Pulling for bammer this weekend

TitanTiger

Now you understand why I was pulling for MSU. I had a feeling that this was coming. We have went backwards in every phase of the game. The offense is the only part of the team that has potential to make improvements or at least match the effort in previous games. Even the playcalling is suspect at times. We call a deep pass that requires a spectacular catch when it is third and two. We run off tackle when it is third and 17. I don't understand the thinking behind that kind of play calling.

I think CGM was trying to make the offense catch a spark somewhere and get moving again. A spectacular catch could've done that. It's happened before for him. Just not tonight.

The logical thing to do is get a first down sometimes when he calls a deep pass. I have seen it on more than one occasion.

I agree with you....but that's Gus. We as fans have to take the good with the bad.

I do not see enough good to make that kind of play calling worth it and it is so frustrating to watch most of the time. Oh well.

I live in the present. Plus, we had a great QB in 2010 and a better wideout. Last year we had the power of a pass rush at times and the element of Gus being a new head coach and surprising people. Play calling has to evolve and change. A great call executed perfectly every now and then is great but more is needed.

I have said almost that exact same thing about play calling tonight. But I was explaining what I meant by my post. Besides...you can't disregard the total record of a coach when assessing his talent. Gus is still young in his career as a head coach in the SEC but he has been mostly successful. He's learning by his mistakes as well as his wins.

BTW...we had that fabulous QB at Auburn in 2010 because of Gus.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not running the score up when you cant stop any possessions. The game is won by the jimmy's and joe's, not the X's and O's. Its about a desire not to lose, a never give up attitude.

Damn, this AU '014 team... they made me pull for the bad guys and for no reason at all. I feel so violated, dad gum nasty-dirty , and in need of a stern talking to.

Damn, this AU '014 team... they made me pull for the bad guys and for no reason at all. I feel so violated, dad gum nasty-dirty , and in need of a stern talking to.

you bought into the myth that pulling for uat will help Auburn,

IT NEVER DOES

but now there will still be Auburn people that will pull for them to beat us so they can win the NC, Because it's good for the state and the conference and all that bs

idiots

you bought into the myth that pulling for uat will help Auburn,

IT NEVER DOES

but now there will still be Auburn people that will pull for them to beat us so they can win the NC, Because it's good for the state and the conference and all that bs

idiots

Yep.

Lol. If only some of us didn't have hope of and a SEC championship.....msu would have won!

Nobody ever posted that they didn't want a chance. They just couldn't embrace bammer....didn't think it would work out for Auburn. Turns out they were right.

That was the only way it was going to come this year and what if we won? Not one of you that's saying I was right would be saying man I should have pulled for them.

Oh I see you edited....nobody in this thread said embrace bammer. Not one.

Lol. If only some of us didn't have hope of and a SEC championship.....msu would have won!

Nobody ever posted that they didn't want a chance. They just couldn't embrace bammer....didn't think it would work out for Auburn. Turns out they were right.

I don't think anybody was necessarily embracing Alabama. In reality between MSU and the turds, it's six of one, half a dozen of the other. I'll never forgive Mullen or MSU for all the bs we had to put up with in 2010. They were butthurt because Cecil didn't take their money and send Cam to them.

That was the only way it was going to come this year and what if we won? Not one of you that's saying I was right would be saying man I should have pulled for them.

I think a lot of posters didn't think AU would beat GA. That seems to be the point you keep missing. So....why pull for bammer?

I don't think anybody was necessarily embracing Alabama. In reality between MSU and the turds, it's six of one, half a dozen of the other. I'll never forgive Mullen or MSU for all the bs we had to put up with in 2010. They were butthurt because Cecil didn't take their money and send Cam to them.

It was posted in a somewhat sarcastic manner....

I'm the type of guy where I don't care about bammer, I just like us being champs. I came up watching us beat them 6 times in a row I don't suffer from any type of inferiority lil brother complex. Whatever that help us it's all that matters to me. I don't care enough about them to be on some I hate them and if they were playing terrorist I'm rooting for the terrorist stuff. That's just crazy to me but to each their own I don't pass judgment either, we all have our own little quirks or whatever

I think a lot of posters didn't think AU would beat GA. That seems to be the point you keep missing. So....why pull for bammer?

Lol. Ok. Well there are plenty of posts explaining it, I guess you're missing that point. I guess it's weird seeing a sunshine pumper taking your stance

It was posted in a somewhat sarcastic manner....

ok gotcha :hellyeah:

Lol. Ok. Well there are plenty of posts explaining it, I guess you're missing that point. I guess it's weird seeing a sunshine pumper taking your stance

Nobody wanted to post that doubt. I love Auburn but I also know that this is not our year. Don't mistake the difference.

Nobody wanted to post that doubt. I love Auburn but I also know that this is not our year. Don't mistake the difference.

I'm sorry, difference in what?

I'm sorry, difference in what?

The difference between a "sunshine pumper" and someone who can see that this team is not great but loves Auburn anyway and will still love Auburn no matter what. A sunshine pumper is a fan who cannot see what's going on.....ever. That's not me.

Archived