Men vs. Eastern Kentucky - Game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad we came back and took the lead at the half.  Those colonels are feisty. For those that didn't see it.  Cam just dropped a teardrop at the end of the half to take a 20-3 lead over the Saints.  Beautiful touchdown pass and catch with Ted Ginn.  Ok .. now back to your regularly scheduled programming. 

First action I've got to see yet this year. I sure hope this is an off night. We look pretty rough in many areas. Get out of position on D, don't move well as a team without the ball, don't do much passing at all. A whole lot of one man to the basket whether it's open or not, free throw shooting poor.. all against a below average team.  Am I missing something?  Are we that off tonight?  Had a nice run at the end of the half, but there was a solid 10 minute run of all around poor play. Do we just need to gel as a team to prevent long slumps?  Looks concerning to me, but as I said, I haven't seen the other games. 

Yep had to face a little adversity.  I know this game is part of the Cancun Challenge, but is it tourney style right now.  If E. Kentucky wins, does it effect anything in regards to the tourney? 

27 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I would go to every game I could if I was in the area. The number of empty seats hurts my heart.

$20 for nonconference cupcake at 8:00 on a school night doesn't help.

8 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Yep had to face a little adversity.  I know this game is part of the Cancun Challenge, but is it tourney style right now.  If E. Kentucky wins, does it effect anything in regards to the tourney? 

No, ever tournament doesn't really start until they get to Cancun. There are 2 separate brackets and AU and E. Kentucky are in separate brackets.

Harper driving to the basket and gets fouled.  shooting 2.  1st good.  2nd no good.  Eastern Kentucky loses the ball out of bounds on the rebound.  Auburn ball.

AU just isn't getting back on defense quickly enough. EKU has gotten a lot of transition baskets with AU just not getting back in position in time. 

Brown gets a defensive rebound and is fouled.  Auburn in the bonus at the 13:09 mark   1 and 1 FT good.  2nd good.   50-46

Archived