2nd most important offensive play from the other night....

tigerman1186

To me the 2nd most important play of the night was a 3 yard pass completion to Ryan Davis on our second possession in the game...it was 3rd and 2 and if we hadn't got a 1st down, then we would have punted it back to Ark. and who knows what would have been different....after the 1st down, we went down and scored (a big 40+ yard run by Sean White) that was the beginning to drive a stake into Ark. (The most important play, was the jet sweep by Stove)...

BUBBAS TRUCK RUN OVER THE WOULD BE TACKLER AT THE 3 YD LINE TIES WITH THE NAKED BOOT BY WHITE...IMHO

17 hours ago, 1913-14 said:

BUBBAS TRUCK RUN OVER THE WOULD BE TACKLER AT THE 3 YD LINE TIES WITH THE NAKED BOOT BY WHITE...IMHO

Reminded me of Cam Newton/Ronnie Brown

17 hours ago, 1913-14 said:

THE NAKED BOOT BY WHITE

Can't speak to the importance of this, but I LOVED how for the first time this year he really sold a fake and EVERYONE bought.  That was our 2009 offense bread and butter.  If we can build on that, it will really help our passing attack.

Gus had been working the last 2 years towards the first snap of the Arky game. He had been running our backs directly into the back of our guards for this exact moment. After 20 games of first down runs up the middle he finally faked it and ran the sweep. We had 2 blockers on 2 defenders on the outside and it was over from there. #thelongcon

Just now, Tiger said:

Gus had been working the last 2 years towards the first snap of the Arky game. He had been running our backs directly into the back of our guards for this exact moment. After 20 games of first down runs up the middle he finally faked it and ran the sweep. We had 2 blockers on 2 defenders on the outside and it was over from there. #thelongcon

This is a very well conceived and realized post. The hashtag at the end is like the limoncello at the end of a really killer meal in Italy. Dang, Tiger, now I owe you 2 drinks. 

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This is a very well conceived and realized post. The hashtag at the end is like the limoncello at the end of a really killer meal in Italy. Dang, Tiger, now I owe you 2 drinks. 

haha I appreciate it sir, I'm out of likes somehow but your simile game is on another level :cheers:

I agree the second most important play was the pass to Davis. Why? because I hate 3rd down and short, and then the pass is a deep ball with a very low % of completion. I love it when this offense at times, just moves the chain for a first down, THEN it executes the big play.

That is why i like SW as our QB. He does execute the short passing game very well. 

P.s. My NFL team, the Steelers learned this under OC Haley too, and made BR a better QB. Under Arians as OC, we would always sling it downfield regardless of down and distance. Glad he is in AZ

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Can't speak to the importance of this, but I LOVED how for the first time this year he really sold a fake and EVERYONE bought.  That was our 2009 offense bread and butter.  If we can build on that, it will really help our passing attack.

This was the play that I loved as well. He never keeps and he did twice in this game. Really broke some tendencies. 

it was important for that exact reason

7 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

we are really improving...

Archived