LSU post game thread

Auburn2Eugene

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

What I think is that you may well have been happier if our Tigers had lost.

I believe that it would have been better for us. I love to win. But id rather win seasons. Not a few games against a few bad teams. Being content with beating weak conference teams is senseless.

The way that game went and how the points were scored makes me feel that was a coffin game for the losing coach. Miles may have had his last nail. 

1 minute ago, CleCoTiger said:

Can all the "Fire Malzahn now!" crowd at the end of the game thread please step up and retract? It wasn't a high powered offensive game by either team. What it reminded me of really was old school football with an old school AU defense, and personally, I FREAKIN' LOVED IT!  (Well, I loved it after LSU's bogus score at the end was reversed.)

C'mon man Gus, and Rhett still crapped the bed with dumb play calling at times.,especially in the redzone. Happy for our kids, but all this proves is we have a pretty good defense, and we don't suck on offense quite as bad as LSU does. 

Just re-watched the final play again. Not only did they not get the snap off, but he was at least a yard and a half to 2 yards beyond the line of scrimmage when he threw the ball.

I simply can't believe the SEC officials missed the fact that he was beyound the line of scrimmage. Rewatch it if you can, it's really not even close.

3 minutes ago, cammycam2 said:

*steps up* do you think we just beat a good lsu team? Our defense played great but our offense is absolute garbage. The OL looks confused against anyone that shows any sign of ability to pass rush. I will say it again, just to spite YOU for calling me out. We did not deserve to win that game. Our coaches didnt deserve to get a win there. Our players deserve it, if for no other reason than that they have had to endure gus's crap for too long. we won. And im glad for it. But if you think this game changes anything, then there is no hope for you

I think we deserve to win the game but it certainly doesn't end the discussion. We simply have to find a way to get TDs. I don't think SW did anything bad tonight to fault him in the RZ but our OL simply are not winning battles down in the RZ enough. I know many will disagree but we're going to have to start getting more creative down in the RZ and i don't think creative means the WildCat. This is truly where we can use JF3 IMO along with KJ inside the 10 if we can't find ways for SW to get the ball in the endzone. First the WRs need to help SW out and catch the dang ball so again...i hope no one faults SW for lack of RZ TDs. IMO it's all about the OL down there and they're not winning battles consistently for us to be successful.

3 minutes ago, cammycam2 said:

*steps up* do you think we just beat a good lsu team? Our defense played great but our offense is absolute garbage. The OL looks confused against anyone that shows any sign of ability to pass rush. I will say it again, just to spite YOU for calling me out. We did not deserve to win that game. Our coaches didnt deserve to get a win there. Our players deserve it, if for no other reason than that they have had to endure gus's crap for too long. we won. And im glad for it. But if you think this game changes anything, then there is no hope for you

Exactly. CleCo... You can call us stupid or whatever you want. Doesn't change the fact that Daniel Carlson and our fantastic D won that game for us. Offense did move the ball some, but still the same bull**** play calling. We should've won that game by 3 TDs. We damn sure had the opportunities, but ignorant play calling resulted in 6 FGs. I've defended Gus for 2 years, but I'm done. I'm happy for the team and extremely proud of the players for playing their guts out. That's about all I can enjoy about this game. We have a TEAM...I'll give Gus credit for keeping the guys united, but that's it.

Obviously we don't know where the eyes of the line judge are when he throws the ball. But the line judge was there, staring at the play and didn't throw his flag.

11 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Can all the "Fire Malzahn now!" crowd at the end of the game thread please step up and retract? It wasn't a high powered offensive game by either team. What it reminded me of really was old school football with an old school AU defense, and personally, I FREAKIN' LOVED IT!  (Well, I loved it after LSU's bogus score at the end was reversed.)

Well I'm glad you liked it, but if we had lost I doubt there'd be a single person NOT calling for Gus's job. Not saying I'm one of those people, but IMO that was an awful game that we could have lost if they had gotten the ball off in time. Gus didn't help himself at all tonight if you ask me

10 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

This still doesn't settle anything. I'm just glad we have a good defense that can step up and carry us to a win. I'm very happy for the win for sure but it only tables the discussion for a little while. All the credit in the world to players how the gutted this game out and won.

True but some fundamental mistakes by the AU players made the game much closer than it should be. Coaches get blamed for calling bad plays when the players fail to execute......not sure about the logic of that.    

And LSU was ranked in the top 20 so it was not like we were playing some FCS team.

4 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

C'mon man Gus, and Rhett still crapped the bed with dumb play calling at times.,especially in the redzone. Happy for our kids, but all this proves is we have a pretty good defense, and we don't suck on offense quite as bad as LSU does. 

The story of the game was not the play calling but the crappy red zone offense. Offense moved the ball tonight. Defense and Carlson won the game

Archived