2015 3* QB Tyler Queen commits to AU!

RunInRed

Queen throws a great ball. He is a big kid. I am guessing he will be close to 6"5" and 240 pds when he comes to AU as a freshman.

Not sure. He has a some baby fat that has to be reshaped.

I was not sure how to address this. He needs to be careful, but I think he is still growing. I do think his family is watching things very carefully now as he has committed to a major college athletic scholly. We have some terrific looking QB's lined up: Marshall, Johnson, White, and Queen. Awesome.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no worries about his body shape at this point. He will undergo a bunch of physical change between now and when he arrives. Then he will still have a year or two at least. He is in good hands.

How does everyone see the roster dynamic of QBs in the future with Marshall running the show for 2 years? Between Johnson, White, and Queen it seems like the QB position will be really crowded with talented guys. All somewhat close in eligibility.

How does everyone see the roster dynamic of QBs in the future with Marshall running the show for 2 years? Between Johnson, White, and Queen it seems like the QB position will be really crowded with talented guys. All somewhat close in eligibility.

There will be an open competition in 2015 with RS Soph JJ, RS Fresh SW, and Fresh TQ. JJ likely wins and then it's up to SW and TQ whether they want to sit likely for 2 years behind JJ or transfer.

Yeah. I love it, but it also has me a bit concerned.

Yeah. I love it, but it also has me a bit concerned.

I understand, me too. I will probably have my name drug through the muck for this but we are more than likely going to see a transfer at some point or lose a commit. Then couple all of that with the 2016 kid from Frostproof, FL having us in his top two as well. Maybe we can make it work somehow.

Honestly, not a concern right now. You go get 1 elite QB every year and let them fight it out. If one transfers, that's just a necessary casualty. We have to get used to this way of thinking if we are going to elevate to a national power.

True. Generally the one who transfers sees the lack of playing time ahead anyways. It is a good problem to have

Rumor has it that his Dad has hired Jeremy Liggins as his conditioning coach!!

:glare:/> :rollin:/> :rollin:/>

I think he tried to get Jared Lorenzon first, but he was pretty busy getting Jamarcus Russell back to his 9th grade playing shape. I believe LSU had another rotund QB. Was it Rohan Davey?

Honestly, not a concern right now. You go get 1 elite QB every year and let them fight it out. If one transfers, that's just a necessary casualty. We have to get used to this way of thinking if we are going to elevate to a national power.

I agree, I just really want the rest of our roster to catch up before we lose anyone! So if you could arrange that, TIA.

This just cracks me up a bit. Worry about the QB dyanamic 3 to 4 years from now? You guys are certainly forward thinkers! Frazier, Burns, Caudle, and Rollison(sp?). All highly ranked QBs coming out of highschool that committed to Auburn and never worked out at QB. These things tend to work themselves out.

This just cracks me up a bit. Worry about the QB dyanamic 3 to 4 years from now? You guys are certainly forward thinkers! Frazier, Burns, Caudle, and Rollison(sp?). All highly ranked QBs coming out of highschool that committed to Auburn and never worked out at QB. These things tend to work themselves out.

Agreed!

Agreed!

Oooh, allow me to apologize for 1) Being excited to begin with and 2) For wanting to hang on to our current commits.

(And I'll leave this down here: Frazier, Burns, Caudle & Rollison < Marshall, JJ, White & Queen. FWIW)

• 2 weeks later...

Just because I can; I would like to get in my "I told you so" with TQ.

When TQ enters his SR year (2014) as a 5* on at least two services, I told you so. Really I just wanted to put that out there. I can just really see him developing his body and with being a coaches son, I think the only way he isn't is if he doesn't camp at all next year and shuts down all other teams. In that case he will move up to a 95-96 (24/7) and plateau as far as rankings go.

When TQ enters his SR year (2014) as a 5* on at least two services, I told you so. Really I just wanted to put that out there. I can just really see him developing his body and with being a coaches son, I think the only way he isn't is if he doesn't camp at all next year and shuts down all other teams. In that case he will move up to a 95-96 (24/7) and plateau as far as rankings go.

Dixie, Nice! 5 Star. That would put him in elite company at the begining of his senior year.

Wait,, TQ is a 5 or are you predicting his rank? My bad I should proly research but,,,, lazy on game week

Wait,, TQ is a 5 or are you predicting his rank? My bad I should proly research but,,,, lazy on game week

Tyler Queen is a 4* composite and on 247 as well.

Ok thanks. Is he a five on any of the big three sites? And you gotta believe he has a great chance.

Ok thanks. Is he a five on any of the big three sites? And you gotta believe he has a great chance.

It's big 4 and no. 247 and ESPN are the only sites to have 2015 rankings with any depth to it.

He will have to get more consistently accurate and force the ball a bit less to be a 5*.

There will be an open competition in 2015 with RS Soph JJ, RS Fresh SW, and Fresh TQ. JJ likely wins and then it's up to SW and TQ whether they want to sit likely for 2 years behind JJ or transfer.

It looks like JJ will sit for two years. He will be too far ahead of the other two by the time they arrive. ...If that pattern holds Queen will be waiting for White to leave before he plays. Gives them all time to mature physically and learn the playbook.

Very few freshman QBS play at a high rate in the SEC, it's set up so they all can play two years each.

I hope JJ is the real deal. Same for SW and TQ. The safe mindset is nobody knows who is gonna be SEC caliber in CGM's offense. They all look better than what we've had for the past few but its wait and see time now. Good thing is our plans are loaded up and we will only get better!

Queen's North Cobb team scored 42 first half points this week and beat a traditionally good Stars Mill squad 48-7. Queen did not have a great game, but his team is off to a good start.

Archived