10 Observations vs Texas A&M

Dual-Threat Rigby

1. This is the biggest choke job in College Football history. Texas A&M hasn't won a SEC game in 2 ******* months.

TWO MONTHS

TWO MONTHS!!!!

2. Ellis Johnson is getting paid to do absolutely nothing but sit a well conditioned box and watch Auburn's defense look like complete trash week after week. Van Gorder is better than him. Ted Roof is better than him. Tuberville is better than him. CHIZIK IS BETTER THAN HIM

3. Marshall was as clutch as could be. This cant be blamed on Marshall for the most part. He lost his best receiver and one of the best overall in the 1st half and went on to make a series of clutch throws. That first fumble was his fault but the second was all on Dismukes.

4. CAP is a great back...he might get overlooked this year but he's great and did everything to help us win.

You know what, that's it, that's it, I'm trying to avoid cursing this is a family site, so I end on this.

This is one of the worst defenses I ever seen, I honestly thing even the 2012 defense would've did enough to help us win this game. This final game proves that the first half of the season was a farce and we haven't played overall play off caliber football since LSU. Might as well go ahead and look forward to next week because we're currently free falling to at least 12th or 13th. Its a shame we wasted Marshall, one of the best runners in football history and such a clutch guy to go on to lose ONE championship and not even make the CFB playoffs. When Malzahn was saying "we're gonna be 13 seconds better" he should've told the defense to be 13 games better.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Texas A&M still hasn't stopped our defense. We stopped it for them on those last 2 drives. Hopefully this will force Malzahn to do something about the defense. This is getting beyond ridiculous. It's laughable. We look like a PAC-12 or Big 12 defense. It would be amazing to see what a Gus Malzahn team would do if they had a great defense.

I understand you are upset up but I think you are overreacting.

1. Texas A&M was not as bad as everyone thought they were.

2. Our defense is awful but that is not entirely EJ's fault. Players have to execute. Players have to make tackles. D line has to be more physical. Coaches do not suit up and coaches do not play one single snap. I blame the poor execution, for the most part, on the players, not the coaches.

3. Losing Duke in the first half is NOT why the offense was unable to pull this one out. See #2 above.

4. Agree.

The sun will still rise tomorrow. Calm down.

I think "choke" is defined as not playing up to your ability for a play or a game, this D has not played well all season. So I think exposed is the appropriate term AND IT ALL STARTS UP FRONT WITH THE D LINE.

Hurtsmybrain and flunkies, gonna petition to lock this thread too? Go get another bag of Doritos while the adults talk. Ellis Johnson had Aron Taylor PRAISING him in the 4th quarter. Stattiger, please provide missed tackle numbers and D penalties for the last month. Toragirl, I am sorry Ellis is getting picked on like poor Ted Roof but...he's paid a LOTbof money to be now 11th out of 14 in SEC total defense.

2. Our defense is awful but that is not entirely EJ's fault. Players have to execute. Players have to make tackles. D line has to be more physical. Coaches do not suit up and coaches do not play one single snap. I blame the poor execution, for the most part, on the players, not the coaches.

3. Losing Duke in the first half is NOT why the offense was unable to pull this one out. See #2 above.

4. Agree.

A&M got blown ou t multiple times and had really packed in the year. We have them life by letting them stick around.Lots of if s

4. Agree.

Agree on many levels. Its definitely a defense issue, and it starts with the players for sure.

I do feel we got skrewed on the NM/CAP fumble replay, but can't honestly say we deserved to win anyway....

Hurtsmybrain and flunkies, gonna petition to lock this thread too? Go get another bag of Doritos while the adults talk. Ellis Johnson had Aron Taylor PRAISING him in the 4th quarter. Stattiger, please provide missed tackle numbers and D penalties for the last month. Toragirl, I am sorry Ellis is getting picked on like poor Ted Roof but...he's paid a LOTbof money to be now 11th out of 14 in SEC total defense.

That Dismukes thread deserved to be locked. If you think a poorly-worded insult/criticism about one of our most dedicated players in years is worthy of a thread, then you go create another.

I don't care if I get banned. Ellis needs to go! his defense is predictable and hes constantly searching for answers. Offenses are always two moves ahead of him. The offensive mistakes are unfortunate but they played good enough. The defense has gotten worse throughout the year. Constantly out of position and is getting beaten by the same plays week after week....embarrassing. A&M only beat LA Monroe 21-16 and were out gained by 100 yards. Then they come into Jordan-Hare and win! That is inexcusable!!!!

4. Agree.

A&M got blown ou t multiple times and had really packed in the year. We have them life by letting them stick around.Lots of if s

LOL !! Were you trying to say we let them stick around and that is why they won?

I hope not cause they lead the ENTIRE game. LOL

I don't care if I get banned. Ellis needs to go! his defense is predictable and hes constantly searching for answers. Offenses are always two moves ahead of him. The offensive mistakes are unfortunate but they played good enough. The defense has gotten worse throughout the year. Constantly out of position and is getting beaten by the same plays week after week....embarrassing. A&M only beat LA Monroe 21-16 and were out gained by 100 yards. Then they come into Jordan-Hare and win! That is inexcusable!!!!

I believe more than just Ellis need to be given the boot.

Ridiculous. I am ashamed of some AU "fans". It's a game. Supposed to be fun. Calm down

Guest jojo1515

Here's mine

1. Defense sucks and EJ needs to go

2. See 1

3. See 1

4. See 1

5. See 1

6. See 1

7. See 1

8. See 1

9. See 1

10. The rest of the D staff may need to go with him

Offense played ok. Marshall had a good game excluding the fumbles. The defense is terrible, has been terrible since 2009, and will be terrible until we get defensive coaches who can get top defensive recruits and develop them inti sec players.

4. Agree.

Texas A&M got shut out against Alabama and almost lost to ULM, shut up.

The defense stinks but has since 2009-under multiple coordinators and head coaches. It's not all on EJ but the buck stops there. It's getting really frustrating to think that we have to score every possession to win a game against a decent opponent.

Ellis can't control players who jump offsides. Which helped A&M immensely.

But on the other hand his defense just gave up 4 td passes to an 18 year old freshman making his first road start. Spin it how you want to but that's bad.

Ridiculous. I am ashamed of some AU "fans". It's a game. Supposed to be fun. Calm down

If you cant bemoan a loss, don't celebrate the wins. It's a message board. People venting is to be expected. Noone has called a player (besides one stupid thread). Coaches who make millions are fair game

To be a top caliber defense you need top talent. Out of our starting defense lineup, tell me who we have that will get drafted? Not sure we have any other than MA. Maybe a couple of late round draft picks but that is it. Just watch our players

Archived