A recruiting question...

LKEEL75

I have been trying to figure this out for some time now.  I hear several of these recruits say that the coaches text them every day.  Some say that they aren't feeling the love as much because the coaches aren't texting them every day like other schools.

1) Do coaches really text them every day a legit text?  Or is it more of a blast text to all the recruits saying something generic?
2) Is this a decision made by CGM about who you are to be sure and text vs meh just be sure he knows we are here?  Or is it decided by the recruiter?
3) When the heck do they find time?  It seems to me their day would be loaded with all sorts of stuff already.

1 minute ago, lkeel75 said:

1) Do coaches really text them every day a legit text?  Or is it more of a blast text to all the recruits saying something generic?
2) Is this a decision made by CGM about who you are to be sure and text vs meh just be sure he knows we are here?  Or is it decided by the recruiter?
3) When the heck do they find time?  It seems to me their day would be loaded with all sorts of stuff already.

1. Probably a combination depending on the day, the target, & time demands on the coach.
2. Probably more coordinated by Steele & Lindsey instead of Gus for D & O targets respectively since they have the most weight in the targets they want. Yes Gus has the final say on targets but he usually doesn't give a weighted opinion on D targets. On O he appears to have given Chip a lot of control including with recruiting.
3. They always find time to take a couple minutes to text the targets they want most.

That's interesting @ellitor.  I guess it just seems crazy to me that these coaches have so much to do and yet they find time to talk to so many recruits that often.  Heck I can't find time to talk to my dad every day.

2 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

That's interesting @ellitor.  I guess it just seems crazy to me that these coaches have so much to do and yet they find time to talk to so many recruits that often.  Heck I can't find time to talk to my dad every day.

It doesn't take long to send a text & it doesn't have to be done immediately like talking on the phone or in person.

Plus coaches at this level get up 5am and stop working around 9-10pm.  They sacrifice a lot of family time.  At the high school level we put time from about 5 am - 8pm consistently.  On game nights you might not get away from the school until after midnight.  

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Plus coaches at this level get up 5am and stop working around 9-10pm.  They sacrifice a lot of family time.  At the high school level we put time from about 5 am - 8pm consistently.  On game nights you might not get away from the school until after midnight.  

When my Prattville Lions were rolling the coaches would spend some nights at school, only taking naps while preparing

recruiting is like dating. The recruit has got to want to actually talk to you back EVERY DAY and on the flip the school has got to want you as a player and offer you a commitable offer and really pursue the recruit to be reaching out every day. Goes both ways. Sometimes when guys say they are not feeling the love what they really could mean is they are just not feeling that school or coach. 

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

recruiting is like dating. The recruit has got to want to actually talk to you back EVERY DAY and on the flip the school has got to want you as a player and offer you a commitable offer and really pursue the recruit to be reaching out every day. Goes both ways. Sometimes when guys say they are not feeling the love what they really could mean is they are just not feeling that school or coach. 

Yup & sometimes that means the school or coach is not contacting them enough or the school is trying but the player does not like the school enough to accept calls or messages. See Aubrey Solomon with AU.

8 hours ago, corchjay said:

I've slept in the training room many times after games due to having to be back at the fieldhouse at 5 on Saturday

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

It doesn't take long to send a text & it doesn't have to be done immediately like talking on the phone or in person.

Sometimes, its not the coach making the text. I'm just saying...

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Sometimes, its not the coach making the text. I'm just saying...

Ohhh Duh on me...And that reminds me Patrick Suddes probably does some of that as well as help Steele & Chip with recruiting plans as he is the real recruiting coordinator.

Archived