Play calling was amazing

gr82b4au

Only one that pissed me off was the run up the gut with Stidham after the injuries. Other than that, I was tickled pink with the coaching tonight. 

9 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Only one that pissed me off was the run up the gut with Stidham after the injuries. Other than that, I was tickled pink with the coaching tonight. 

That and the Malik Willis run. Other than that, they called about as good of a game as you can call.

Just now, caleb1633 said:

That and the Malik Willis run. Other than that, they called about as good of a game as you can call.

Agreed. Forgot about that one. In a bit of a alcohol enhanced happy fog tonight. :laugh:

I'm mixed. The calls were fine when we knew we needed to be aggressive but down the stretch we could have put them away a series early and we chose not to. Instead we ran a hurts KJ the next series. Gus is so conservative . Yes, we won but I thought we had a couple of opportunities to step on the throat and didn't. We are going to have to rotate RBs and pass next game and keep Gus off of the headset. I knew when we were going  to be aggressive and later when we were going to sit on it. I hope we break that tendency.

Brilliant, the throw that scored the first touchdown. Caught me by surprise and kept me delighted in anticipation for more.

Lindsey hammered the perimeter with quick throws, didn't abandon it even when we were comfortably ahead.  Stidham made some great check downs, the biggest one out of the home run ball on the reverse to throw (from the freakin' wildcat) back to Ryan Davis who broke Minkah's ankles on the cut back away from the sideline.  That was a thing of beauty...primary target (NCM) got held in the secondary, check down to the second receiver and let him make a play.

auburnn.0.gif

8 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Lindsey hammered the perimeter with quick throws, didn't abandon it even when we were comfortably ahead.  Stidham made some great check downs, the biggest one out of the home run ball on the reverse to throw (from the freakin' wildcat) back to Ryan Davis who broke Minkah's ankles on the cut back away from the sideline.  That was a thing of beauty...primary target (NCM) got held in the secondary, check down to the second receiver and let him make a play.

auburnn.0.gif

I was mad at first because I was like "not the wildcat again!" lol 

Not criticizing, but I didn't notice many (or any) jet sweeps to Eli stove, until late 4th and bammer got a couple shoestring tackles. That's a bread and butter play for us, why did we not try to attack the edge you football gurus?

28 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Brilliant, the throw that scored the first touchdown. Caught me by surprise and kept me delighted in anticipation for more.

Funny, I had thought to myself all week, wouldn't be interesting if we dug out the Kerryon pop pass from the Sugar Bowl.

I almost felt like I attended an offensive staff meeting this week.

1 minute ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Funny, I had thought to myself all week, wouldn't be interesting if we dug out the Kerryon pop pass from the Sugar Bowl.

I almost felt like I attended an offensive staff meeting this week.

I'm recommending you for a raise and a promotion.  How do you feel about the vacant AD position?

44 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

I think that was on Malik.  He pulled the ball when the end didn't crash.

21 minutes ago, hikerdns said:

why did we not try to attack the edge you football gurus?

We did... Lots of WR screens.  

22 minutes ago, hikerdns said:

Not criticizing, but I didn't notice many (or any) jet sweeps to Eli stove, until late 4th and bammer got a couple shoestring tackles. That's a bread and butter play for us, why did we not try to attack the edge you football gurus?

Jet sweeps normally don't work against quick defenses 

20 minutes ago, hikerdns said:

I wondered about this too. I think Chip thought, wisely, that the jet sweep would have little success against the strength and quickness of Bama's D and would have, in fact, resulted in lost yards more often than not.

4 minutes ago, Pedaler said:

I was hoping for the Cox whirlybird on our last possession. Maybe next time

:jump:Yes! We should have run the CoxCat just once as a shout out to Cox, who blocks his butt off on every play and is such a big part of O's success running the ball.

46 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

I'm mixed. The calls were fine when we knew we needed to be aggressive but down the stretch we could have put them away a series early and we chose not to. Instead we ran a hurts KJ the next series. Gus is so conservative . Yes, we won but I thought we had a couple of opportunities to step on the throat and didn't. We are going to have to rotate RBs and pass next game and keep Gus off of the headset. I knew when we were going  to be aggressive and later when we were going to sit on it. I hope we break that tendency.

Kj is getting the mileage ran up on him . The other tailbacks aren’t gonna get any better unless you play them . Gotta spread the wealth . JMO 

CCL is in his groove and Kudos CGM for finally allowing and trusting him. That is the makings of an elite coach. Now, let's crush the puppies so we can play Wisconsin in the playoffs.

Archived