2015 3* QB Tyler Queen commits to AU!

RunInRed

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"I'm one of those kids that doesn't believe in decommitting," said Queen. "If you tell a coach you are committing, you need to stick to your word. I'm an honest and trustworthy person and unless something drastic happens, this is my decision."

More (Free Content) http://auburn.rivals...asp?CID=1523850

That's my favorite quote. A lot of recruits seem to feel entitled to attention, but TQ doesn't seem to be like that.

It can't be stated enough how huge of a commitment this is. The QB is the franchise of any recruiting class and to have Queen with 18 months to work on other Auburn recruits is very nice an d important, especially when you consider Auburn has already offered 10 recruits from Georgia in the 2015 class. Queen will be able to bond with these guys at the Rising Juniors Georgia bowl in December and other camps and all star events til he graduates. Another reason I think this is big is because I project Auburn to sign close to 30 with a then outgoing senior class of 25 players. Q can really help fill that huge class out.

Are we still recruiting Harris?

Yes, as well as, White. You might be getting the classes confused, Queen is the QB for the 2015signing class.

So as insignificant as it is, what are the odds that Queen earns a 5th star?

So as insignificant as it is, what are the odds that Queen earns a 5th star?

Way too early to give any kind of reasonable prognostication on that.

E. a 2015 commitments thread?

I can start it but RIR will have to put it up top like has with the others.

:wareagle: Does this kids commitment not bring more confidence in our coaches and your opinions with this staff pertaining to their recruiting...It does me!! As I have always said patience!!

Holy cow, hes 2015. I hope he just continues being him in Highschool and then beginning of his senior year, he starts thinking about college. This is nuts.

guess-what-day-it-is- lol.

Now you see? We have a QB to lead this class. We really needed this guy this early. Any other position and it would be well, not as big as the leader of the O. WarEagle TQ!!

Absolutely pumped about TQ!!! Like E stated, this has enormous potential since he will have a year and a half to help build our 2015 class.

WDE Tyler! Kid is a beast and probably grow a lil before he comes to AU.

Is there any correlation between his commitment and those if Harris/White?

Should not have much effect.

Solid pickup and we'll expect to land another commitment at same position - Harris/White. I chuckled at my co-worker when he told me Tyler reminds him of Zeke Pike. Whatever he say... :nopityA:

I imagine the leg humpers on the AJC boards will be going bonkers with the "Auburn paid for him" stuff. I haven't been there in a while so maybe this would be a good morning to check it out.

I imagine the leg humpers on the AJC boards will be going bonkers with the "Auburn paid for him" stuff. I haven't been there in a while so maybe this would be a good morning to check it out.

Was told last night that the kid threw so well at the uat camp NS asked him to his office and offered him on the spot. And ya the leghumpers are hurt over this one.

Welcome to the family Tyler! WE!!

Great highlights for what a best could be highlights of his Sophmore year of high school! Going to be fun watching him develop over the next couple of years. Hope i can make it up to one of his games during the next couple of seasons.

I think that this will be the start of a monster class. Unless the train runs off the tracks again this season, we should be looking at a great class this year and one of those "holy crap I have been waiting for this one" type of classes in 2015. It is awesome to see a top notch QB wanting to get on board 19 months before he can officially sign with us. Plus he is a coach's son. Those are usually some of the best players out there. Did I mention he's a QB?!?! I love that Gus told him to take ownership of his future class and help AU by helping himself get his class going. I believe that great things are on the horizon for us and am so eager to watch it come to light. I have also just relocated to Roswell GA and am looking forward to watching Tyler play some Friday nights in the fall. We could all be wrong and he could be a bust. Blah, blah, blah. I just don't see that. War Eagle y'all!!!

Archived