2018 4* RB Asa Martin Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

18 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I don't want to sound greedy or unappreciative but does this mean we are through at RB?

If Teague or Pearce knocked on our door, we wouldn't tell them to go away, but I think we'll be happy with what we have if they don't. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

If Teague or Pearce knocked on our door, we wouldn't tell them to go away, but I think we'll be happy with what we have if they don't. 

That's what I figured and I am certainly happy with the two weeks have.

1 hour ago, milehighfan said:

I don't want to sound greedy or unappreciative but does this mean we are through at RB?

Likely. Teague is the only realistic option we would listen to barring a decommitment.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Actually Asa & Pierce were on a first come first serve basis for the past month. Unless something changes, which is possible, we wouldn't take Pierce right now if he wanted in.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Actually Asa & Pierce were on a first come first serve basis for the past month. Unless something changes, which is possible, we wouldn't take Pierce right now if he wanted in.

Wow... that's surprising, since they are different types of backs.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Wow... that's surprising, since they are different types of backs.

Perhaps, but equally capable of being the man. Or something. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Perhaps, but equally capable of being the man. Or something. 

Yup... you know me... I'll get behind a KJ style runner just like any good fan should, but I love for AU that have a Kam style bruiser in the backfield.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, AuburnArch13 said:

James Cook completely ruled us out at this point?

It would be safe to say Yes. I be shocked to see him land somewhere other than thUGA

Latest on Asa is 3 TD,s 157 yards rushing on 10 carries, 

ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh what a night! 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Ahead of Jasper 40-7 late in 3rd, may not see much playing time for the remainder of the game 

3 hours ago, AuburnArch13 said:

Betcha bammer gets in on him.  I've heard nothing inside about Cook in a couple weeks so I'm assuming he wasn't giving the feedback we were looking for.

14 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Yup... you know me... I'll get behind a KJ style runner just like any good fan should, but I love for AU that have a Kam style bruiser in the backfield.

I think Asa has the capability to be more physical than most of realize. JMO.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AuburnArch13 said:

I have no clue but until he visits it ain't happening.

54 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Agree.  If he continues to work on his upper body strength it would really help the cause .  

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

In watching his videos, and listening to his game, and the homer announcers  (timeout!   If any of you are from Decatur ,or have any connection to Austin High School, please,please contact somebody and tell those squawking myna birds that announce their games to stop with the incessant jabbering.    I have never heard such a badly called game in my life.    It seemed that they were way more important than the actual game.    High school announcers are not pros and most do their best, but these clowns are the worst in the history of high school radio broadcasters.   Utterly ridiculous.   Now back to regular programming) I really think that we have a budding Emmitt Smith.   I saw a little Carnell in him,also.   Very impressed with Asa

Edited by doverstutts
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

Agree.  If he continues to work on his upper body strength it would really help the cause .  

His upper body strength is fine for his age. He just chooses to juke more often than run through tackles right now.

4 hours ago, doverstutts said:

I have never heard such a badly called game in my life.

The play-by-play guy for my alma mater is pretty bad too. Worst I've ever heard TBH.

Edited by ellitor

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

His upper body strength is fine for his age. He just chooses to juke more often than run through tackles right now.

Hopefully this habit isn't as pervasive for him as it was for Roc.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Good vision, natural runner. Still has plenty of room for improvement, like shifting the ball to his outside arm when he's running down the sidelines.

With Auburn's season less then a week away, I wonder if we'll get anymore commitments. I'm we'll get some during the season.