2017 3* WR Tamorrion Terry

ellitor

UGA already has 4 highly ranked WRs committed, so you would think it's a AU/FSU battle. Is Terry still on for OV 1/13?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, autan said:

UGA already has 4 highly ranked WRs committed, so you would think it's a AU/FSU battle. Is Terry still on for OV 1/13?

UGA is wanting too to if he can qualify.

There's been no new update since AU 247 posted he would visit this weekend.

I wouldn't doubt it if KS takes a page out of NS book, grabbing anyone in GA that Auburn truly wants.

The kid looks good.  The more receivers the better.

super job kodi. keep it up..............

Yeah Kodi! You totally should've gotten commitments from a guy that, by most accounts, we haven't given a firm offer due to grade concerns! You're a bum, Kodi!

Just now, mcgufcm said:

Yeah Kodi! You totally should've gotten commitments from a guy that, by most accounts, we haven't given a firm offer due to grade concerns! You're a bum, Kodi!

so your saying if he was going to qualify then kodi totally would of beaten out fsu? I have my doubts........

If he were going to qualify, we would've had a firm offer. Who knows what would happen after that? The fact is, FSU was the first team to offer, and they were more willing to roll the dice on losing a countable spot. We weren't. That's not Kodi's fault.

Just now, mcgufcm said:

If he were going to qualify, we would've had a firm offer. Who knows what would happen after that? The fact is, FSU was the first team to offer, and they were more willing to roll the dice on losing a countable spot. We weren't. That's not Kodi's fault.

so your saying you are impressed with kodis recruiting ability this go around?

I'm saying we started this cycle targeting 1-2 WRs for this class. With that in mind, I question whether he was ever going to wow us this year.

I'm not even arguing that Kodi is a great, very good, or even good recruiter. I'm just saying the criticism in this instance is completely unwarranted.

13 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Had a firm offer if his grades were good. Same from FSU and uga. Guess his grades are good. Kodi got beat. 

12 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

No. 

Can't be no to all of it. FSU was definitely the first to offer. That's been widely reported. If he got beat, he got beat. I'll still say judging Kodi on this class (when we were only looking to sign 1-2) is more than a little unfair. To each their own.

1 hour ago, mcgufcm said:

Can't be no to all of it. FSU was definitely the first to offer. That's been widely reported. If he got beat, he got beat. I'll still say judging Kodi on this class (when we were only looking to sign 1-2) is more than a little unfair. To each their own.

And given he's recruiting for a HC that for him throwing the ball to WRs is like pulling teeth sometimes. Kodi may not be a good recruiter but it's hard to tell since Gus doesn't give him much to work with.

Yes CDC was amazing last year but there aren't many recruiters out there that can sell getting WRs to playing in a heavy run O.

1 hour ago, mcgufcm said:

Looks to be right based on this from Keith.

Am told he probably will have trouble qualifying. Juco seems to be the most likely path.

Auburn really likes Terry's ability a lot. He's a stud, no doubt. Big kid with great leaping ability.

Coaches at his school have some ties to the Sunshine State. That certainly didn't hurt FSU.

But again, from what I've heard in the past few days he could have a hard time qualifying. If he doesn't make it, I'm sure we'll hear his name again down the road. Very, very talented player.

54 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Auburn's recruiting is tanking faster than Alabama ' s performance in the fourth quarter of the title game.

:party:makes me so happy..........................really:ucrazy:

31 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Sure is. 8th in the nation & 4th in the SEC is downright embarrassing I tell ya!

Yes, we are 8th at the moment, but we will be passed by several schools on signing day. Gus has made a living with strong finishes on signing day, but this will not be one of those years. We are already out of the running for most of the highly rated recruits that we normally would have closed strong with. At this moment, the highest rated recruit that we will land on or before signing day will be Ryan Johnson or Tyler Taylor. The rest will likely be 3*s. 

Losing Craig & McGriff in back-2-back years really hurt us. Gus better figure out what he's going to do in Georgia. The leg-humpers are closer to walling off their state than they've ever been. Kirby Smart knows how to beat Gus on the recruiting trail and he's absolutely killing it this year. We desperately need another big-time recruiter on this staff. I see us finishing in the 12-15 range.

1 hour ago, CameronCrazy said:

Yes, we are 8th at the moment, but we will be passed by several schools on signing day. Gus has made a living with strong finishes on signing day, but this will not be one of those years. We are already out of the running for most of the highly rated recruits that we normally would have closed strong with. At this moment, the highest rated recruit that we will land on or before signing day will be Ryan Johnson or Tyler Taylor. The rest will likely be 3*s. 

Losing Craig & McGriff in back-2-back years really hurt us. Gus better figure out what he's going to do in Georgia. The leg-humpers are closer to walling off their state than they've ever been. Kirby Smart knows how to beat Gus on the recruiting trail and he's absolutely killing it this year. We desperately need another big-time recruiter on this staff. I see us finishing in the 12-15 range.

Yes. Said much more eloquently than my post but this is what I would have said if I were as good with words as you are. 

2 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Yes. Said much more eloquently than my post but this is what I would have said if I were as good with words as you are. 

This is true. if more people would take off their orange and blue glasses they would see this will not be the typical gus close that he always has. I bet we do not finish in the top 10 for the composite. The only 2 big time recruits we MAY feel good about is Tyler Taylor and Ryan Johnston. The rest are longshots for the elite recruits. The bubble was going to burst sometime. You cannot have 3 consecutive seasons like we did and not have it negatively affect recruiting. Having said that if Mcgriff could of stayed this class would really look better on paper. We needed those 2 four star safety guys.

Archived