Play calling was amazing

gr82b4au

1 hour ago, Bigbens42 said:

Only one that pissed me off was the run up the gut with Stidham after the injuries. Other than that, I was tickled pink with the coaching tonight. 

You got Miller and Barrett...both fully capable of picking up a couple of yards.

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

You got Miller and Barrett...both fully capable of picking up a couple of yards.

Hell, with our luck on that string of plays, Barret's arms might have fallen off and Miller may have come down with a sudden case of spontaneous combustion. 

2 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Lindsey hammered the perimeter with quick throws, didn't abandon it even when we were comfortably ahead.  Stidham made some great check downs, the biggest one out of the home run ball on the reverse to throw (from the freakin' wildcat) back to Ryan Davis who broke Minkah's ankles on the cut back away from the sideline.  That was a thing of beauty...primary target (NCM) got held in the secondary, check down to the second receiver and let him make a play.

auburnn.0.gif

I thought the check down was beautiful. 

2 minutes ago, GoAU said:

I thought the check down was beautiful. 

What's beautiful is Chandler Cox hauling ass forty yards downfield looking to blow somebody up. 

We outplayed those guys at every position on almost every play.  After the fourth down "do over" that whole team stood there on the field looking at the officials like they couldn't believe they weren't going to help them out (again).

2 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

That and the Malik Willis run. Other than that, they called about as good of a game as you can call.

Why was he even on the field?  And then there was the two point play with the tackle at wideout which apparently confused Stidham, the tackle and the other 9 on the field...and me...I guess Gus just has to do something every game to keep us on our toes.  I thought my wife was going to have a stroke when Willis lined up at QB...it will take a win vs GA before she gets over that.

Chip is really starting to hit his stride the last few games. He just beat bama with the short passing game from across the middle to the sideline to counter the bama blitz. That in turn helped to open up running lanes. Beautiful play calling, execution by the skill players and some great blocking out there by the OL and Chandler Cox.

5 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Gus and Chip were obviously hiding the playbook for Bama.

IDK if they really ran too much different aside from the jump pass, 2 pt play, and the Willis package. Using Stid up the middle designed maybe. I really hope people don’t completely disown the Willis package after one bad try, that would’ve been a fantastic opportunity to have Willis run a RPO. The whole team sold out on the run. I hope Gus sees that and implements it next week. Rather see Willis and his threat of throwing over 5% KJ being forced to run the package

I just didn't like the timing of Willis.  Preferred it being a 2nd and 6 type of call instead of 1st down. 

Archived