SIAP, Bama Pick Play

MDM4AU

4 hours ago, MDM4AU said:

Clemson's game-winning TD vs ? It's a similar pick/rub play the Tide used to beat in OT in 2014.

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/818694492886888448/video/1

Yep. And the DB for the turds tackled the wide receiver before he could even run the other guy. Those people complaining need to open their eyes. It back fired on the turds. 

Saban runs pick plays all the time.  In the 2009 Iron Bowl he ran them on consecutive third and longs in their final drive.  Karma.

3 hours ago, im4aual said:

Saban runs pick plays all the time.  In the 2009 Iron Bowl he ran them on consecutive third and longs in their final drive.  Karma.

Was just about to say they have no right to complain they are very familiar with pick plays.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Was just about to say they have no right to complain they are very familiar with pick plays.

They have no right to complain about any penalties as far as I'm concerned. Bama seems to get away with way more than is called against them. Saban is the Bobby Knight of football. Refs seem intimidated by him. 

No one ever accused the typical Bammer of having a good memory.  Or quality math skills.  :zapbama:

21 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Said this in another thread.

I heard this guy on the Joe Rogan show saying that he ate boogers out of habbit from his cocain snorting days. Said he would wake up to find a big frosted booger every morning and eat it to start his day off right. Maybe sark has other habits besides drinking.

Joey Diaz

24 minutes ago, finxster said:

Joey Diaz

Ok, yeah. I actually liked the show which I really didnt think would happen with Rogan at the helm. Joey had some pretty good stories to tell though, haha. Pretty disgusting, some of them, but he had me interested. 

On 1/11/2017 at 8:52 PM, MDM4AU said:

Clemson's game-winning TD vs ? It's a similar pick/rub play the Tide used to beat in OT in 2014.

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/818694492886888448/video/1

The difference I see between the bama pick play and the clemson one is McElroy made no attempt to run. He was standing there stationery whereas Watson was actually making a run and the Clemson receiver was perfectly justified in blocking down on the bama DB, and Watson had the option to pass or  run at that point. Maybe WarTiger can spread some light on it. JMO.

This image was on the same Twitter thread. The refs said because there was mutual contact, they did not call OPI or DPI. This shows the level of defensive contact immediately following the snap.

C1ycHjpWIAAtlSe.jpg

1 hour ago, meh130 said:

This image was on the same Twitter thread. The refs said because there was mutual contact, they did not call OPI or DPI. This shows the level of defensive contact immediately following the snap.

If you watch the play in slow motion, it most definitely appears that the bama player initiated contact. He stepped in and grabbed the Clemson player, then threw him down (incidentally nearly tripping the actual receiver). If anyone should have been called it would have been bama for holding... penalty declined... touchdown.

10 hours ago, meh130 said:

C1ycHjpWIAAtlSe.jpg

Not only this play, but also on Clemson's third td, the contact was initiated by Humphrey exactly on the line of scrimmage by wrapping his arm on the inside of the turn of each receiver.  Clemson hadn't even crossed the line.  The first time Humphrey slipped and fell on his butt which freed the receiver and the second time his holding onto the inside shoulder is what shifted his momentum away from the ball.   Clemson must have picked up on Humphrey's tendency to grab on the inside of the receiver's shift.  Humphrey got burned, twice !

7 hours ago, Elephant Tipper said:

Not only this play, but also on Clemson's third td, the contact was initiated by Humphrey exactly on the line of scrimmage by wrapping his arm on the inside of the turn of each receiver.  Clemson hadn't even crossed the line.  The first time Humphrey slipped and fell on his butt which freed the receiver and the second time his holding onto the inside shoulder is what shifted his momentum away from the ball.   Clemson must have picked up on Humphrey's tendency to grab on the inside of the receiver's shift.  Humphrey got burned, twice !

maybe they were trying to take the penalties to run out the clock or force the field goal.?

I am sick of their fans complaining about illegal plays especially when looking at that photo above.

7 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

maybe they were trying to take the penalties to run out the clock or force the field goal.?

I am sick of their fans complaining about illegal plays especially when looking at that photo above.

That's exactly what he was doing.  UpDykes were unethical.  The D constantly threw cheap shots at DW.  RF got called on it for 15.  This isn't what the game is about, but when their D couldn't do the job they took shortcuts, and it cost them. 

Archived