Kick 6 - now that we've seen it 1000 times...

kickemintheB3

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe this has been posted here before but this is my favorite version of the run back. It has fan reactions and the music is great. Seeing all those fans on the field after the game is amazing. Play it full screen.

Football is Awesome.

What an amazing moment, always emotional to relive that. A moment in Auburn history where the family truly felt victorious. We've said it time and time again, but that was incredible.

I believe this has been posted here before but this is my favorite version of the run back. It has fan reactions and the music is great. Seeing all those fans on the field after the game is amazing. Play it full screen.

Football is Awesome.

This one makes me smile the hardest! In my 18 years of living I think this season was by far the most magical. Auburn has the best fan base in America, and it's only going to get better for the good guys. War Damn Eagle!

My favorite part was the Auburn coach? Some person with an orange jacket on the Auburn sidelines, not on the field , block a Bammer player. The Auburn coach did not give an inch to the Bammer player, effectively cutting off a path for reintry into the play. Let me know who it was so I can give proper credit.

Couple things: in real time, I thought Davis dropped the ball before he crossed the end zone. I wanted any Auburn player to pick it up just in case. After I saw the video it's obvious he crossed well into the end zone, but it scared me to death thinking about later.

Second, therezie comes too close to the flight path. Can you imagine him tripping Davis up at the 5?

Third, for all the "referees are paid for by Bama" people, I'm not sure they all hate us or not but there were no flags on the play. What kind of mutiny would there have been if there was a flag thrown for hotdogging near the endzone? Wow

Favorite reaction is Gus. He does a little foot shuffle, raises the hands and looks back for flags, then calmly walks over to shake Napoleon's hand before getting what appears to be a French kiss from Jacobs. I kid, of course, but I think jay had a small aneurysm after that play.

Playing Crazy Train & The Crowd Noise as Davis comes away from the sidelines.

When you cant even hear the band, you know it had to intensely loud.

My favorite part was the Auburn coach? Some person with an orange jacket on the Auburn sidelines, not on the field , block a Bammer player. The Auburn coach did not give an inch to the Bammer player, effectively cutting off a path for reintry into the play. Let me know who it was so I can give proper credit.

I'll play devils advocate, that coach isn't supposed to be there. That wide white area on the sidelines is a restricted area. No player or coach is supposed to be in that area when the ball is live. Had that been an official and not a player that he got in the way of, it could have drawn a flag.

That hilarious dance one player does before the ball is snapped.

2uym15c.gif

#9 was putting his back and hips into it LOL

It's like Gary said. Alabama had all fat guys out there. They were set to protect against a block of the kick not a return. On kickoffs and punts they have fast guys out there who can pursue and maybe catch the return man. There wasn't a chance in hades anybody was going to get to Chris Davis once he got by the holder and they knew it.

Pretty cool what they've done for Big Cat Weekend:

http://www.al.com/au...of_chris_d.html

Auburn paints track of Chris Davis' Kick Six on turf at Jordan-Hare Stadium

Auburn is embracing the Kick Six again this weekend as the Tigers get ready to host a bundle of elite recruits for the "Big Cat Weekend."

The Auburn grounds crew painted an orange circle where Chris Davis fielded Alabama's missed field goal with 1 second remaining in the end zone. The crew also tracked Davis' path from end zone to end zone for the game-winning touchdown against the Tide in what is and will likely remain as one of the most amazing plays in college football history.

(Follow link for a photo)

Even out-of-state recruits who aren't yet aware of the intensity of the Iron Bowl rivalry should still get a thrill at tracing the steps of the greatest play in college football last year and one of the greatest of all time!

I love the marks they put on the field this. It tracts where Chris ran those 109 yards. It's really AUsome.

i've noticed that watching Bammer fans reactions to it on youtube is one of the simplest joys in my life....

It's the gift that keeps on giving. ;)

Had to correct a Bama friend of mine a week or so ago. He was telling someone else that they were only a miracle play away from playing in the NC game again.

My correction was: You were only a miracle play away from having to play overtime.

I think Auburn would have won the OT fairly easily. bama was out of gas and Auburn still had half a tank. They had, after all, just gone through bama's D for 70 yards and a TD as if nothing was trying to stop them.

best part is that the bammers had to watch it a thousand times as well. The rampant excuses such as, "coach interfered with the player" or "Davis stepped out of bounds" or he "blocked too hard" makes me thank God I'm not a bammer.

Coach interfered with the play? I haven't heard that one but bammers are always trying to come up with a new excuse. I'm still laughing at, "Our coach threw the game so he could get a better job/" after the 2002 game

best part is that the bammers had to watch it a thousand times as well. The rampant excuses such as, "coach interfered with the player" or "Davis stepped out of bounds" or he "blocked too hard" makes me thank God I'm not a bammer.

Coach interfered with the play? I haven't heard that one but bammers are always trying to come up with a new excuse. I'm still laughing at, "Our coach threw the game so he could get a better job/" after the 2002 game

I've heard it many times from a bunch of the sore losers on the other side. Number 29 on the bama squad took a horrible route and ended up getting burned- his route took him straight to one of our celebrating coaches who was two yards out of bounds. When I heard the excuse the first time, I thought the guy was joking but I've heard it plenty since then.

I've heard it many times from a bunch of the sore losers on the other side. Number 29 on the bama squad took a horrible route and ended up getting burned- his route took him straight to one of our celebrating coaches who was two yards out of bounds. When I heard the excuse the first time, I thought the guy was joking but I've heard it plenty since then.

So this guy took an angle that ran him into celebrating coaches? You call that an excuse? :blink:

:lmao:

AU out scored UAT 27-7 down the stretch. Take away our run back and their 99 yard pass and it's 21-0. I'd say our odds in OT were pretty good!

So this guy took an angle that ran him into celebrating coaches? You call that an excuse? :blink:/>

:lmao:/>

I thought it was a joke myself....

So this guy took an angle that ran him into celebrating coaches? You call that an excuse? :blink:/>

:lmao:/>

I thought it was a joke myself....

"Yeah, I'd have run him down for sure if those AU coaches weren't already celebrating on the field. Should have been a penalty."

Had to correct a Bama friend of mine a week or so ago. He was telling someone else that they were only a miracle play away from playing in the NC game again.

My correction was: You were only a miracle play away from having to play overtime.

I think Auburn would have won the OT fairly easily. bama was out of gas and Auburn still had half a tank. They had, after all, just gone through bama's D for 70 yards and a TD as if nothing was trying to stop them.

That was my thought even as Saban lined them up for a last second field goal attempt. My exact thoughts: "As long as this redshirt freshman kicker who has almost no real-time game experience doesn't some how get lucky on an almost impossibly long 57-yard attempt, we'll win the overtime." I didn't expect him to make the FG, but certainly wasn't expecting a 109 yard return to avoid overtime!

But had it gone to overtime:

1. As you say, I think we had a lot more left in our tank that they did.

2. How often are overtimes decided by a field goal? It was pretty obviously their FG kicking was terrible all day. I had no doubts that Cody Parkey gave us a huge edge in overtime.

3. Overtime possessions start on a short field. Our running game had momentum and was not likely to slow down, and on a short field no one needs miraculous 99-yard pass receptions to score.

4. Just taking the game into overtime gave us a big advantage psychologically. Bama's natural arrogance, their belief in a sure "3-peat" BCS championship for their "Dynasty", and their pre-game #1 ranking meant it had to be something of a shock to them to be taken to overtime. I think there had to be some self-doubts and worries on their team when they couldn't put us away in regulation. Our guys, meanwhile, had overcome many close calls throughout the year, and probably looked at overtime as just business as usual which they would handle as usual.

Archived