Baylor issues UPDATE - Baylor fires football coach Art Briles

AU64

Not appointing someone to head the U's titleIX compliance, in no way gives Baylor cover for his actions...

I just dislike what he did and how he handled it...........Imagine how those girl's feel, how those dad's feel and family members feel...

Po lil ol' Briles is not now and will never be a victim............Those girls were and to further his football program he covered it up. To hell with him.

I know you're angry, but that doesn't trump the law.

Watch Bridge of Spies. Have to be fair according to law in every situation.

He is head coach. It's like a CEO of a company. It's his responsibility.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Settlement negotiated apparently.

Guess that means that AB is free to move along to some desperate school who is willing to look past these "allegations" in order to develop a winning football program.

Over or under.....will he have a new job by end of this season? ....... though I expect even ESPN would not touch him for a while,

Give him 2 years of sitting back before a desperate school goes after him IMO. Time is going to need to wash the stink off of him for right now

Settlement negotiated apparently.

Guess that means that AB is free to move along to some desperate school who is willing to look past these "allegations" in order to develop a winning football program.

Over or under.....will he have a new job by end of this season? ....... though I expect even ESPN would not touch him for a while,

I fully expect a show cause to be handed down at some point. Even the NFL wouldn't touch him as an assistant coach. I'd say he should get another shot somewhere eventually. Maybe two or three years away from the game will give him a new perspective and make him operate a program with integrity. He'll only get one more chance. He effs up again and his career is over.

Interesting idea on radio today. Imagine Spurrier in that job for a year with their talent. Too late now of course but I bet 100% of fans would have loved it.

Interesting idea on radio today. Imagine Spurrier in that job for a year with their talent. Too late now of course but I bet 100% of fans would have loved it.

Meh. Maybe in his prime.

Meh. Maybe in his prime.

he would have never done it in his prime. This is a unique situation where they need a quick temporary fix and he is retired but not out of the question to consider another short challenge. My point is you have a talented team and need a short term coach; do you prefer Grobe or the old ball coach?

Meh. Maybe in his prime.

he would have never done it in his prime. This is a unique situation where they need a quick temporary fix and he is retired but not out of the question to consider another short challenge. My point is you have a talented team and need a short term coach; do you prefer Grobe or the old ball coach?

Can't see the old ball coach doing something like this...he's retired and this temporary HC job sounds more like a charity response by Grobe. ...who will come in an basically leave things alone for the year.

I'm sure he's getting well paid but Baylor is fortunate to get a guy like Grobe....keep his mouth shut (as opposed to Spurrier) and just go about his business.

A lot of people thought Bobby Petrino would end up sitting out a year or two before somebody decided to take a risk on a bad character guy. WKU decided they needed a coach and would deal with the backlash. I think the most that Briles misses will be this upcoming season.

A lot of people thought Bobby Petrino would end up sitting out a year or two before somebody decided to take a risk on a bad character guy. WKU decided they needed a coach and would deal with the backlash. I think the most that Briles misses will be this upcoming season.

You might be right. And whatever school that hired him would deserve every bit of the backlash they get. But there is a difference with Briles, which is that he facilitated the endangerment of students by his players. Petrino, to my knowledge, has more or less kept his players' names out of the papers and only been dangerous to the engagements of coworkers...

I hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question, but i still haven't heard specifically what did he do that was so bad? i understand that some players did some things but what did he do? i am not being confrontational, just uninformed, but maybe someone can explain what actually transpired within the program? Thanks :dunno:

I hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question, but i still haven't heard specifically what did he do that was so bad? i understand that some players did some things but what did he do? i am not being confrontational, just uninformed, but maybe someone can explain what actually transpired within the program? Thanks :dunno:

He covered it up.

Short story: Briles knew about his players raping women- like, multiple players and multiple women- and swept it under the rug.

Here's a fairly comprehensive breakdown.

Short story: Briles knew about his players raping women- like, multiple players and multiple women- and swept it under the rug.

Here's a fairly comprehensive breakdown.

Thanks for helping me understand this whole thing better

Did he cover it up the same way that Paterno covered up the Sandusky stuff? or did he just not do anything? (maybe a wait and see if true approach)

It sounds somewhat similar, but I don't remember enough about the Paterno/Sandusky situation to know for sure. Honestly, I don't handle that stuff well and sometimes block out specifics.

Did he cover it up the same way that Paterno covered up the Sandusky stuff? or did he just not do anything? (maybe a wait and see if true approach)

It sounds somewhat similar, but I don't remember enough about the Paterno/Sandusky situation to know for sure. Honestly, I don't handle that stuff well and sometimes block out specifics.

Sleezy business for sure but JoPa .....that was awful....a member of his staff was the perp and it was going on for years and the guy (Sandusky) never got fired or penalized in any way....not even removed from the exposures......and the top admin just swept it under the rug.

Best I can tell, Briles just looked the other way on behalf of his player(s) but the PSU situation...in my view...was a hundred times more egregious.

Sleezy business for sure but JoPa .....that was awful....a member of his staff was the perp and it was going on for years and the guy (Sandusky) never got fired or penalized in any way....not even removed from the exposures......and the top admin just swept it under the rug.

Best I can tell, Briles just looked the other way on behalf of his player(s) but the PSU situation...in my view...was a hundred times more egregious.

yea paterno asked Sandusky not to bring kids on campus any more but didn't alert his sickness or prevent his access to kids away from campus. I still am not sure what briles did or didn't do. I will take the links one day.

Archived