Defensive Coordinator Diiscussion

DyeHardAllTheWay

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This would seem to support the thought that he will bail as soon as a viable head coaching opportunity arises. Maybe better to move on now to someone who will be here 2-4 years.

This would seem to support the thought that he will bail as soon as a viable head coaching opportunity arises. Maybe better to move on now to someone who will be here 2-4 years.

I tend to agree. I really like Muschamp, but I'm thinking now get someone young and aggressive that can really relate to the kids.

"summary of (JGTs) latest update without copy/pasting

says he's surprised right now

says his person at Houston seems to think they're hiring the Ohio State assistant and that Muschamp isn't a major player over there

Pitt might come open if Chyst goes to Wisky and Muschamp might be interested

Auburn appears like it might be a fall back plan if he misses HC jobs

Says if Muschamp decides to not be a HC, he will be at Auburn"

If that is his plan then its time to move on. Go find someone who really wants to be the DC here.

I agree 100%, If he wants to be an Auburn Tiger would love to have him, but we should not be someone's last option. He knows what it's like...but anyway EVERYDAY IS A GREAT DAY TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER

says his person at Houston seems to think they're hiring the Ohio State assistant and that Muschamp isn't a major player over there

If that is his plan then its time to move on. Go find someone who really wants to be the DC here.

Yea if that's true I don't see Malzahn screwing with it anymore. Hire Odom. Up and coming guy with something to prove. If it's true that is.

If you mention another 3-4-4- guy I am going to put you in a figure four.

I think WM may have until midnight to sign our offer. If not we move on. This is all speculation on what I believe to be credible sources.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooh Yeah!!!

Yea if that's true I don't see Malzahn screwing with it anymore. Hire Odom. Up and coming guy with something to prove. If it's true that is.

I think I would like him also..

I'm going to sound incredibly immature or "woe is me" here, or whatever you want to call it. I'm tired of this. If what Tate says is true, that we're a fall back plan... forget him. Now, even if they hire him it's not going to be nearly as satisfying. If he comes in, everyone will know he doesn't really want to be here. If what Tate says is true; it almost makes me sick. The best defensive units in the country are almost always down south, in and around the SEC. We were given a perfect opportunity here to go big or go home, and it's looking to be the latter. I just don't understand how that evil monster up north can jump around, rotating his staff almost yearly, and consistently be No. 1 year in and year out, yet we can't even get a top teir D-Coord,? WHAT!? This is AU. The loveliest little village, that I know and love down to the very deep core of my soul, and this dude acts like we're Bama-lite? We've got one of the greatest offensive minds known to man, and WM doesn't want to work here because it's a hurry up offense? I thought he was the man? What difference should it make to WM if it's a hurry up? If you're that good, come and prove it. Hire who you want Malzahn... I'll be in my corner...

rant over.

If no CWM, I'd rather hire Shannon than Odom and could probably do so at a price point around what CEJ was making.

and we would be better off down the road

I do not think we have even spoken to Shannon.

"Per PM re contract

Everyone who needed to sign off on it has signed off. Muschamp has an offer that includes mutually agreed upon terms. Its a matter of whether he takes it. As I've said, they expect an answer tonight. That could mean 6 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. or whatever."

that stresses me out man

"or whatever"

this made me start singing some Steely Dan ... "Mistah whatever ... all those little pretty ones ... We gonna get down tonight ... The magnificent one ... The one and only one ... Mr. Steely dan and whatever ...

In my best drunken stooper voice.

Gonna be a shame this weekend when all of those recruits realize Coach Malzahn is sitting on a decision to hire a guy and they won't get to meet their new D-Cord.

So we've been negotiating for a week, terms are finalized and formal contract is signed by AU and rushed to Muschamp camp today for signature. Meanwhile, early in the week he interviewed for UH job and when it appeared he was not a top candidate he settled for AU. Now Pitt has opened up and he isn't signing quite yet.

You know Pearl could have had plenty of offers but he jumped on our offer immediately. If WM doesn't want to be DC at a top program in the sec which has played in title game twice in the past four yrs, let's move on. We need someone who wants to be here. I have to think that Gus is not going to keep this craziness going

Archived