Former AU 3* TE Jalen Harris (Updated on Page 6)

EagleDamnWar

Update: Jalen Harris commits to AU!

Bq7pZs0CIAA_PIq.jpg

via @mickeywelsh

"I think it was the best fit for me as a person and as a football player," Harris said. "I love coach (Gus) Malzahn; he' a great coach. I was just comfortable with all of their coaches and that was a big part of my decision."

"After Alabama offered it kind of made me think for a little bit, but in the end I knew Auburn was home,"

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/06/despite_growing_up_an_alabama.html

Coaches react ...

Warrrrrrrrrrr Eagleeeeeeeeeee! Again.

@rhettlashlee

Lutz ...

1555673.jpg

Jalen Harris, TE

Montgomery, AL (St. James)

6'5 / 244 / 4.99

- Recruiters: Lashlee (P), Fountain (S)

- Attended camp and picked up AU offer 6/14/14

- Visited for A-Day

- Attended Junior Day

- Visited for the Washington State, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Georgia and Alabama games in 2013.

One other small note, Lutzenkirchen is coaching him at St. James ...

Capture.png

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, California, Cincinnati, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Nebraska, Southern Miss, Temple, Tulane, Wake Forest and Vanderbilt, among others.

247Sports: 3*

ESPN: 3*

Rivals: 3*

Scout: 3*

Hudl Highlights

14170974-mmmain.jpg

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will need some tight ends this cycle so we should be an attractive destination for kids looking for PT.

Who many are we wanting?

I believe Uzomah and Fulse will be graduating after this year. But I think with Ricky Parks returning and Chris Laye signing last week that it would be unlikely that we take more than 1--unless they find a hybrid-type athlete that could help in different ways. Just my opinion FWIW

We will need some tight ends this cycle so we should be an attractive destination for kids looking for PT.

Who many are we wanting?

I believe Uzomah and Fulse will be graduating after this year. But I think with Ricky Parks returning and Chris Laye signing last week that it would be unlikely that we take more than 1--unless they find a hybrid-type athlete that could help in different ways. Just my opinion FWIW

Also just signed Jakell Mitchell

• 4 months later...

@jalenharris9

I will be committing next Tuesday at St. James at 6. Everyone feel free to come, but space may be limited. Thank you. pic.twitter.com/Tv5AgAPjZM

who is favored? We still in the lead?

Favored by crystal ball is Bama but I doubt they take another TE in this class. He gave a top 5 a couple days ago in no order of LSU, Bama, AU, Miami, and Vandy.

I saw where he has an "offer" according to the post on the last page, but do we actually have a spot for him? Or is it all up in the air right now?

I saw where he has an "offer" according to the post on the last page, but do we actually have a spot for him? Or is it all up in the air right now?

There is a spot for him. We are taking 1 true TE in this class and that may be Harris. He has straight up blown people up at the camps he has been to the last 2 weeks at Bama, Vandy, LSU, and AU and gotten an offer at each camp.

@jalenharris9

I will be committing next Tuesday at St. James at 6. Everyone feel free to come, but space may be limited. Thank you. pic.twitter.com/Tv5AgAPjZM

When did we ever lead? I'd love to have him as I went to St James, but the question remains, will Lutz teach him how to dance?

@jalenharris9

When did we ever lead? I'd love to have him as I went to St James, but the question remains, will Lutz teach him how to dance?

According to EagleDamnWar in february,,,,there were 5 crystal balls and all to Auburn. Maybe "lead" was the wrong word ....

My CB is AU. I think Harris is a quality kid and a solid football player. Article says he earned the offer. Although I'm sure that's true, I don't think he would have actually gotten the offer if we had not struck out on the all the guys higher on the board. Williams, Gragg, Clark, Hentges, Wilkenson, Archibald, etc. Archibald was actually my favorite, but he too was way down the list. Can't blame BA for grabbing a bird in the hand with Miami rather than chance a long wait on his favorite AU.

My CB is AU. I think Harris is a quality kid and a solid football player. Article says he earned the offer. Although I'm sure that's true, I don't think he would have actually gotten the offer if we had not struck out on the all the guys higher on the board. Williams, Gragg, Clark, Hentges, Wilkenson, Archibald, etc. Archibald was actually my favorite, but he too was way down the list. Can't blame BA for grabbing a bird in the hand with Miami rather than chance a long wait on his favorite AU.

This is a deep TE class. The staff feels as good about Harris as those you mentioned after he camped here.

Gus had Tyler Queen throw to Jalen one on one. TQ said he ran good routes and had great hands. We led for a long time as he attended nearly every home game last year and has visited a half dozen times. We asked him to wait and he started getting other offers. He is still growing as well and could wind up an OL one day if TE doesn't work out. I have NO IDEA where he commits but I do think he is worth taking right now, JMHO.

Gus had Tyler Queen throw to Jalen one on one. TQ said he ran good routes and had great hands. We led for a long time as he attended nearly every home game last year and has visited a half dozen times. We asked him to wait and he started getting other offers. He is still growing as well and could wind up an OL one day if TE doesn't work out. I have NO IDEA where he commits but I do think he is worth taking right now, JMHO.

I heard TQ threw the ball with Jalen. Pretty cool.

Free per Keith Niebuhr Link

-Auburn offered last Saturday.

-He spent an extra hour in Gus Malzhan's office with his parents after camp.

-Crystal Ball likes Bama; Tide plan to take a second TE.

-Grew up a Bama fan.

-Attended all but one Auburn home game last season.

-Philip Lutzenkirchen is one of his coaches.

To me, kind of a tossup right now.

Bama

My guess too but that attending all but 1 AU game last year throws a wrench in it for me.

Guess we will find out on Tuesday....

Bama

My guess too but that attending all but 1 AU game last year throws a wrench in it for me.

Bama

Too much smoke and reporting from Bama's camp. Our beat writers are not saying anything that makes me think he's heading to AU. The fact that UA is now open to taking a second TE says it all.

Bama

Too much smoke and reporting from Bama's camp. Our beat writers are not saying anything that makes me think he's heading to AU. The fact that UA is now open to taking a second TE says it all.

Valid points. I rarely check Bama reporters say anymore. Takes too much time to wash the smell off from looking.

Archived