Softball vs. uat - game 3

Well announcers finally have a happy ending.....but a nice series for AU but all those Ks ?....that really bothers me going forward.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fagan grounds to short and that's the game.  Auburn falls 3-2.   Leaving the bases loaded in the 1st and 2nd came back to hurt.    Side note:  Tennessee leads Texas A&M 8-3 in the bottom 7th.  If that score holds, Auburn clinches the #2 seed in the SEC Tournament. 

Way to go, ladies! Another SEC series win and at turdtown. War Eagle! 

Hate that we didn't sweep them, but excited we came away with the series win.   Auburn batters still need much work on technique.  I understand osario is a great pitcher, but 32 strike outs?  We can do much better, imo.  Overall, proud of these ladies taking the series on the road.

15 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Fagan grounds to short and that's the game.  Auburn falls 3-2.   Leaving the bases loaded in the 1st and 2nd came back to hurt.    Side note:  Tennessee leads Texas A&M 8-3 in the bottom 7th.  If that score holds, Auburn clinches the #2 seed in the SEC Tournament. 

Looks like auburn clinched #2 seed, just plain awesome!

Let me point out that, despite all our (including mine) griping and pontificating about the hitting, we finished the regular season with same number of losses as last year - 9.

26 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Final was 8-6.

3 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Let me point out that, despite all our (including mine) griping and pontificating about the hitting, we finished the regular season with same number of losses as last year - 9.

Yep.  We have had clutch pitching.  Rarely is a team going to string 3-4 hits together in a single inning to score runs on us the long way unless we walk people. That is such a great weapon to have. 

THis team is going to win with pitching only when it counts in the playoffs. 

You can see the pattern that opposing coaches are using on our lineup:

1. Walk Cooper just about every time. Maybe even walk Wallace if needed.

2. Hope to get Fagan out.

3. the 7-9 hitters will more than likely never get the bat on the ball or out of the infield. 

4. Rivera has moved up to cleanup, because she seems to get the bat on the ball more than definitely Veach and Fagan (although she has come a round a little more this series)..

Archived