Baseball vs. FSU Game Thread (Winner-Take-All)

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game reminding me of the Arky game in the SEC tournament...no hit by three guys with "nothing"....which probably made a good model for the FSU approach tonight against AU.

That was a quick 1-2-3 inning...

3 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I don't think it was a bad decision. You need some momentum- looked like we would've had him, just hit the guy in the helmet and bounced away. I sum that up to crappy luck- needed some sort of spark. Maybe not do that again if we had that situation back but I don't think it was that terrible a decision.

I will disagree 100%. Odds of anything good happening on that throw are 100-1. Just not smart baseball. But doesnt make any difference if you have ZERO runs. Terrible hitting is losing this one.

Underachieving series (given the position we were in after two games) but still can't take away from an Overachieving season. Sucks, but a block to build on for Auburn baseball this year. War Eagle.

Man, I don't get why our guys have so much trouble with the off-speed. Make an adjustment, sit back, and read it. Was taught how to hit a curveball in 7th grade.... maybe not as good of one as they are seeing but seems to be that you make an adjustment, and you sit back. It's not like this guy has mixed in his fastball much

Watson back on the mound...needs to stop FSU here...

pop fly to CF

and a single to center with one out...

1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

I will disagree 100%. Odds of anything good happening on that throw are 100-1. Just not smart baseball. But doesnt make any difference if you have ZERO runs. Terrible hitting is losing this one.

When you've got no momentum, and there's an opportunity for a little spark, I'm fine with it 

1 minute ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Underachieving series (given the position we were in after two games) but still can't take away from an Overachieving season. Sucks, but a block to build on for Auburn baseball this year. War Eagle.

You are correct but I'm tired of us always building but never being built. And it's that way in all 3 men's sports. 

Well..that pretty much does it....ball off the right center wall drives in run #4 and leaves runner on 2nd with one out....

Anderson comes in to try and get out of the inning...

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

You are correct but I'm tired of us always building but never being built. And it's that way in all 3 men's sports. 

Don't take out the frustration on the other sports though on baseball. Before this year only three regionals since 2000 and last regional final in 2010. This isn't a "I'm tired of just getting there" type season. This is a legit firm building block.

Just now, tigerbrotha12 said:

That stupid 50 foot long fence 

Well..it it wasn't for the fence the ball would  have been across the street behind the stadium.....

1 minute ago, FoundationEagle said:

These guys are just simply a better team than we are at every level and want it 100000 times more. Game over. 

You have no idea how bad our team wants it. Dont pretend you do.

10 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

NO.  :angry:   Inexperience and nerves. 

The word isn't something to get pissed about. It was an ignorant play...due to a lack of experience. Simply put.

Just now, boisnumber1 said:

The fat lady is warming up. We gave this series away yesterday im afraid.

Yep...when you are an underdog team...you usually only get once chance to spring the big upset....that one got away and with out pitching situation and poor hitting there was not much likelihood we could do it again.  JMO

Way too timid at the plate. Did I miss something in regards to Conor Davis? Where has he been? Jeremy Johnson? Johnson was consistently putting the ball in play when he was in. Even if an out, make them at least play the field.

Just now, autigeremt said:

The word isn't something to get pissed about. It was an ignorant play...due to a lack of experience. Simply put.

It is kind of demeaning. Not the same as being inexperienced.

nice play by Jarvis...saved a run and got out #2...FSU runner held at 3rd...

Well dang...wheels are coming off now...another double to right center and another run comes in making it 5-0

Thompson out to the mound but too little and too late now.   Holding them to 4 or 5 was actually a pretty good job...who would have thought we could only get a couple hits off of a mid-week pitcher who had never gone over 5 innings...against anyone...

Herndon is pitcher #6...giving everyone a chance to get their name in the box score I guess.

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

It is kind of demeaning. Not the same as being inexperienced.

Settle down Belle. We are about to to see one of the great comebacks in Auburn history.

Downright pathetic at this point. End of the year slide proves more than a fluke. We splay the post season same as the regular.  Start out strong and then completely fold up shop and pack it in.  At least we get experience this year.  Guessing we can build on it next year. Think we have the right coach in place, just need more players and experience. 

Archived