way. But the game is played for four quarters. When I say FSU deserved to win, I mean they earned it. They took advantage of situations. Nothing was "given" to them. Also, they were winning with over 4 minutes to play. So they had the lead for more than 13 seconds the entire game. They out coached us and we didn't take advantage of key situations and also gave up big plays. Just pisses me off that we couldn't hold on to that lead. So I'm kind of not over it either. When I say it took me a week, I meant I was like really down for a week.

Just because a team comes back to win doesn't mean they don't deserve it. Auburn came back at the end against Alabama. Did Auburn not deserve that win? They were down most of the 4th quarter and didn't tie it up til 39 or so seconds and then returned a kick as time expired. Just because you win at the end doesn't mean you didn't earn it.

I have no problem with someone not being over it. So I hope it wasn't taken that way. But the game is played for four quarters. When I say FSU deserved to win, I mean they earned it. They took advantage of situations. Nothing was "given" to them. Also, they were winning with over 4 minutes to play. So they had the lead for more than 13 seconds the entire game. They out coached us and we didn't take advantage of key situations and also gave up big plays. Just pisses me off that we couldn't hold on to that lead. So I'm kind of not over it either. When I say it took me a week, I meant I was like really down for a week.

Just because a team comes back to win doesn't mean they don't deserve it. Auburn came back at the end against Alabama. Did Auburn not deserve that win? They were down most of the 4th quarter and didn't tie it up til 39 or so seconds and then returned a kick as time expired. Just because you win at the end doesn't mean you didn't earn it.

Absolutely. It's just how LONG and by how MUCH we lead UGA & FSU. Bama never accomplished either against us. But I get your point and it's well taken.

The playoff is going to make it much harder. Have you seen our gauntlet schedule? Plus we get to play a SEC championship game. Then another top 4 team in the country.Then a top 2 team in the country. That won't be easy at all. And it will actually be harder since we play tough schedule at the end of the regular season. Rather lose early than late.

What bothers me about the game is that we looked so dominate in the first half only to let the momentum shift on the fake punt. They were getting in a desperate situation when they called that and our coaching staff should have seen it coming. The other things that also really hurt us occurred in the kicking game, which had been such a strong point all year. Parkey had been kicking the ball out the back of the end zone all year and now on the biggest stage we let one get taken the distance at a critical point in the game when normally there wouldn't have been a return at all. Then there was the missed field goal and the holding call that stopped a drive inside the 20. Finally a missed tackle in the secondary, something that we had improved on dramatically this year, allowed them to get in range to win the game at the end. All those things kept them n the game, and if any one of them would have gone our way we would have won the game. I guess it is just hard to accept because we missed so many opportunities to put it away and didn't get it done.

C'mon people. It's been two weeks now. Time to move on. All the what ifs and shoulda, woulds, coulda, want change the outcome.

C'mon people. It's been two weeks now. Time to move on. All the what ifs and shoulda, woulds, coulda, want change the outcome.

Unfortunately I live in Tallahassee. Moving on isn't in the cards, it's everywhere. And Heaven forbid I wear an Auburn shirt at the gym, grocery shopping, mowing the lawn, etc.

Unlikely that we will ever get over the BCS loss, I would not expect so much out of the true Auburn fans. We celebrate the wins and mourn the losses forever. Our heart and passion is part of the Auburn lore. War Eagle.

No, we don't all "mourn" losses forever. As some of us mature we learn how to get over it quickly. Life is far too short.

Maybe reading this will help.

Famously tireless and driven as a worker, Malzahn might be working even harder this offseason.

"He's having a hard time putting it behind him," Auburn athletics director Jay Jacobs said. "It's hard to say he's more resilient now, because of how he was, but he's got the throttle pressed all the way to the floor, trying to push it through the floor. He can't get back there quick enough."

This time last year, Auburn was fighting hard to forget the disappointment of a disastrous 2012 season and what must have felt like too many losses to count.

Now, it's the Tigers' final loss that's driving Auburn into the offseason.

"I think about it a lot," Auburn assistant coach Dameyune Craig said. "It makes you work hard. That's the motivation right now, to get back. ... Even though we didn't win the game, I don't think you can lose sight of us winning the SEC Championship."

Unfortunately I live in Tallahassee. Moving on isn't in the cards, it's everywhere. And Heaven forbid I wear an Auburn shirt at the gym, grocery shopping, mowing the lawn, etc.

I find that a little surprising. From the time I spent lurking on their forums it seemed to me they were almost universally supremely cocky. Most of them were predicting a blow out.

You'd think pulling the game out in the final seconds would have sobered them up. In fact, there were a lot of complimentary posts on their forums afterwards. I would have thought you would get more respect wearing AU gear.

Maybe reading this will help.

Famously tireless and driven as a worker, Malzahn might be working even harder this offseason.

"He's having a hard time putting it behind him," Auburn athletics director Jay Jacobs said. "It's hard to say he's more resilient now, because of how he was, but he's got the throttle pressed all the way to the floor, trying to push it through the floor. He can't get back there quick enough."

This time last year, Auburn was fighting hard to forget the disappointment of a disastrous 2012 season and what must have felt like too many losses to count.

Now, it's the Tigers' final loss that's driving Auburn into the offseason.

"I think about it a lot," Auburn assistant coach Dameyune Craig said. "It makes you work hard. That's the motivation right now, to get back. ... Even though we didn't win the game, I don't think you can lose sight of us winning the SEC Championship."

Craig makes a good point. In our league, the SEC championship is still as significant in terms of accomplishment as a MNC.

Unlikely that we will ever get over the BCS loss, I would not expect so much out of the true Auburn fans. We celebrate the wins and mourn the losses forever. Our heart and passion is part of the Auburn lore. War Eagle.

No, we don't all "mourn" losses forever. As some of us mature we learn how to get over it quickly. Life is far too short.

Superiority quotes like this really piss me off. Seriously, what's the point? And the irony of using 'maturity' in your post as you deliver an unsolicited insult to a fellow fan on a message board is enough to make a preacher cuss.

Superiority quotes like this really piss me off. Seriously, what's the point? And the irony of using 'maturity' in your post as you deliver an unsolicited insult to a fellow fan on a message board is enough to make a preacher cuss.

*snicker*

Misunderstand much? To say that as some of us mature we behave a certain way doesn't indicate others aren't maturing, it just indicates they are behaving differently. My life experiences have taught me to get over it quickly, that is the point I was making. My point was in response to some goofball who indicated he wouldn't expect a "true" AU fan to ever get over such a loss.

Continuing to "mourn" the game is as helpful as peeing into a very strong wind. Jmo.

Archived