Baseball vs. FSU Game Thread (Winner-Take-All)

4 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

It is kind of demeaning. Not the same as being inexperienced.

I disagree. He's played in 21 games out of the pen....he made a mistake but it wasn't a smart decision. He'll learn.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SaltyTiger said:

Settle down Belle. We are about to to see one of the great comebacks in Auburn history.

I wish.....but I'm not feelin' it tonight.

Herndon K's his first batter and the inning is over...

Just now, autigeremt said:

I disagree. He's played in 21 games out of the pen....he made a mistake but it wasn't a smart decision. He'll learn.

This is a much bigger game. Different scenario for a young player. None of these kids have been this far in an NCAA tourney. 

4 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

Downright pathetic at this point. End of the year slide proves more than a fluke. We splay the post season same as the regular.  Start out strong and then completely fold up shop and pack it in.  At least we get experience this year.  Guessing we can build on it next year. Think we have the right coach in place, just need more players and experience. 

"As the regular." We regularly make the regional final when picked to finish last in the west? Damn, I need to follow the baseball program more...

and whats more...we regularly make the postseason???

We look like a team that last night was the killer. Just dont have any fire - or havent shown it. Their heart was ripped out last  night & taking more than 24hrs to recover.

6 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

"As the regular." We regularly make the regional final when picked to finish last in the west? Damn, I need to follow the baseball program more...

and whats more...we regularly make the postseason???

Same as the REGULAR SEASON

Just now, FoundationEagle said:

Same as the REGULAR SEASON

No no no Foundation. NOT WHAT YOU SAID! ;)

I'm ok with last nights loss.  We fought hard ... both teams did some good and bad things ... and we came within a strike of winning ... as did they.

tonight is just bad batting.  We all expected the pitching to possibly be like this.  After the way we batted last night, who could have seen this

Just now, FoundationEagle said:

Re read. Clearly implied :laugh: 

At my current BAC, nothing is implied! 6-0 to bottom 9, let's score 7.

Another HR....and a big one.  Just wondering once more....why can't our big guys hit an occasional dinger like that.

Not sure what our batting instruction is all about  but seems to me that we are not attempting to play big ball. ....there are individuals all over the country in Div I baseball with almost as many HRs this year as the entire Auburn team.   Just saying.....we need a big change in offensive philosophy in my view.

For a team of mostly JUCOs and freshmen.....this season has been a very good one. Congrats to the team and coaches for making it this far. Each year should get better from here on out. War Eagle

3 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I'm ok with last nights loss.  We fought hard ... both teams did some good and bad things ... and we came within a strike of winning ... as did they.

tonight is just bad batting.  We all expected the pitching to possibly be like this.  After the way we batted last night, who could have seen this

I felt that this would happen but hoped I was wrong. Last night took everything this team had. 

Same bull s*** as the SEC tournament. We show up with no heart to win when it matters.

I expect to be better next year, but it won't matter if we crumple under any expectations

Just now, AUTigersfan89 said:

Same bull s*** as the SEC tournament. We show up with no heart to win when it matters.

I expect to be better next year, but it won't matter if we crumple under any expectations

I'm a little wary (besides you're seemingly otherworldly ability to determine the heart of a team who's overachieved for three out of four months from a TV screen) of people who automatically assume we'll be better next year. Losing Keegan, draft uncertain with lots of JuCo guys...hopefully Coach Thompson didn't screw himself by being too successful too early. Hopefully now the program can begin to be built from a freshman class on and not rely so much on JuCo

1 minute ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

They have plenty of heart. Did you watch last night at all? This is a team with mostly no NCAA Tournament experience and a bullpen with little depth. They have done a great job just to get this far. 

26 minutes ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

What a bull**** comment.  You've got absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

We run up against the program that's the gold standard of college baseball, come within an eyelash of knocking them out in their park and we crumpled.  Did you see Lipscomb go 100 pitches in relief last night and crumple?  Did you see Luke Jarvis, after he'd missed most of the last 6 weeks with back spasms, go deep to his left and dive for a ball and crumple.  We've got one true outfielder in that lineup, a mix and match infield including a guy who was a JUCO catcher last year playing third and a guy who was sick all December and lost 20 pounds just before the season started who got almost no relief behind the plate.  What that team and coaching staff gave this year was nothing short of heroic, but you're too stupid to realize it. Give me an effing break with your kitty cat whining.  What a dumbass statement.

Base hit....here we go.

Logan the only guy to touch this pitcher.....thus far....

Archived