2018 4* RB Asa Martin Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

FWIW Keith has said numerous times this year to keep an eye on J Whitlow in the future. He has misses like anyone else but Keith has a history of being right more than wrong on his player evaluations.

he was SPOT the heck on with cowart. I will never forget his words of caution. First he said cece jefferson was better. CHECK. Second he said that all the big time players that come out of armwood tend to be busts. Well...................... add another one to the list.

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

he was SPOT the heck on with cowart. I will never forget his words of caution. First he said cece jefferson was better. CHECK. Second he said that all the big time players that come out of armwood tend to be busts. Well...................... add another one to the list.

And Braden Smith is a better Guard prospect in college than tackle. Triple Check.

• Thanks 1

FWIW Keith has said numerous times this year to keep an eye on J Whitlow in the future. He has misses like anyone else but Keith has a history of being right more than wrong on his player evaluations.

JW would have been our 3rd string back if he hadn’t been injured. He’s dynamic and is in line with the type of back KJ and AM are.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And Braden Smith is a better Guard prospect in college than tackle. Triple Check.

Y8WfBeM.gif

E, got that steel trap memory!!!! lol very impressive. Also again he was spot on!

23 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

dyer played at this little small private school. What asa did vs much better competition is def more impressive. Dyer was still a stud. He would of been a stud anywhere he played in high school.

Thanks for the correction.    I thought Dyer went to LR Hall HS.  I believe you.   Most of those schools are pretty rough....

• Like 1

Just now, Beaker said:

Thanks for the correction.    I thought Dyer went to LR Hall HS.  I believe you.   Most of those schools are pretty rough....

I think he went to Little Rock Christian Academy if I am not mistaken. It has been awhile since I have thought about ol mike dyer! haha

12 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

JW would have been our 3rd string back if he hadn’t been injured. He’s dynamic and is in line with the type of back KJ and AM are.

Has J Whitlock really got that same quickness and upper body strength (like KJ)?  Looked like he was playing against some pretty low end competition.   Not hard to run away from most of those defender.  He has one extra year at Auburn though...nice

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Even though the competition may not be stellar, that's a great run at the 16:37 mark...stays low the whole way and keeps his balance.

Edited by AUDevil
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

How much weight do you need him at? He came into AU @ 216 lbs. He's not small by any means.

#truth

For some reason, when he signed I was thinking he was a smaller type speedster guy, but he has good size and strength to go with his speed and athleticism.  Also, I think that’s the first time I’ve seen his tape. Dude did EVERYTHING for his team!  Very versatile!  I’m feeling better about our RB depth as we speak. (I’m still planning for KJ and KP to go pro)

Along with JW, KMart is good.  Hopefully MM will fix whatever the hold up is on him because I think he has a lot of potential.  DB has a lot playmaking ability.  Asa is gonna be a STUD, and soon!  Worm reminds me a lot of guys like Sproles and MJD (except Worm is faster!).  

Yeah, RBU will be all right. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Worm reminds me a lot of guys like Sproles and MJD (except Worm is faster!).  

Worm has good muscle to cover his frame. I'm not sure if he will be as thick up top as MJD & DS. He reminds me more of this guy but with potentially better vision since he's a RB...

• Like 3

Worm has good muscle to cover his frame. I'm not sure if he will be as thick up top as MJD & DS. He reminds me more of this guy but with potentially better vision since he's a RB...

If Worm ends up being anything close to Tyreek Hill I think we’ll be just fine. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

If Worm ends up being anything close to Tyreek Hill I think we’ll be just fine. 

I'm just glad Worm has been brought up better than Hill so the only thing that might be similar between the two is play on the field. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I'm just glad Worm has been brought up better than Hill so the only thing that might be similar between the two is play on the field. 

I should’ve reiterated that part lol. From everything I’ve seen @Momma Worm has brought the guy up right. 

• Like 2

Article on POY

Big honor for Auburn commit Asa Martin

The Auburn running back commit had a huge senior season.

• Keith Niebuhr - 
  • 8Title/Alt Text Tigers commit Asa Martin. (Photo: Keith Niebuhr, 247Sports)

Auburn 4-star running back commit Asa Martin had a huge senior season and he has been rewarded for his play.

After rushing for more than 2,000 yards for Decatur (Ala.) Austin, Martin has been named Gatorade Player of the Year in the state of Alabama.

In his final high school game, a 51-50 overtime loss to Pinson Valley in the Class 6A state quarterfinals in late November, Martin rushed for 267 yards and three touchdowns (4, 59, 67 yards).

He finished the season with 2,228 rushing yards with 33 touchdowns. He also was a big part of the Austin passing game -- and played cornerback when called upon.

An early enrollee, Martin will sign with Auburn on Dec. 20.

This week he will be in Hattiesburg, Miss., to compete in the annual Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Game.

Edited by LKEEL75
  • Like 4

Just now, McLoofus said:

Orange Slice Mom can't stand her. 

Yeah, but Orange Slice Mom is a pushy, know-it-all b****. She knows her orange slices are what the kids need because she played tennis her freshman year at the University of Rochester, where she graduated with a degree in Herbal Medicine. Now she works as a Life Coach for Beachbody® selling nutritional shakes and "passive income" opportunities. Meanwhile, her kids are allergic to everything.

Last season, she had to be removed from the field after calling Jared, son of Krispy-Kreme Mom, a "fat-ass just like his mother" after missing a tackle. That, and she's the only mom from the Northeast. So the others, especially the referees, already hated the sound of her voice, which is easily distinguishable from thee fields over. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Yeah, but Orange Slice Mom is a pushy, know-it-all b****. She knows her orange slices are what the kids need because she played tennis her freshman year at the University of Rochester, where she graduated with a degree in Herbal Medicine. Now she works as a Life Coach for Beachbody® selling nutritional shakes and "passive income" opportunities. Meanwhile, her kids are allergic to everything.

Last season, she had to be removed from the field after calling Jared, son of Krispy-Kreme Mom, a "fat-ass just like his mother" after missing a tackle. That, and she's the only mom from the Northeast. So the others, especially the referees, already hated the sound of her voice, which is easily distinguishable from thee fields over. 

Image result for happy tears gif

• Like 1

On 12/4/2017 at 4:21 PM, AUDevil said:

Even though the competition may not be stellar, that's a great run at the 16:37 mark...stays low the whole way and keeps his balance.

That's a seriously impressive run. With all the running back depth talk lately, I'm surprised that he's been glossed over by so many like myself. Glad to know we've got him in the wings. 

Whitlow played at Lafayette so his competition was terrible and is probably the reason he was headed to UAB or Tulane til AU offered him late. Takes nothing away from his athletic talent though, so a redshirt year will probably benefit him tremendously. A dominant player against terrible competition has always seemed to be one of the hardest evaluations to make for college coaches to me. 

• Like 1