Softball vs. uat - game 3

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Commentary is so hilariously biased, not even trying to hide it. 

Auburn trailing for the first time all weekend, 3-1.   Pitching change as Makayla Martin comes in.

Martin comes in a gets the strikeout to end the 3rd.  Auburn trailing 3-1.      These announcers are pretty awful.  I always expect a neutral broadcast when watching a nationally televised game (in any sport) but never actually get it.   Won't be long before they bring up the suspensions again.  neutrality is a lost thing among broadcasters, particularly when it comes to Auburn.  They are just anti-Auburn.

The biscuit thing is stupid as hell, but wouldn't it be considered a prop and therefore, against NCAA rules?   Sure seems like it would be to me.    Crocker, Draper and Cooper coming up in the 4th.

6 minutes ago, jared52 said:

At what point should we start assuming uat is throwing at AU hitters on purpose?

Something just doesn't seem right.  How many batters has Alabama hit all year?

3 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Martin comes in a gets the strikeout to end the 3rd.  Auburn trailing 3-1.      These announcers are pretty awful.  I always expect a neutral broadcast when watching a nationally televised game (in any sport) but never actually get it.   Won't be long before they bring up the suspensions again.  neutrality is a lost thing among broadcasters, particularly when it comes to Auburn.  They are just anti-Auburn.

5th inning

Now the announcer is just making stuff up.   Wallace did not in any way, shape or form take a knee to the chin.  

14 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Seems one every school has a broadcast team for softball and they sort of try to be unbiased. These two aren't really good at that. 

Just now, jared52 said:

Seems one every school has a broadcast team for softball and they sort of try to be unbiased. These two aren't really good at that. 

Isn't one of them a former Alabama player?

Just now, WeagleAU said:

Isn't one of them a former Alabama player?

I'm not going to do her the justice of googling her, but I would assume so. 

Martin gives up a 2 out single, but the next batter tries to bunt and the ball hits her after she left the box  to end the 4th.   Auburn trailing 3-1.   Rivera, Veach and Fagan coming up.

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

I was just thinking that this broadcast team is one of the worst I've heard all season. They just can't keep the bammer out.

3 minutes ago, jared52 said:

They aren't that good at all, but this isn't the school broadcast team.   This is an ESPN/SEC Network crew (the last two games)  Friday nights game was a uat announcing crew.

Announcer said uat player drove in the game's first run. Um no, that would be the HR by Fagan that you've already put out of your mind dummy. 

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

I was just thinking that this broadcast team is one of the worst I've heard all season. They just can't keep the bammer out.

They are just flat out bad. 

1 minute ago, WarTiger said:

They aren't that good at all, but this isn't the school broadcast team.   This is an ESPN/SEC Network crew (the last two games)  Friday nights game was a uat announcing crew.

Ah, ok. I don't watch uat play so I wasn't sure. That sad though. I would give them a minor pass if they but. Otherwise, geez. 

Just now, WarTiger said:

Well ESPN has always had a bammer slant....

Archived