2015 3* QB Tyler Queen commits to AU!

RunInRed

I imagine the leg humpers on the AJC boards will be going bonkers with the "Auburn paid for him" stuff. I haven't been there in a while so maybe this would be a good morning to check it out.

Was told last night that the kid threw so well at the uat camp NS asked him to his office and offered him on the spot. And ya the leghumpers are hurt over this one.

This info came from a uat guy who I was with when this commitment became public. Started a whole other conversation about the uat QB situation. All I did was sit back a smile.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

War Eagle Mr. Queen!!! His comments about his commitment sounds like a intelligent young man with a good head on his shoulders and a good rearing.

I'm late to the party but this is AWESOME! Not used to being the team that gets the early blue-chip recruits but I could definitely warm up to it. If our offense shows up this season already having a solid QB in place, we are gonna get us some playmakers in 2015. Seems like a solid kid with a good family...I dont think we have to worry about a Zeke 2.0 situation.

Anywho...This one's for you UGA :boxing:

Come on down Mr Harris!

No one has mentioned that Tyler rushed for nearly a thousand yards and scored 20 TD's on the ground last season. Maybe not a true dual threat, but the kid has wheels.

No one has mentioned that Tyler rushed for nearly a thousand yards and scored 20 TD's on the ground last season. Maybe not a true dual threat, but the kid has wheels.

Those sound like dual threat numbers to me. I wonder what they use to classify the QB's as one or the other... maybe the number of designed runs? He can't be dual threat unless his team runs the zone read? Maybe it's just because he's a big white kid that usually stands in the pocket? :dunno:

With this QB commit this early I believe this class of '15 will be the one that gets the "powers" of the SEC a little nauseous. Who said it?? "We comin!"

Those sound like dual threat numbers to me. I wonder what they use to classify the QB's as one or the other... maybe the number of designed runs? He can't be dual threat unless his team runs the zone read? Maybe it's just because he's a big white kid that usually stands in the pocket? :dunno:

Haha, I don't know what they use to classify, but I'd say he's a definite threat to run. I agree with you that maybe it's that he just doesn't look the part.

Added Q's 2012 stats with a surprising tidbit to the OP. They are just above his highlight videos. Link

That is interesting. More carries per game than Pettway. Obvious that Prattville has a number os good backs in their stable.

I thought about one day possibly hearing the words "Tyler queen 2019 Heisman trophy winner" and got excited...... Then realized how old Id be and then got kinda sad,......then thought about the possibility of watching 4 years of a Heisman inning QB play at Auburn and then got excited again........

Holy cow, hes 2015. I hope he just continues being him in Highschool and then beginning of his senior year, he starts thinking about college. This is nuts.

guess-what-day-it-is- lol.

Now you see? We have a QB to lead this class. We really needed this guy this early. Any other position and it would be well, not as big as the leader of the O. WarEagle TQ!!

I stick with my statement. I am glad we have him and can see where he can be an asset recruiting for us through high school. I am just amazed how early these guys get started in recruiting. I can also see the benefit of having that decision made and not having to worry about it for the next two years (some of the best years in your life). Its just a long way away before he is on campus. He looks like a beast and seems very mature and grounded.

This kid is already special. As mentioned, his dad is the NCHS head coach and a good one at that. He started as a freshman and the locals nearly ate them alive. I remember thinking if they made it through the year he was going to be tough to handle the next three years. My daughter cheers at a nearby school in the same region and we watched him take his lumps that first year. Last year he wore us out in a 41-14 throttling. He had some really talented receivers and a very good running back last year. #12 (Borishade) that was previously mentioned will be playing at Georgia Southern this fall. They do run the read option, and if you've watched any video on him, most of those games are against very good 6A schools. The video that looks like it was shot from the moon is against McEachern and that team probably had no less than five 4.5 (or better) guys on the field. If he doesn't get hurt, he will have offers from every school in the country by the end this season. And the beauty of the whole deal is you can take his comments ("unless something drastic") to the bank.

Holy cow, hes 2015. I hope he just continues being him in Highschool and then beginning of his senior year, he starts thinking about college. This is nuts.

guess-what-day-it-is- lol.

Now you see? We have a QB to lead this class. We really needed this guy this early. Any other position and it would be well, not as big as the leader of the O. WarEagle TQ!!

I stick with my statement. I am glad we have him and can see where he can be an asset recruiting for us through high school. I am just amazed how early these guys get started in recruiting. I can also see the benefit of having that decision made and not having to worry about it for the next two years (some of the best years in your life). Its just a long way away before he is on campus. He looks like a beast and seems very mature and grounded.

You got that right and may e with his dad being his coach, that helped him wanna get it over with so he can work on mechanics and building the class he will lead one day. I believe in this kid after watching his "sophomore" film. Crazy! Gus looks to have his guy if TQ truly shuts it down from here to gulp Feb 2015 lol

Well, being that it is over a year before he can sign a LOI, I am not goanna pump quite as much sunshine as others and put him on the short list for the 2016 Heisman, but I will say I am glad to have what appears to be a very sincere and talented young man committed to us to be a future contender for the QB position.

Well, being that it is over a year before he can sign a LOI, I am not goanna pump quite as much sunshine as others and put him on the short list for the 2016 Heisman, but I will say I am glad to have what appears to be a very sincere and talented young man committed to us to be a future contender for the QB position.

Before we talk Heisman, can we make sure we've got him signing the LOI on the dotted line first? It's a LONG way to February 2015...

Before we talk Heisman, can we make sure we've got him signing the LOI on the dotted line first? It's a LONG way to February 2015...

Amen to that, people need to calm their expectations. I am sure this kid is a great player, but its not like he is going to carry AU to a national title his first season, especially since all we have right now is the word of a 17 year old guy.

Tyler Queen is the best football player that has ever lived. Upon graduating college, the President of the United States will step down so that Tyler can be the president, just to keep him from ruining pro football and sending the country into an economic and emotional depression.

He will win five (5) Heisman Trophies by being the first player to receive the award while being Redshirted his first year on campus.

Couldn't he win a sixth when he petitions the NCAA claiming he deserves a sixth year of eligibility in accordance with the new universally recognized Daniel Cobb rule. Then they could claim that in the seventh year, "He" rested.

Tyler Queen is the best football player that has ever lived. Upon graduating college, the President of the United States will step down so that Tyler can be the president, just to keep him from ruining pro football and sending the country into an economic and emotional depression.

. Get real. The chances the POTUS steps down are slim at best.

. Get real. The chances the POTUS steps down are slim at best.

A man can dream can't he?

Archived