2017 3* JUCO OT D'Marcus Hayes

RunInRed

Picked up an AU offer (5/04/16) ...

Blessed to have received an offer from The University of Auburn1f405.png #wareagle 203c.png

@Dmarcushayes78

12509287_1171747336172182_2931175434921048909_n.jpg

D'Marcus Hayes, OT

Madison, MS (via MGCCC)

Ht: 6'6 | Wt: 320

• Class of 2017
  • December graduate
  • Will have 3 years to play 2
  • Recruiter: Herb Hand

247Sports: NR

Rivals: NR

Scout: 3*

Offers: Arkansas, Auburn, Cincinnati, Florida, Jackson State, Louisiana-Lafayette, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, Mississippi State, South Florida, Southern Miss, Troy and UAB, among others.

ChtrEEwVIAAE5P9.jpg

Hudl Highlights

Hopefully we can out recruit University of Auburn and get them to come to Auburn University instead.

This joke is sooooo old! Please stop.

Hopefully we can out recruit University of Auburn and get them to come to Auburn University instead.

I think we should have one coach recruit them to the University of Auburn and another to Auburn University. Then we have twice the chance of landing them.

8 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

CBs for AU & an expected commit this week. Any thoughts on when to expect something?

Ummm. Was expected to go public 4 days ago. Haven't heard anything since.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Ummm. Was expected to go public 4 days ago. Haven't heard anything since.

Any chance the staff asked him to hold off? I am not typically big on wanting juco lineman, and this one being a 3 star has me a bit worried. I don't always trust the star ratings and this kid may not have had a ratings update in a while.

31 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Any chance the staff asked him to hold off? I am not typically big on wanting juco lineman, and this one being a 3 star has me a bit worried. I don't always trust the star ratings and this kid may not have had a ratings update in a while.

Possible I guess.

42 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I hope so. Not to knock this kid but he isn't a immediate impact player in the SEC. 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I hope so. Not to knock this kid but he isn't a immediate impact player in the SEC. 

Since the staff likes him at Guard & tackle could the staff think he can beat guards we have behind Kozan & Braden since 1 & maybe both leave after this year?

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Since the staff likes him at Guard & tackle could the staff think he can beat guards we have behind Kozan & Braden since 1 & maybe both leave after this year?

I don't think he can. And Kozan & Braden are thinking about leaving early? LoL. :laugh: 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I don't think he can. And Kozan & Braden are thinking about leaving early? LoL. :laugh: 

Alex is graduating silly and there was talk of Braden leaving possible before the Clemson game.

I'd put money on Kozan applying for and getting the medical redshirt. If the first game is any indication he would be making a bigger mistake than Avery Young by trying to leave early

6 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I'd put money on Kozan applying for and getting the medical redshirt. If the first game is any indication he would be making a bigger mistake than Avery Young by trying to leave early

Unless he gets hurt he will have played the last 2 seasons. Only reason I see him staying is if he has not finished his masters yet & let's AU finish paying for it while he plays here.

Just now, ellitor said:

Unless he gets hurt he will have played the last 2 seasons. Only reason I see him staying is if he has not finished his masters yet & let's AU finish paying for it while he plays here.

I had forgotten he had redshirted his true FR season. Even with that though, after next season can't he apply for an additional year of eligibility? I'd be surprised if he doesn't try to get another year to prove his back can hold up before giving a shot to the NFL. But I've been wrong before. Many times lol

11 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I had forgotten he had redshirted his true FR season. Even with that though, after next season can't he apply for an additional year of eligibility? I'd be surprised if he doesn't try to get another year to prove his back can hold up before giving a shot to the NFL. But I've been wrong before. Many times lol

Yes he can as was addressed. I just think since he will have played 2 straight years, if he is done with his masters degree he will go ahead & leave & pursue football or a career in his degree field.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes he can as was addressed. I just think since he will have played 2 straight years, if he is done with his masters degree he will go ahead & leave & pursue football or a career in his degree field.

Gotcha thanks. Reading comprehension is not my strong suit on Friday morning :)

Archived